08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    You'd think a Sprint worker would have some forum knowledge though. Enough to debunk or prove to the curious whether we're getting an update or not at least.
    No because those workers do not get this kind of information. At least not until the day they start receiving updates for devices. That is not their job to know this. They are strictly tech and sales people. If most paid attention, this update has been in the works for awhile and Gbhil told everyone that in a post here. It was coming. Just a matter of when?
    07-11-2011 10:31 PM
    You'd think a Sprint worker would have some forum knowledge though. Enough to debunk or prove to the curious whether we're getting an update or not at least.
    I've yet to come across ANY carrier worker who knows even one percent of what the average forum member knows. and thats over the past 10 or 15 years.
    Witnessed two at the Sprint store today receive the update. The only reason I knew it was it, was because it was GRJ90.
    SHould of taken a picture
    SHould of taken a picture
    Didn't need to, we have enough sources that has backed up that this update was coming. Even AC's Gbhil confirmed it. This is the final version to the leaked GRJ85.
    07-11-2011 10:33 PM
    No because those workers do not get this kind of information. At least not until the day they start receiving updates for devices. That is not their job to know this. They are strictly tech and sales people. If most paid attention, this update has been in the works for awhile and Gbhil told everyone that in a post here. It was coming. Just a matter of when?
    Well, I mostly meant the workers that have allegedly received the update. >_< Sorry.
    07-11-2011 10:35 PM
    Well, I mostly meant the workers that have allegedly received the update. >_< Sorry.
    They are just like any other consumer, they receive it. Same as a customer would.. This type of information is always kept from sales guys.

Rest assured the update is coming. Sprint Feed has always been pretty spot on.
    http://www.sprintfeed.com/2011/07/ne...oming-july-11/
    07-11-2011 10:36 PM
    Witnessed two at the Sprint store today receive the update. The only reason I knew it was it, was because it was GRJ90.
    Then you sir are the first I've seen. Any news to share

From Nexus with love
    07-11-2011 11:15 PM
    I got the update!!!!! I'm just kidding. Lol.

I've seen real updates here. Talked about posteD. Not saying its not delayed. But if it does come. Cool. If not I'm not surprised.
    07-11-2011 11:19 PM

I've seen real updates here. Talked about posteD. Not saying its not delayed. But if it does come. Cool. If not I'm not surprised.
    I got really excited for a second and then it was ripped away... not cool sir

From Nexus with love
    07-11-2011 11:24 PM

*******!! haha
    07-11-2011 11:29 PM
    July 11th has now come and gone with no update in sight. Although I believe an update will be released in the near future, is safe to conclude this rumor was just another cruel hoax.

Case closed...
    07-11-2011 11:59 PM
    July 11th has now come and gone with no update in sight. Although I believe an update will be released in the near future, is safe to conclude this rumor was just another cruel hoax.

Case closed...
    Hmmm guess you didn't read some of the posts I wrote. Whether you choose to believe so? I have already seen a few Nexus's in the Sprint stores with GRJ90 update. Wasn't a hoax.. Sorry to say! Again Sprint Feed has very close and reliable sources. They leaked it, and it has come to some already. Your just not looking hard enough. 5% is a very small number of individuals.

All the sources posted are credible, and Sprint managers, and others are reporting the update is ready. Again it's not a hoax, when people are saying these things. Or with actual proof from Sprint documents.

Here is the latest info I can give. A Sprint Employee confirms it has been postponed. At the bottom...
    http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/310208

If you guys want to force OTA to check. It will say Checkin succeeded and say an update if it's available.
    *#*#2432546#*#*
    07-12-2011 12:15 AM
    Hmmm guess you didn't read some of the posts I wrote. Whether you choose to believe so? I have already seen a few Nexus's in the Sprint stores with GRJ90 update. Wasn't a hoax.. Sorry to say! Again Sprint Feed has very close and reliable sources. They leaked it, and it has come to some already. Your just not looking hard enough. 5% is a very small number of individuals.

All the sources posted are credible, and Sprint managers, and others are reporting the update is ready. Again it's not a hoax, when people are saying these things. Or with actual proof from Sprint documents.
    I have read your posts - and all others as well. I do agree there is an update on the works and should be available soon... however, today was not the day for general public roll out as suggested by the rumor.

Whenever an update is actually rolling out, all of the major blogs post the news immediately; it may not reach every user that same day, but we know for sure is officially rolling out (look at the post on AC blog by Chris Parsons about the 2.3 update roll out for the Droid Incredible 2, posted today at 12:52 AM - that's what I'm talking about).

That's all I have to say about that...
    07-12-2011 12:43 AM
    If you guys want to force OTA to check. It will say Checkin succeeded and say an update if it's available.
    *#*#2432546#*#*
    CHECKIN doesn't produce any results... face it man, the update is not here yet!
    07-12-2011 12:46 AM
    I got really excited for a second and then it was ripped away... not cool sir

From Nexus with love
    Haha. Sorry. Couldn't resist. My sons friends uncles daughters friend has it. I seen it! Lol!
    07-12-2011 02:57 AM
    8:19 EDT still no update... ah well
    07-12-2011 07:20 AM
    Then why is the notice of the rollout on Sprint letterhead?
    Only notice I saw had the Sprintfeed logo on it and wasn't an "official" Sprint letterhead.

As a news website it is our responsibility to conduct ourselves in a professional manner. We will never attempt to represent ourselves as the Sprint Nextel Corporation or any of its subsidiaries. We will do our absolute best to honor any openly known embargo on Sprint products and services.
    07-12-2011 07:45 AM
    People get so angry at a rumor. It was never official. No need to get mad.
    07-12-2011 08:52 AM
    disappointed
    07-12-2011 08:53 AM
    Take this with a grain of salt...

Posted on a Sprint discussion thread, posted by a Sprint employee:

The GRJ90 update was originally going to be released today but was postponed. I do not have any information on the cause for the delay, or an updated release date.
    07-12-2011 09:28 AM
    Main page has a post with a screen shot of the delay notice to stores. On a positive note, at least this confirms that there was an update scheduled for the 11th!
    07-12-2011 09:45 AM
    Well np update now. Wonder how long it will take to get it again now? Also, this was a Sprint update correct and not a google update?
    07-12-2011 09:58 AM
    Yup its delayed front page of AC. Typical Sprint! Im guessing weekend update.
    07-12-2011 10:14 AM
    Im guessing weekend update.
    how long until this comment is spun into a factual rumor?

"I heard it from a guy that it's coming this weekend."
    07-12-2011 10:34 AM
    Yup its delayed front front page of AC. Typical Sprint! Im guessing weekend update.
    OOPS...LOL!!!
    07-12-2011 10:34 AM
960 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD