08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Actually no, the only official information we have from a Sprint rep on Sprint's own forums is that the update exists and it is still coming. That's all we really know.

They also stated that any photos, videos, or supposed "real" information with so-called "sources" should still be considered a rumor as only Google truly knows what's in the update and when it's coming (not to mention why it was delayed in the first place).

If you choose to pretend that's not official, that's fine, but it's as official as you're going to get.
    Man, this is starting to sound like a cult already...

The only official thing we know to date is that there is nothing official anywhere about this update. I do believe we all can agree an update is coming,

I have read the post you continue to referrence and this is not an official statement coming from Sprint (or Google for that mater), is coming from an anonymous Sprint employee and that is all we know.

That post is just as reliable as information I got from a Sprint CS online on July 12 that assured me the update was already rolling out and everyone should get it within 24-hrs. She was also going to "push" it to my phone, but of course she never did. I believe we all know by now how true this "official" piece of intel from an actual Sprint employee turned out.
    chud likes this.
    07-21-2011 01:03 PM
    Never talk about the fight club
    07-21-2011 01:08 PM
    This is turning out to be the best thread ever.
    07-21-2011 01:35 PM
    Entertaining isn't it...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-21-2011 02:17 PM
    21% no signal yesterday. I need this update bad.
    You need to move!

jdizzle316 likes this.
    07-21-2011 02:17 PM
    Are you getting paid to read them or are you getting paid indirectly to read them? Because either which way I'm technically getting paid to write them.
    "getting paid indirectly to read them"

^dat :-D
    07-21-2011 04:03 PM
    Sup guys whats good today? I think we need team 6 on the case.
    07-21-2011 04:15 PM
    Sup guys whats good today? I think we need team 6 on the case.
    lol more like the Avengers the way this is going
    07-21-2011 04:44 PM
    I'm going out on a limb here....I am an employee of the service provider of this product....I have it and have those very same issues the MAJORITY of you folks on this particular thread have reported...Hell, I reported my issues day after I got back to work after playing with the phone all night noticing issues with wi-fi connectivity....

Honestly to tell you the truth, the voice issue is not a problem at all with my device...I do experience slow download speeds at random intervals on 3G throughout the day....WiFi works at my home, but has more frequently stopped operating as it had when I initially got the phone....

I have not taken it back to a service center or even bothered getting an airrave or contacting tech support...no point since I use wifi at home and I have always been happy with that...and for obvious reasons their is some kind of problem.

Yea it has problems...but just from reading about some folks saying they have no issues makes me feel like ok...well, I know I was one of the first to grab one...probably a mistake...but I had to have this device....

Okay...as far as a fix....the "rumored" update that made it around here made me feel dumb...lol...being an "employee" and thinking I was on top of whatever information I could find out about these issues internally made me go back and double check if I missed something...

An internal forum that we use has acknowledged investigation....this was 2 months ago...the thread has grown...but is extremely slow as far as information...

I can tell you this....there was no discussion of any type of update... so I remain skeptical about the original rumor...and no information anywhere stating that this "rumored" update would be released or even if it was delayed...

I am not concerned that me voicing this information could get me in some trouble, because I am not sharing anything....because there is nothing to share unless another employee cares to rebuke or agree with what I am saying....
    clindner and AndroidOne like this.
    07-21-2011 04:58 PM
    I'm going out on a limb here....I am an employee of the service provider of this product....I have it and have those very same issues the MAJORITY of you folks on this particular thread have reported...Hell, I reported my issues day after I got back to work after playing with the phone all night noticing issues with wi-fi connectivity....

Honestly to tell you the truth, the voice issue is not a problem at all with my device...I do experience slow download speeds at random intervals on 3G throughout the day....WiFi works at my home, but has more frequently stopped operating as it had when I initially got the phone....

I have not taken it back to a service center or even bothered getting an airrave or contacting tech support...no point since I use wifi at home and I have always been happy with that...and for obvious reasons their is some kind of problem.

Yea it has problems...but just from reading about some folks saying they have no issues makes me feel like ok...well, I know I was one of the first to grab one...probably a mistake...but I had to have this device....

Okay...as far as a fix....the "rumored" update that made it around here made me feel dumb...lol...being an "employee" and thinking I was on top of whatever information I could find out about these issues internally made me go back and double check if I missed something...

An internal forum that we use has acknowledged investigation....this was 2 months ago...the thread has grown...but is extremely slow as far as information...

I can tell you this....there was no discussion of any type of update... so I remain skeptical about the original rumor...and no information anywhere stating that this "rumored" update would be released or even if it was delayed...

