1. *#*#3282#*#* enter msl to change port #'s to 0 and 0.0.0.0 so 3G is faster. Are there different instructions for ns4g. Port #'s under multimedia and says they are not set. So I'm asking if the hack for getting better 3G works on this phone
    ?

2. Since storage is built in, can it be allocated as virtual ram. I have seen this question before, but it always refers to a removable storage card. Don't really want to free up ram, just have more for usage.

I have searched, but maybe the question isn't being asked correctly. If there is a point I'm missing, i would appreciate any info.

Nexus s 4G
    Rooted
    Stock rom
    06-21-2011 02:58 PM
    1. *#*#3282#*#* enter msl to change port #'s to 0 and 0.0.0.0 so 3G is faster. Are there different instructions for ns4g. Port #'s under multimedia and says they are not set. So I'm asking if the hack for getting better 3G works on this phone
    ?
    The NS4G does not use RTSP or HTTPPD proxy or ports so, no. What you're talking about is modifying the proxies and ports to 0's, and because we don't use them, the data is already null meaning they are bypassed.
    06-21-2011 04:25 PM
    The NS4G does not use RTSP or HTTPPD proxy or ports so, no. What you're talking about is modifying the proxies and ports to 0's, and because we don't use them, the data is already null meaning they are bypassed.
    I see, would you happen to know why they have left that section in there, or the option to alter them. Also, does that mean the 4g off Verizon towers hack won't work either.

What does the Nexus run off of as far 3G/4g
    my 3G is 50-150 kbs down and around 250-300 kbs up, so i know it slow. Evdo is worse. Get a low 4g, heard 4g testing was going on in Colorado springs. But i would think if i get a low 4g then my 3g would be better.
    Is there a thread posting where this is being researched or worked on?
    06-21-2011 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD