[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

since nothing official that is coming today, here is something unofficial that says it has been delayed:

[ns4g] OTA update Delayed - xda-developers
I came in to post the same thing. >_< No source though, plus with 5% supposedly getting it today, it's entirely possible for no one using these forums to get the update. Likely, no, possible, yes. Not believing a delay until the 15th.

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I came in to post the same thing. >_< No source though, plus with 5% supposedly getting it today, it's entirely possible for no one using these forums to get the update. Likely, no, possible, yes. Not believing a delay until the 15th.

Doesnt sprint do updates late in the day. I remember for my EVO 4G the update came around 7pm PST. Still time....just go to believe.

mattg67

May 23, 2010
Visit site

new2hack

May 11, 2011
Visit site

hey just called my local sprint store and rep assured me that the OTA is being pushed out in waves. She said the latest we could receive it is at the end of the week but that an update to fix reception was already being pushed out today! So keep *#*#checkin#*#* till your fingers fall off!

Last edited:

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

You know, this might have actually been delayed. Sprint has been busy with a nationwide text outages.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Thought they had that squared away. My area was working again within the hour it went out.

They do, but I guess it took up their time or something.

Interesting that they may have delayed that which was never announced.

I guess Sprint is as lazy as other companies. I've been calling to all corporate Sprint stores and each and every one of them have confirmed it and said it IS coming but they don't know when.

Guess it's just a waiting game. :p We've been waiting since May 8 for an update so what's a possible week (month...year?)?

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

The nexus doesn't get OTA's from the carrier it comes from Google.

Then why is the notice of the rollout on Sprint letterhead?

This is another huge misconception. You can be sure Sprint and every other carrier is in charge of the rollout of updates, because they are the ones who will get phone calls and visits to the store if it doesn't work.

What is getting confused is that the Samsung is not in control of these updates, since they don't control the operating system of the phone. It isn't like with other phones, where Samsung takes the updates from Google, puts their own software with it, and releases it to the carrier in their own time.