I am not concerned that me voicing this information could get me in some trouble, because I am not sharing anything....because there is nothing to share unless another employee cares to rebuke or agree with what I am saying....

I was afraid of that. That is, if you are real.
    07-21-2011 05:33 PM
    @ReDDrDz

Thank you for your post, from it I understand you are an employee at some level with Sprint.

I have one complaint that would like to voice through you if possible; my gripe is Customer Service. Is frustrating when I get different agents providing contradictory "information" in response to inquiries such as this issue with the update. It truly angers me when some seem to make up stuff out of thin air rather than admit they have no information on the subject; if there is no information, then say so rather than mislead the customer... most would appreciate that.

So, if you can pass this on to anyone in corporate with authority about this - without you getting into any trouble of course - then please do so.

No response to this post is needed. Thank you.
    07-21-2011 05:47 PM
    I'm a Sprint employee, higher up than ReDDrDz in fact, and I can confirm that there is a planned update with a solid release date.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    07-21-2011 06:33 PM
    @ReDDrDz

Thank you for your post, from it I understand you are an employee at some level with Sprint.

I have one complaint that would like to voice through you if possible; my gripe is Customer Service. Is frustrating when I get different agents providing contradictory "information" in response to inquiries such as this issue with the update. It truly angers me when some seem to make up stuff out of thin air rather than admit they have no information on the subject; if there is no information, then say so rather than mislead the customer... most would appreciate that.

So, if you can pass this on to anyone in corporate with authority about this - without you getting into any trouble of course - then please do so.

No response to this post is needed. Thank you.

Completely noted...however, I would be the wrong individual to make this complaint to...Information will always be twisted especially if there is no real supportive document or instruction to go by which is never an excuse...I am reminded about that game of when you tell one individual one specific word...pass that word down the line of 10 people and on the 11th person, the original word is something completely different....

I am also a consumer...and I do deal with my own individual utility companies that always never know what the left hand is doing from the right....I guess this is just the nature of the beast when it comes to any industry that has a front line of customer service representatives...

my honest opinion...to avoid any further frustration if you are a Nexus owner, do not set yourself up for disappointed by calling and asking about this update...I assure you, no one knows on the frontline and there has been no discussion about it...

If I see anything about it, if it exist, I will be sure to share the info...because then, it will not be an issue about if I am sharing privy info...Sprint I can tell you is drumming to a different beat...I assure you this will be made right...
    07-21-2011 06:49 PM
    I was afraid of that. That is, if you are real.
    Oh I'm real...that's why you "don't" like what I am saying

Its an issue under investigation....that's what I was told when I reported it...since then, not much more, but some updates...not even on what was being investigated or what was being done to address it or who was addressing it....
    07-21-2011 06:55 PM
    I'm a Sprint employee, higher up than ReDDrDz in fact, and I can confirm that there is a planned update with a solid release date.
    That is good to hear...it would be nice if someone would advise my center of such to prevent NCP
    07-21-2011 06:59 PM
    Good idea. I'll make some calls tomorrow.
    07-21-2011 07:02 PM
    I'm not sure why people are still trying to rebuke the update.

Didn't some customers come from sprint stores with managers that had nexus s devices with the new update on them? And likewise with sprint employees on the sprint forums confirming that there was a update?

I guess there can be information from both sides of the party. Those to believe and those not to believe.

I for one believe, a update will come out at some point.
    j_grouchy likes this.
    07-22-2011 08:21 AM
    I'm not sure why people are still trying to rebuke the update.

Didn't some customers come from sprint stores with managers that had nexus s devices with the new update on them? And likewise with sprint employees on the sprint forums confirming that there was a update?

I guess there can be information from both sides of the party. Those to believe and those not to believe.

+ 1

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-22-2011 09:13 AM
    wow...really going out on a limb there, aren't ya?
    07-22-2011 09:23 AM
    wow...really going out on a limb there, aren't ya?
    I can always rely on you to quote with negativity :-D Its people like you that keep others going heh.
    j_grouchy likes this.
    07-22-2011 10:15 AM
    Sprint readies Nexus S 4G update with improved WiMAX performance, we go hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    Looks like monday may be the day. This seems like its the real deal
    AndroidOne likes this.
    07-22-2011 12:06 PM
    Sprint readies Nexus S 4G update with improved WiMAX performance, we go hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    Looks like monday may be the day. This seems like its the real deal
    beat me to it!

I can delete my thread or we can start a new one. This 571 post thread is getting long in the tooth, no?
    07-22-2011 12:08 PM
    07-22-2011 12:19 PM
    At the end of the video he says July 11th, so I guess the original rumors were true.
    07-22-2011 12:23 PM
    Rejoice!!
    07-22-2011 12:28 PM
960 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD