08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    The words sale and Craigslist are looking even better.
    07-19-2011 04:02 AM
    The words sale and Craigslist are looking even better.
    kloveyoubye!
    07-19-2011 07:13 AM
    :P That's why no one should listen to anyone who claims to have "sources" and a date.

The update's coming, that's all we really need to know at this point. Listening to rumors isn't going to do anything but get people's hopes up and ultimately some may leave the phone for something else, incorrectly thinking that Nexus doesn't get updates on time.
    Wait, isn't the update coming from a source; and rumor? And we always know there is an update coming. We just never know when. There are always updates for Android. :-P
    07-19-2011 10:56 AM
    Some one, please ease my mind her, lol. My Tmobile contract is up the weekend and i'm going to sprint(don't want to end up with att). I realize that i'll have the 30day test drive, but i'm apprehensive about purchasing a NS4G knowing there will be a 'potential' problem with reception. The poll taken here says about 75% have some sort of perceived reception issue. That seems really high to me, maybe cause it was mainly those with the problem are the ones that voted, and the owners with out a problem are quiet?? I do like the look, feel and how quickly it runs, but i might have to go with the EVO4G instead.
    07-19-2011 12:04 PM
    Some one, please ease my mind her, lol. My Tmobile contract is up the weekend and i'm going to sprint(don't want to end up with att). I realize that i'll have the 30day test drive, but i'm apprehensive about purchasing a NS4G knowing there will be a 'potential' problem with reception. The poll taken here says about 75% have some sort of perceived reception issue. That seems really high to me, maybe cause it was mainly those with the problem are the ones that voted, and the owners with out a problem are quiet?? I do like the look, feel and how quickly it runs, but i might have to go with the EVO4G instead.
    I wouldn't really trust a poll here. I just got one and have absolutely no issues
    MasterShultz likes this.
    07-19-2011 12:10 PM
    I wouldn't really trust a poll here. I just got one and have absolutely no issues
    Ditto. I guess we're lucky. My only issue was the low volume, but that's been fixed by a Market app.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.
    MasterShultz likes this.
    07-19-2011 12:13 PM
    Agreed.

No issues here either. There are just too many variables to get an accurate cross section.

If I were the OP, I would PERSONALLY give it a try on Sprint. If it works in his area then great. If not, then Sprint has one of the best Android selections right now and it's only going to get better in the upcoming months.
    MasterShultz likes this.
    07-19-2011 12:14 PM
    I don't know exactly what you want to hear that may ease up your mind about the NS4G... take it out for the 30-day trial, if you experience problems, exchange it for the EVO. Don't understand why this has to be so complicated.
    07-19-2011 12:15 PM
    I don't know exactly what you want to hear that may ease up your mind about the NS4G... take it out for the 30-day trial, if you experience problems, exchange it for the EVO. Don't understand why this has to be so complicated.
    Not to be a jerk but some of alike to make informed decision based on real people. Plus he can only exchange it once and with the photon and possibly the sgs2 coming soon he is trying.g to marrow it down. At least that is what I would be doing...but I started with the nexus and am still keeping my eye oout
    MasterShultz likes this.
    07-19-2011 12:41 PM
    From the epic I would never get the SGS2. The Photon maybe. But I love the Nexus and would never get any non pure google phone again. Yes, I can root. CM7, etc. I'm lazy and don't want to be bothered.
    07-19-2011 01:14 PM
    Ditto. I guess we're lucky. My only issue was the low volume, but that's been fixed by a Market app.

What app was that?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-19-2011 01:44 PM
    What app was that?

I have Volume+ which gives you some audio enhancement features as well. I don't remember how much it was but it wasn't very expensive.
    07-19-2011 02:07 PM
    What app was that?

Volume + / I believe it's only $1. 99 on the Android Market.

07-19-2011 02:13 PM
    The Nexus has signal issues, yes, but it is not pertinent to every person's phone. It really varies. With that being said, I am looking forward to the update because it is going to increase 4G speeds for me, which have been paltry at best compared to the EVO 4G.

I LOVE YOU NEXUS
    07-19-2011 03:22 PM
    Why can't this thread just die already, lol.This is all your fault, you know this chud.
    07-19-2011 03:51 PM
    Totally.

But look how many views it has! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    07-19-2011 03:54 PM
    Totally.

But look how many views it has! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    L O L! Not even enough to make 5k from Youtube.
    07-19-2011 03:57 PM
    I have Volume+ which gives you some audio enhancement features as well. I don't remember how much it was but it wasn't very expensive.
    The Nexus S has one of the best sound systems in mobile phones thanks to the Wolfson DAC (it's the same as in the Galaxy S and Samsung Wave.

However, the driver that Samsung put in doesn't show it's full potential. You'll have to either root it and use an app like Voodoo Control Plus to take advantage OR use Equalizer (no root required). Equalizer will embed itself in Google Music (and other music-based apps) to add the ability to take advantage of the Wolfson chip.
    07-19-2011 04:01 PM
    The Nexus S has one of the best sound systems in mobile phones thanks to the Wolfson DAC (it's the same as in the Galaxy S and Samsung Wave.

However, the driver that Samsung put in doesn't show it's full potential. You'll have to either root it and use an app like Voodoo Control Plus to take advantage OR use Equalizer (no root required). Equalizer will embed itself in Google Music (and other music-based apps) to add the ability to take advantage of the Wolfson chip.
    Equalizer is nice. It runs in the background and effects all sounds played through the phone. Thumbs Up.
    07-19-2011 04:06 PM
    ...Why does the Nexus S 4G look for SIM contacts if you dial 42#? I accidentally dialed that and it started looking for a SIM card.
    07-19-2011 04:09 PM
    ...Why does the Nexus S 4G look for SIM contacts if you dial 42#? I accidentally dialed that and it started looking for a SIM card.
    I'm assuming it's the same software as the other nexus; and, all Android phones run off this and some may have sim cards. Hence why SD card is scanned but tricked into looking at the flash memory?
    07-19-2011 04:20 PM
    Equalizer is nice. It runs in the background and effects all sounds played through the phone. Thumbs Up.
    Equalizer does look nice but I think I'm sticking with PowerAMP + VoodooSound.
    07-19-2011 04:42 PM
    Does anyone know if this is an older baseband and build than what we are using now? I took this picture at Sprint store.

Sorry its sideways...
    07-19-2011 06:26 PM
    The baseband in the picture seems to be D720SPRKC9. Im currently running D720SPRKD8 on my Nexus.
    07-19-2011 06:33 PM
    The baseband in the picture seems to be D720SPRKC9. Im currently running D720SPRKD8 on my Nexus.
    I will say that it had one more bar of signal than my phone...I think it was in the 65's if I recall...where I was like 80 something.
    07-19-2011 06:35 PM
960 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD