08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Well it needs to happen.
    The new App Store says that the Google Video Player is not compatible with the Google Nexus S.

Looks a little stupid on their part if a Google Phone cannot run Google products, so I guess they need to update soon
    The videos show it running on the Nexus S. Where did you get this info?
    07-15-2011 04:24 AM
    Well it needs to happen.
    The new App Store says that the Google Video Player is not compatible with the Google Nexus S.

Looks a little stupid on their part if a Google Phone cannot run Google products, so I guess they need to update soon
    If you are rooted I don't believe it works.
    07-15-2011 03:29 PM
    ******* Rumor from pocketnow.com *********

The Sprint Nexus S 4G should have received an update on July 11 but it unfortunately didn't happen. It should have brought 4G fixes, tweaks, and full support for the smartphone's secure NFC transceiver and we also learned that it might as well be a new version of Android 2.3.5. According to rumors, the update was not cancelled but just delayed. If the information turns out to be true, July 18 is the date to circle in your calendar for the Nexus S 4G update -- but careful though, we already circled July 11 and that didn't happen
    07-15-2011 03:46 PM
    It's not a rumor that it wasn't cancelled, Sprint representatives confirmed that it exists and it is coming. It just got delayed for whatever reason. They did not say when it would finally be released.

July 18th is a rumor and I wouldn't hold my breath about it.
    07-15-2011 04:01 PM

July 18th is a rumor and I wouldn't hold my breath about it.
    quoted for future shame
    07-15-2011 04:12 PM
    The videos show it running on the Nexus S. Where did you get this info?
    I tried an update on Android Market, and it said the program is not compatible with my device.
    07-15-2011 04:53 PM
    quoted for future shame
    Are you quoting me in case I'm wrong? :P I don't care if I'm wrong. XD

I hope I am cause I'd like to see how Nexus S updates as I've never gotten an OTA update on a phone before. :P
    07-15-2011 05:38 PM
    I tried an update on Android Market, and it said the program is not compatible with my device.

It may not be working yet
    07-16-2011 02:14 AM
    So is it possible we could see updates rolling out after midnight tonight???
    07-17-2011 04:59 PM
    So is it possible we could see updates rolling out after midnight tonight???
    I doubt it. Maybe sometime tomorrow afternoon.
    07-17-2011 05:00 PM
    after what happened last time, i wouldn't get my hopes up
    07-17-2011 05:29 PM
    after what happened last time, i wouldn't get my hopes up
    What happened last time?

A rumored update that was never officially announced didn't roll out on the rumored date?

Oh.
    07-17-2011 05:55 PM
    What happened last time?

A rumored update that was never officially announced didn't roll out on the rumored date?

Oh.
    And it looks like we are in the same boat now.
    07-17-2011 06:01 PM
    Except it's not even the rumored day yet.
    07-17-2011 06:02 PM
    What happened last time?

Oh.
    exactly 37 pages the first time, this thread will be epic if it happens again.
    07-17-2011 06:10 PM
    This thread could go on and on for a while if these rumors don't materialize.
    07-17-2011 06:21 PM
    What happened last time?

Oh.
    Except it's been officially mentioned by Sprint and the only thing that's rumored is the date this time around.
    07-17-2011 07:02 PM
    Sprint never publicly put a date out there.
    07-17-2011 07:07 PM
    Yes, that's why it's a rumor. The only thing Sprint representatives on the Sprint forums confirmed is that the update exists, it got delayed, and it's going to actually release at a later date.

I'm not sure why people think it'll be tomorrow, really. That just seems to be desperation talking rather than using actual facts about previous Sprint updates or anything.
    07-17-2011 07:11 PM
    Sprint never publicly put a date out there.
    Yes they did. The document was from Sprint internal systems. Then Sprint came out and confirmed that was the date, but was delayed for unknown reasons. Do the research.. I did a column on the update and did extensive research with my sources. What some of you don't seem to understand is that these updates are usually never spoken to the public or announced with confirmed dates. The way we all find out about them is leaks. Look back into history on these incremental updates across all Android devices, and tell me which ones had confirmed dates from Sprint when they were coming. When I mean confirmed.. I mean CONFIRMED!

The new documents within their systems confirm a 18th release for both the Nexus S and Replenish devices.
    chud likes this.
    07-17-2011 07:55 PM
    Yes they did. The document was from Sprint internal systems. Then Sprint came out and confirmed that was the date, but was delayed for unknown reasons. Do the research.. I did a column on the update and did extensive research with my sources. What some of you don't seem to understand is that these updates are usually never spoken to the public or announced with confirmed dates. The way we all find out about them is leaks. Look back into history on these incremental updates across all Android devices, and tell me which ones had confirmed dates from Sprint when they were coming. When I mean confirmed.. I mean CONFIRMED!

The new documents within their systems confirm a 18th release for both the Nexus S and Replenish devices.
    well i hope your right and this pans out just for everyone's sanity
    07-17-2011 08:05 PM
    getting this phone tomorrow to replace my Pre. Seems to be the same day as the fix update is coming out. How convientient.
    07-17-2011 09:10 PM
    getting this phone tomorrow to replace my Pre. Seems to be the same day as the fix update is coming out. How convientient.
    There's no guarantee that you WILL have the update tomorrow. If the first rumor is to be believed, then only 5% of Nexus S 4G owners will see an update, then 10% then so on until everyone has it.
    07-17-2011 09:17 PM

You typed all that out only to support what I said.

Thank you.
    07-17-2011 09:37 PM

I'm sorry but where did u see leaked internal documents that say the 18th for the nexus
    07-17-2011 10:14 PM
960 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD