08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Oh no thank you. I rather have OTA updates. RIM/Apple updates or horrible. Specially when it comes out first few days impossible to download then u have to connect your phone to computer and update it. Very annoying and so *** backwards
    07-13-2011 06:03 PM
    Tech support, and a few other sources are claiming no later then Sunday the 17th for this update. That's what Google has told them, that they found an issue and are fixing it. Someone in the comments at Sprint feed was also told the same thing.

http://www.sprintfeed.com/2011/07/ne...pdate-delayed/
    07-13-2011 06:11 PM
    Oh no thank you. I rather have OTA updates. RIM/Apple updates or horrible. Specially when it comes out first few days impossible to download then u have to connect your phone to computer and update it. Very annoying and so *** backwards
    Why not have all forms of update. This way everyone can pick what they like the best. Android is choice. And, thus, making it easier for everyone to get updates in a timely fashion since everyone has a different choice.
    07-13-2011 06:17 PM
    Still having sync issues with Google....anybody else?
    07-13-2011 06:40 PM
    i have so many theories about the end i have no clue what is right. thats one reason i love the movie.
    There is no right. That was kinda the idea of the movie. There are a billion and one possibilities.
    07-13-2011 08:07 PM
    Just in case anybody's wondering. Here's some clarification on the update from the Sprint forums....

Hello!
    Sorry about the problems. There is an update planned for the phone, but we don't have a date for release for it yet. It is pretty rare for these sort of updates to be announced by Sprint, especially more so with the Nexus series as they are almost entirely controlled by Google. Even if we do provide a radio software update to Google that does not mean that Google will immediately push that down.

In terms of what we as tech knows, unfortunately unless a specific bit of information has been officially released by Sprint, we can't confirm or provide said information. Even if there are pictures of whatever it is, sealed and notarized as authentic, we still can't comment on it.

Sprint Community: Nexus S 4G update question
    07-13-2011 09:08 PM
    Just in case anybody's wondering. Here's some clarification on the update from the Sprint forums....

Hello!
    Sorry about the problems. There is an update planned for the phone, but we don't have a date for release for it yet. It is pretty rare for these sort of updates to be announced by Sprint, especially more so with the Nexus series as they are almost entirely controlled by Google. Even if we do provide a radio software update to Google that does not mean that Google will immediately push that down.

In terms of what we as tech knows, unfortunately unless a specific bit of information has been officially released by Sprint, we can't confirm or provide said information. Even if there are pictures of whatever it is, sealed and notarized as authentic, we still can't comment on it.

Sprint Community: Nexus S 4G update question
    This is pretty much the only official information that we will get on this update until it's actually out. Sprint forum reps (and neither are Sprint workers in stores) are not allowed to say anything or they will lose their jobs. It's pretty much a sort of NDA. If you're told something, consider yourself special because the person is putting their job on the line for you.

The update exists, the update is coming. No one is allowed to say when, no one is allowed to say what it has. This means that every single thing you hear aside from "it's coming!" is a rumor.
    07-13-2011 09:26 PM
    This is pretty much the only official information that we will get on this update until it's actually out. Sprint forum reps (and neither are Sprint workers in stores) are not allowed to say anything or they will lose their jobs. It's pretty much a sort of NDA. If you're told something, consider yourself special because the person is putting their job on the line for you.

The update exists, the update is coming. No one is allowed to say when, no one is allowed to say what it has. This means that every single thing you hear aside from "it's coming!" is a rumor.
    Exactly. This should clear up a lot of questions about why things are handled the way they are.
    07-13-2011 09:29 PM

As an employee, I can second that...I throw no speculation because no one has authorized or said, or even confirmed anything out of my office...from the start when these issues were reported and even by myself...we were told...its being looked into...haven't had time to check internal forums for any other info
    Regarding this speculated update
    07-13-2011 10:15 PM
    07-13-2011 10:56 PM
    Never been a fan of Kendrick. He spews a lot of misinformation. No offense to the guy. But he should really change his article title. The update was never cancelled. It was delayed.. Two way different words!

Him saying this in the summary
    "The flaky Android update system has resulted in the postponement of the update for the Sprint Nexus S 4G. Even Google’s flagship Android phone isn’t safe from the awful update process."

Just so everyone is aware he hates Android, and has never been a fan of it. When has the update system been flaky? To me it seems Google noticed a issue, and wanted it fixed first. I would rather have a stable ROM, rather then getting it quicker and being buggy. But I guess that is just me.
    wordweaver likes this.
    07-13-2011 11:01 PM
    Never been a fan of Kendrick. He spews a lot of misinformation. No offense to the guy. But he should really change his article title. The update was never cancelled. It was delayed.. Two way different words!

Him saying this in the summary
    "The flaky Android update system has resulted in the postponement of the update for the Sprint Nexus S 4G. Even Googles flagship Android phone isnt safe from the awful update process."

