08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    But but but... my grandpaw's uncle's friend bob who had a cousin who works at Denny's said that his friend who is a professional wrestler said that he knows a guy who knows a guy who's dog had an epileptic fit and simultaneously predicted (in perfect Mandarin) that there would be an update!

We got ripped off!!!!! Someone needs to kill that dog!
    SMH&LMFHO
    07-20-2011 10:17 AM
    There are plenty of people who are happy with them. I am happy with mine, save for the connection problems. Some people have suggested it's a problem with the towers, which is certainly possible; the Sprint location where I bought mine (and had it replaced) has told me they steer people away from it because almost half of the NS4Gs they've sold have come back.

I'm nor sure that it is tower related, though. I got a femtocell from Sprint, and I get good signal strength. Where my problem arises is that it periodically just drops everything. I look at the indicators and they will go from solid green to solid white, showing that the signal available is strong, but that it isn't connected. Something -- software? hardware? -- is breaking the connection for 3-5 seconds.

I'm holding out hope for a fix somewhere down the line. Until then, I make do with a lot of voice mail, and use my Cr-48 instead of my phone for data.
    07-20-2011 10:34 AM
    Shouldn't some of you be on decaf from now on...
    07-20-2011 11:46 AM
    Why is narcassism (O, sorry I copy and pasted: narcissism) the word of choice for this thread? Did I miss a game we were playing?
    07-20-2011 11:48 AM
    HEY MAN! If you don't like Vanilla go get some Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water with some Sense and then flash over some Vanilla CM7 and realize your Wifi doesn't work. Then get mad at that guy
    Hey, who said that?
    07-20-2011 11:50 AM
    Just like you're considering how people with no problems just don't have time to not complain or just don't visit tech sites. nobody is saying there is no issue but saying that this is an issue that a majority of owners have is not true in any reality. This bickering is ridiculous. Yes there is an issue for some. A fix and update it's in the works those are the only two facts we have.
    Actually no. Since there already have been a significant number of complaints, my point is already satisfied. However, for emphasis, I added that there are likely even more people with problems that have not taken the time to go find/post on forums or still others who live near towers and cannot recognize the problem. Whether or not you, or some others here, accept this addition does not change the fact - I am not sure what is so hard to admit or why the need to argue about it.
    07-20-2011 11:50 AM
    Why is narcassism (O, sorry I copy and pasted: narcissism) the word of choice for this thread? Did I miss a game we were playing?
    What a narcassist... it has to be your word or none at all...
    07-20-2011 11:52 AM
    Actually no. Since there already have been a significant number of complaints, my point is already satisfied. However, for emphasis, I added that there are likely even more people with problems that have not taken the time to go find/post on forums or still others who live near towers and cannot recognize the problem.

In the end, there is a problem that is affecting a significant number of people - I am not sure what is so hard to admit or why the need to argue about it. Wow. It is possible for a significant number of people to have a problem and some either not have the problem or not notice the problem.
    Just give it up man. If you want to have a civil argument here your going to get shut down. People will argue with you till you die. If Android was a religion we'd have holy wars. Not one person here who warships Google is going to admit that anyone else with this phone is having a problem.

So with that said you might as well just suicide bomb us. Missing of course.
    07-20-2011 11:54 AM
    What a narcassist... it has to be your word or none at all...
    07-20-2011 11:55 AM
    Just give it up man. If you want to have a civil argument here your going to get shut down. People will argue with you till you die. If Android was a religion we'd have holy wars. Not one person here who warships Google is going to admit that anyone else with this phone is having a problem.

So with that said you might as well just suicide bomb us. Missing of course.
    Really, give it up because you disagree? Bah, you should give it up - whatever 'it' is. Lol, and after you state 'give it up,' you post another comment. So in other words, those you disagree with should 'give it up' while you continue, hmmm.
    07-20-2011 12:07 PM
    07-20-2011 12:08 PM
    Really, give it up because out disagree? Bah, you should give it up - whatever 'it's is. Lol, and after you state 'give it up,' you post another comment. So in other words, those you disagree with should 'give it up' while you continue, hmmm.
    My posts have nothing to do with Android or the Nexus S 4g at this point.
    07-20-2011 12:08 PM
    Ahh, you just jumped in.
    07-20-2011 12:11 PM
    Ahh, you just jumped in.
    Narcissist!
    07-20-2011 12:13 PM
    Narcissist!
    Another one? Where???
    07-20-2011 12:19 PM
    Another one? Where???
    HERE I FOUND HIM!

07-20-2011 12:22 PM
    I don't know about the rest of you jokers. But i'm getting paid by the hour to read this argument and thread. :-D

The update will come, the update will fix the problems for users. There still will be users that have problems. It is the nature of the beast. Stop kicking a dead horse and move on people.
    07-20-2011 12:29 PM
    I don't know about the rest of you jokers. But i'm getting paid by the hour to read this argument and thread. :-D

The update will come, the update will fix the problems for users. There still will be users that have problems. It is the nature of the beast. Stop kicking a dead horse and move on people.
    Are you getting paid to read them or are you getting paid indirectly to read them? Because either which way I'm technically getting paid to write them.
    07-20-2011 12:36 PM
    lol seriously mates...this "rumored" update is driving all you blokes batty
    07-20-2011 06:45 PM
    If you're posting in this thread, they should.

If anyone wants some off-topic discussion, we have a special forum just for you

Back to the topic at hand folks.
    07-20-2011 09:17 PM
    Yes, please. This is getting silly. Can someone please detail what the update is supposed to fix? And any new functions being added?
    07-20-2011 10:06 PM
    Why don't you go back to the first post on this tread and look at what was posted. There is a pic of the page with the original rumor: that is the only "official" information anyone has about the rumored update.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-20-2011 10:40 PM
    Why don't you go back to the first post on this tread and look at what was posted. There is a pic of the page with the original rumor: that is the only "official" information anyone has about the rumored update.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Actually no, the only official information we have from a Sprint rep on Sprint's own forums is that the update exists and it is still coming. That's all we really know.

They also stated that any photos, videos, or supposed "real" information with so-called "sources" should still be considered a rumor as only Google truly knows what's in the update and when it's coming (not to mention why it was delayed in the first place).

If you choose to pretend that's not official, that's fine, but it's as official as you're going to get.
    07-20-2011 11:47 PM
    I see Gizmodo telling us AT&T is getting the NS next week. Is there any chance there will be an update push to coincide with this release? I guess the radios are different...just thought maybe the NS will get some extra attention... ~shrug~
    07-21-2011 10:31 AM
    21% no signal yesterday. I need this update bad.
    07-21-2011 11:26 AM
960 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD