[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

Sources or not, there is no official date of July 18th.

To repeat, the ONLY thing that is official is that the update exists and that it's coming. Yes, it was going to come out on July 11th, but it didn't. No one knows why and no one will tell you why if they want to continue working for Sprint or Google.

Those who have had problems on their Nexus S 4G and have still kept the phone have been waiting since May 8th, you can't tell me that a possible two week wait will hurt you. You've already waited two months.

I will repeat again, most Android devices never get official release dates for updates. Do some research and look back into device history.

Here is what a Sprint employee on the forums mentioned. That was wrote on the 13th, but notice how he says the same thing. Updates are rarely confirmed or given official dates.

"Hello!
Sorry about the problems. There is an update planned for the phone, but we don't have a date for release for it yet. It is pretty rare for these sort of updates to be announced by Sprint, especially more so with the Nexus series as they are almost entirely controlled by Google. Even if we do provide a radio software update to Google that does not mean that Google will immediately push that down.

In terms of what we as tech knows, unfortunately unless a specific bit of information has been officially released by Sprint, we can't confirm or provide said information. Even if there are pictures of whatever it is, sealed and notarized as authentic, we still can't comment on it."

Last edited:

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I will repeat again, most Android devices never get official release dates for updates. Do some research and look back into device history.

Here is what a Sprint employee on the forums mentioned. That was wrote on the 13th, but notice how he says the same thing. Updates are rarely confirmed or given official dates.

"Hello!
Sorry about the problems. There is an update planned for the phone, but we don't have a date for release for it yet. It is pretty rare for these sort of updates to be announced by Sprint, especially more so with the Nexus series as they are almost entirely controlled by Google. Even if we do provide a radio software update to Google that does not mean that Google will immediately push that down.

In terms of what we as tech knows, unfortunately unless a specific bit of information has been officially released by Sprint, we can't confirm or provide said information. Even if there are pictures of whatever it is, sealed and notarized as authentic, we still can't comment on it."
We all read that, but what's that have to do with your so-called "sources"?

You pretty much just outed yourself as lying because Sprint wouldn't have any internal documents on this if they themselves don't know. You would have to have Google's internal documents and I highly doubt that as you've already contradicted yourself.

Also, there have been many Android-based phones that have been given official updates by the manufacturers. However, some manufacturers such as Samsung break these dates (or outright ignore them).

At this point, claiming that tomorrow (technically today) is nothing more than a desperate attempt to get an update to fix a few broken phones. If today doesn't produce an update (and there is nothing saying that it will), then we'll just hear that NEXT Monday will get it and so on until it actually comes.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

You pretty much just outed yourself as lying because Sprint wouldn't have any internal documents on this if they themselves don't know. You would have to have Google's internal documents and I highly doubt that as you've already contradicted yourself.

Also, there have been many Android-based phones that have been given official updates by the manufacturers. However, some manufacturers such as Samsung break these dates (or outright ignore them).

At this point, claiming that tomorrow (technically today) is nothing more than a desperate attempt to get an update to fix a few broken phones. If today doesn't produce an update (and there is nothing saying that it will), then we'll just hear that NEXT Monday will get it and so on until it actually comes.

You have anger issues... Are you going to replace Jack Nicholson in Anger Management 2? The phone had "RUMORED" dates to be updated. Those dates being July 11th and July 18th. Both dates came from credible sources so is it really something to argue about??? If you are having a bad day then okay take it somewhere else, but we don't need it in here!

Reactions: splmonster

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

In case you don't see my sig, I have my own blog. I have my sources for that reason. Sprint tech's, customer service and other employees will not know this info, usually until the day of or day before. So no i'm not lying, and i'm contradicting myself. You didn't comprehend what was posted. I was saying that they will not release this info to the public. Meaning no official confirmation on any of it for the consumer. That was my intention with posting that. It has been like this across almost the entire smartphone world. We never usually get official confirmation of an update and when it will be released.

What we get is almost always leaked, rumored or way out in left field. The best we have got in the past is a rough area of release. Like Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 and so fourth. That's just the way it is.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

You have anger issues... Are you going to replace Jack Nicholson in Anger Management 2? The phone had "RUMORED" dates to be updated. Those dates being July 11th and July 18th. Both dates came from credible sources so is it really something to argue about??? If you are having a bad day then okay take it somewhere else, but we don't need it in here!

If you call using common sense "anger issues", then what do you call actual anger issues?

The fact is that no one knows the date, it's just a rumor. Credible or not, it's nothing more than a rumor that's just a guess on someone else's part.

There's no argument here, I'm not really sure how you see one.