Just so everyone is aware he hates Android, and has never been a fan of it.
    thanks for the clarification on his bias. i just googled 'nexus s update' and found that article. i'm thirsty for info!
    07-13-2011 11:03 PM
    As an employee, I can second that...I throw no speculation because no one has authorized or said, or even confirmed anything out of my office...from the start when these issues were reported and even by myself...we were told...its being looked into...haven't had time to check internal forums for any other info
    Regarding this speculated update
    Are you a employee in a store? Nothing usually is givin to you guys on this type of information. I have many friends, and some family who work for Sprint in stores, and none of them ever get update information like this. They don't know until the day of. The documents were leaked, and Sprint Feed has always been spot on with the leaks. A few Google employees confirmed they found some bugs and wanted those fixed before release. Again I applaud them for finding them before it releases to us.
    07-13-2011 11:07 PM
    Wow...that guy is an absolutely horrible writer. He has no clue what he's talking about and it's pretty sad that people will think he's right.

Once again people, the update was not cancelled and is still coming as confirmed by Sprint on their very own forums.
    07-13-2011 11:14 PM
    They better do something soon. these signal issues are getting ridiculous.
    07-14-2011 01:54 AM
    They better do something soon. these signal issues are getting ridiculous.
    Really though. This phone is a beast. I love it. The only two things that annoy me is that I live on the tip of a 4g area/mediocre coverage area. Its weird but 4g actually works on our street (my neighbor has an evo 3d and my friend at the end of the block has a evo shift 4g) and they both get a stable 4g connection in their houses. We are a ways from where the 4g is suppose to trail off but it works well by us (about a mile from the freeway in Northern Sacramento midway between downtown and the airport.) I am upstairs in my house and I can't get it to remain stable, it jumps in and out. But then on the Wifi front, my roommate and I have the router downstairs and on my palm pre I used to get about half signal or a bit better to my room, enough to run fine. Now I barely get bar/cuts back to 3g. Most of the time I dont notice the transition if I am on Pandora or Twitter posting. But especially when I do an upload or something that takes more than a quick or low burst of data I get the errors or a retrying connection. Its my only issue. If they update and fix it just to improve it if only by a little, I would hands down say this is the best phone I have owned. Oh and the Evo 3d's wifi sucks. The 3g/4g works pretty well but wifi was worse than mine. He brought his phone over to do some comparisons and he could barely get a bar of strength. But his 3g/4g worked flawless so I guess thats what counts haha
    07-14-2011 10:39 AM
    With the price dropping to $99, you think they would get this update out... I'm sure they will get some new Nexus users over the weekend now!
    07-14-2011 02:09 PM
    New rumor is July 18th. Same source as last time, so take it for what you will.

[Rumor] Delayed Nexus S 4G Update Happening on July 18th Sprintfeed
    07-14-2011 02:19 PM
    This is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there a chance that the update got pushed to some users and then pulled back because of issues? In the last two days, I have had a battery life icon pop up in the top right hand corner of my screen that was not there before. And now I am having all kinds of connectivity problems. I have installed no new apps and haven't updated anything either. I can't even get a 3G signal now. Just a radio signal. Not sure what is going on. Best phone I have ever owned, just frustrated right now and don't want to have to do a hard reset if I don't have to.
    07-14-2011 03:10 PM
    This is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there a chance that the update got pushed to some users and then pulled back because of issues? In the last two days, I have had a battery life icon pop up in the top right hand corner of my screen that was not there before. And now I am having all kinds of connectivity problems. I have installed no new apps and haven't updated anything either. I can't even get a 3G signal now. Just a radio signal. Not sure what is going on. Best phone I have ever owned, just frustrated right now and don't want to have to do a hard reset if I don't have to.
    @bbkoach - make sure you check the Mobile Network Settings in Wireless & Networks and confirm the Data Enabled box is checked. For whatever reason the Data Enabled box gets unchecked on my phone for no apparent reason.
    07-14-2011 03:43 PM

Well, didn't happen this week, we'll just keep bumping the rumor out a week until it comes.
    07-14-2011 03:47 PM

Makes sense. Hopefully it does come out next week.
    07-14-2011 03:48 PM
    Are you a employee in a store? Nothing usually is givin to you guys on this type of information. I have many friends, and some family who work for Sprint in stores, and none of them ever get update information like this. They don't know until the day of. The documents were leaked, and Sprint Feed has always been spot on with the leaks. A few Google employees confirmed they found some bugs and wanted those fixed before release. Again I applaud them for finding them before it releases to us.
    No I am not in a store...and I am not tech or care...and I have heard absolutely not a peep...but I am confident that Sprint will address this issue...although frustrated like the rest of you all...I stand by this product
    07-14-2011 04:54 PM
    Well, didn't happen this week, we'll just keep bumping the rumor out a week until it comes.
    Well it needs to happen.
    The new App Store says that the Google Video Player is not compatible with the Google Nexus S.

Looks a little stupid on their part if a Google Phone cannot run Google products, so I guess they need to update soon
    07-15-2011 12:42 AM
    When and update gets pushed, you get a popup notification, you have to agree to the download, and once again agree to install. The chances of such an OTA update being "covertly" installed without your knowledge or approval is basically zero.
    07-15-2011 12:50 AM
960 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD