[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

Then why is the notice of the rollout on Sprint letterhead?

Only notice I saw had the Sprintfeed logo on it and wasn't an "official" Sprint letterhead.

nexuss4g_update.jpg

As a news website it is our responsibility to conduct ourselves in a professional manner. We will never attempt to represent ourselves as the Sprint Nextel Corporation or any of its subsidiaries. We will do our absolute best to honor any openly known embargo on Sprint products and services.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Main page has a post with a screen shot of the delay notice to stores. On a positive note, at least this confirms that there was an update scheduled for the 11th!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Well np update now. Wonder how long it will take to get it again now? Also, this was a Sprint update correct and not a google update?

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yup its delayed front page of AC. Typical Sprint! Im guessing weekend update.

Last edited:

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

how long until this comment is spun into a factual rumor?

"I heard it from a guy that it's coming this weekend."

Nope that came from me...im guessing weekend update. Like they did with some Pre updates.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I meant someone will read what you said and run with it.

All in good fun.
This update is now delayed and the official news is on the front page of AC... sorry guys.

Still glad I sold mine and now rockin the Epic.:cool:

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

This update is now delayed and the official news is on the front page of AC... sorry guys.

Still glad I sold mine and now rockin the Epic.:cool:

You won't be when ICS comes out.....

I came from the Epic and was LUCKY ENOUGH to find someone to trade (plus cash). I could never go back to the Epic.....the only thing I miss is the Camera button and HD recording out of the box (which the Nexus does fine enough for me anyway).

What I DON'T MISS is slow updates, ridiculous bugs due to Samsung and Sprint bloatware, a FLIMSY keyboard that never worked (or you had to root and hack to get to work)....the list goes goes on. That's not to say the Nexus S is PERFECT, but I know that I'll have a better chance of these bugs being fixed FASTER than other devices....

Not taking away from the Epic though....I still love that phone (thought it was the best in the world), and if the Nexus S hadn't come out I'd still have mine (until the next Galaxy version came to Sprint)....I just could never see myself EVER going back to anything other than stock Android on a Nexus device....

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Gross, who is happy about trading a nexus for an epic. I came from the epic and problems with the nexus don't even come close to all the problems I had with the epic. If this device never got updated it would still be a hell of a lot better than the epic. Disgusting.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Gross, who is happy about trading a nexus for an epic. I came from the epic and problems with the nexus don't even come close to all the problems I had with the epic. If this device never got updated it would still be a hell of a lot better than the epic. Disgusting.

"gross"?
"disgusting"?

odd words to use. :-\

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I meant someone will read what you said and run with it.

All in good fun.

No worries..misread my bad.

Well i hope they run with it and someone at sprint may mistake for news form upstairs and deploy the update haha wishful thinking

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
"gross"?
"disgusting"?

odd words to use. :-\

Its a gross phone. All wobbly and buggy. And it's disgusting how updates are handled by Samsung. Here you go. 2.2. Whoops. No give it back. Here is the new one. But you need 2.1 to update so if you got the messed up 2.2 we sent you your out of luck.

See. That's disgusting. Lol.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Its a gross phone. All wobbly and buggy. And it's disgusting how updates are handled by Samsung. Here you go. 2.2. Whoops. No give it back. Here is the new one. But you need 2.1 to update so if you got the messed up 2.2 we sent you your out of luck.

See. That's disgusting. Lol.

It is a little gross. Lol :)