Another thing, about that "credible source", they don't even take much stock in this rumor:

After a Nexus S 4G update dated for July 11th missed the bus. We were all left wondering what happened? We later found out that the update was set to happen, but was postponed for reasons unknown. Some blamed Google, some blamed Sprint, but everybody was feeling blue about missing the update. After a bit of digging we received word from a couple of sources that the update is on the agenda for next week. One chap even gave us a date of July 18th. Now considering how things didn’t go down last time, we definitely won’t hold our breath on this. However a one week delay to iron out a few wrinkles doesn’t sound impossible. We don’t know about you, but we’ll be checking and refreshing for an update starting Monday morning.

http://www.sprintfeed.com/2011/07/rumor-delayed-nexus-s-4g-update-happening-on-july-18th/

In case you don't see my sig, I have my own blog. I have my sources for that reason. Sprint tech's, customer service and other employees will not know this info, usually until the day of or day before. So no i'm not lying, and i'm contradicting myself. You didn't comprehend what was posted. I was saying that they will not release this info to the public. Meaning no official confirmation on any of it for the consumer. That was my intention with posting that. It has been like this across almost the entire smartphone world. We never usually get official confirmation of an update and when it will be released.

What we get is almost always leaked, rumored or way out in left field. The best we have got in the past is a rough area of release. Like Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 and so fourth. That's just the way it is.

I don't care about your blog or your signature. You're also the public, no matter what you'd like to believe, which means you also don't know the answer as to when the update is coming and nor do your so-called "sources".

No, it's not "just the way it is". If you check places such as Twitter and Facebook, companies give out exact dates all the time.

Last edited:

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Take a deep breath now...

From Archos With Love

cjitty

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

wooo sahhh....woooo sahhhh Lets keep it light so this thread doesnt get shut down because this is an important topic that will benefit ALL of us.

I just got mine a few days ago and i don't seem to have wifi radio or signal tower issues. I am on the gulf coast MS/LA area and I get three bars in small towns and got 4 bars in New Orleans this wknd. I am also at a hotel in MS with horrible wifi access points, but never dropped a wifi connection and would average one or two wifi bars. I tested my nexus s with my palm pre hotspot and left the room and I got full wifi signal from my phone 1/2 way down the hotel hallway. Not bad. Maybe I got lucky, but I do have the dreaded back button flicker.

I do get complaints when on speakerphone, but this update should make the phone even better because I love it already!!!

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Not worth it man....lets move and HOPE today (the 18th) is the day WE all get better Wifi and cellular signal.

For the record I hear what you are saying :) Im a tech and we do the same thing here at university I work at for software and hardware rollouts. You cant give dates cause then people hold you to it and one does not give time to work out issues that my arise.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't see how Ryuuie is coming across as angry.

And splmonster's blog is nothing more than an aggregate site, where his "sources" seem to be established tech sites that actually release exclusive information.

Oh, and the Android Market where he gets the breaking news on app updates.

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, but is this update supposed to help the 4G also? Mine randomly drops signal all the time.

Thanks!

Edit: nevermind. Found the answer. It appears like this is one of the main improvements of the update.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

And splmonster's blog is nothing more than an aggregate site, where his "sources" seem to be established tech sites that actually release exclusive information.

Sprint Community: Nexus S 4G update question

There you all go. Sprint employee verified the update and said it was delayed. When I worked for Apple it was the same way. Apple wording would be "We are working on a fix" and deny all leaked docs and SPECIFIC dates.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Well who knows when this update will roll out officially now. I will be glad to see how this will affect what is already great service for me in my area.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

And splmonster's blog is nothing more than an aggregate site, where his "sources I" seem to be established tech sites that actually release exclusive information.

I have my own dedicated sources. Just so your aware. So don't assume your correct when your not.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I have my own dedicated sources. Just so your aware. So don't assume your correct when your not.
You've contributed nothing of value in here so either you don't have any sources outside of what's readily available to the rest of us, or your sources are terrible and don't provide you with any groundbreaking exclusives.

Either way, good luck with the "blog."

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I may be contradicting what I said about six or seven weeks ago with regards to anticipating a fix, but now I'm sort of wishing we'd never heard about a specific impending update. This entire thread, if represented in physical form, would be a giant bundle of nerves sheathed in a very thin skin.

It's out there, guys. Isn't that enough? Do you folks really think for a second they'll retract it, stick their tongues out and say "fooled ya'! no updates for you!" ? I'm not saying I don't care about getting it...only that I don't really see any real point in this debate about leaks or official dates.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
You've contributed nothing of value in here so either you don't have any sources outside of what's readily available to the rest of us, or your sources are terrible and don't provide you with any groundbreaking exclusives.

Either way, good luck with the "blog."

No need for disrespect... Btw my sources are claiming same information as what has already been posted. So no point point in re posting the same thing.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

YOUR ALL DOUCHES FOR MAKING ME BELIEVE A RUMOR OF A RUMOR FOR A RUMOR WAS DELAYED AND RUMORED TO BE TODAY! I want my life back!

JK. Everyone is getting so mad, lol.

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

YOUR ALL DOUCHES FOR MAKING ME BELIEVE A RUMOR OF A RUMOR FOR A RUMOR WAS DELAYED AND RUMORED TO BE TODAY! I want my life back!

JK. Everyone is getting so mad, lol.

HAHAHA....nah no way im not mad....i didnt have it before, i dont have it now nothing has changed :)

Yah some people are getting bent way out of shape when others post additional info about the rumor..i dont get it either just move on. I personally welcome more insight into it. its 11:15 no about day is not over. My wifi signal show 3 radio signals at most never seen it past that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae