Hey all...I'm just curious what governer people are using, why, and what results they are getting as far as speed, battery, and all around performance. I really like the SA gov, but it seems like it burns battery a lot faster when the screen is on. My next choice is the 'ondemand.' That seems to be decent. I would really like to stick with SA though...
    06-29-2011 08:59 AM
    I love SA it gives me great battery life the only problem I have with it is when i stream any audio (pandora, podcast, music beta) it works just fine till i the screen times out then the the audio skips real bad as soon as i switch the gov to ondemand it fixes it.
    06-29-2011 11:20 AM
    I love SA it gives me great battery life the only problem I have with it is when i stream any audio (pandora, podcast, music beta) it works just fine till i the screen times out then the the audio skips real bad as soon as i switch the gov to ondemand it fixes it.
    I didn't think about that until your post... Oddly enough, this doesn't happen to me. I just ran a test with SA governer and Pandora played great for the 8 minutes I had the screen off. I don't know why, but I still think I have an issue with the battery on it though...
    06-29-2011 11:59 AM
    I use SA and have no issues streaming when screen is off. No battery life issues either.
    06-29-2011 12:38 PM
    I use SA and have no issues streaming when screen is off. No battery life issues either.
    I really like the SA gov and how it behaves with my phone... In your experience, does using ondemand with a screen off profile save battery vs SA setting?
    06-29-2011 01:37 PM
    I really like the SA gov and how it behaves with my phone... In your experience, does using ondemand with a screen off profile save battery vs SA setting?
    I ditched profiles when i left the EVO because i noticed that time and time again they were the cause of various random issues i had so i wouldn't be able to say. But whats good for me might not be good for you. I'd say give it a go and see if it helps out with your battery life. Should only take a day or 2 to figure out so not much investment.
    06-29-2011 02:26 PM
    I ditched profiles when i left the EVO because i noticed that time and time again they were the cause of various random issues i had so i wouldn't be able to say. But whats good for me might not be good for you. I'd say give it a go and see if it helps out with your battery life. Should only take a day or 2 to figure out so not much investment.
    What do you think decent battery life is? 10 hours, 12 hours, 14 hours? I guess that part is subjective.
    06-30-2011 02:26 PM
    What do you think decent battery life is? 10 hours, 12 hours, 14 hours? I guess that part is subjective.
    I personally get 16-18 hours per day and plug in at night still with 30 or so percent left. That number could change depending on the day but thats my typical numbers.
    06-30-2011 03:40 PM
    hmm I'm getting around those same numbers but i'm still using a stock rom/kernel. I'm hoping they might increase a little bit once I switch.
    06-30-2011 04:08 PM
    I personally get 16-18 hours per day and plug in at night still with 30 or so percent left. That number could change depending on the day but thats my typical numbers.
    WOW! I must be doing something wrong. I get barely 12 hours and my phone is literally dead. I am running Netarchy's 2.3.4 CFS stable kernel on stock ROM with the SmartA$$ setting, no profiles...also undervolted by 50 on each frequency. What gives?
    06-30-2011 05:23 PM
    SA on Matrix BFS @ 1.2 and my battery life isn't great but I stream music all day at work over 3G...
    07-15-2011 07:17 AM
    Smart@ss.. rom/kernel in the sig. Hadn't done much overclocking the couple weeks I've had the phone.. but have been running it at 200 min 1.2 max for the past day or so, can't comment on battery life or anything in that regard.
    07-15-2011 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD