08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I just got a call from sprint. I sent an email some time ago to Dan@sprint.com and she has been calling me just about every week to see how things are working. This time she wanted to let me know that the update is scheduled to start on the 25th (July) and she wanted to call me back next Wednesday to make sure it installed OK.
    Don't know about you folks but that seems like pretty decent customer service to me.
    There is always going to be that one employee who actually enjoys doing there job and feels it is needed to go beyond there normal "I just work here" job standards.

Never the less, great to hear that kind of experience. I wonder if she would have a way to force the update for your phone, that's why she mentioned calling back Wednesday.
    07-23-2011 11:40 AM
    I was implying that the person receiving the picture could rotate it.
    Even if they do it will still have black strips on the tops or sides. They always tell me the picture is small and never fills the screen...
    07-23-2011 01:32 PM
    Even if they do it will still have black strips on the tops or sides. They always tell me the picture is small and never fills the screen...
    Is this with pictures taken in portrait or in landscape too?
    07-23-2011 01:54 PM
    Is this with pictures taken in portrait or in landscape too?
    Correct...
    07-23-2011 02:03 PM
    5mp will never fit the screen due the aspect of the picture v the ratio of the screen. When I use to switch from 5mp on my Epic to 4mp it will fill up the screen. And 8mp from an Evo would fill up the screen.

On the Epic it seemed as if odd numbers didn't and even numbers did. Makes sense if you think about it though. Should have made it a 6mp camera, lol.

It's like when letterbox came out and everyone was watching on tube tvs and the ratio was all off and it looked like crap. Then you went out and got a wide screen hd tv and thought it would go away. But it's still there on most displays.

Just because the picture fits in the screen doesn't make it bigger. Because if it did on 4mp and doesn't on 5mp the 5mp is still bigger.
    07-23-2011 04:00 PM
    No one has leaks of the update?
    07-23-2011 04:40 PM
    Did anyone notice the difference in signal strength of the two phones in the video? Hoping to see my constant 1 or 0 bars turn into 3 and 4.
    07-24-2011 12:01 AM
    i know it has nothing to do with sprint, but i p/u the att nexus in a few hours. i'll post the version, and guess they might update all carriers in the same time window.
    07-24-2011 10:45 AM
    i know it has nothing to do with sprint, but i p/u the att nexus in a few hours. i'll post the version, and guess they might update all carriers in the same time window.
    With the Nexus coming to ATT now and Sprint having this one this time around: I'm wondering who is going to get the next one first. Will it be Tmobile (Still) AND ATT at the same time now? Or will Sprint get it? Will we see a Verizon Nexus?

All I know is I'm not going anywhere from Sprint unless they have a Nexus.

I'm thinking if Rumors are true; and, the next Nexus is LTE; and, ATT is getting LTE; and ATT bought Tmobile; And, ATT got a Nexus now; that ATT will be getting the nexus. As Verizon doesn't have one.
    07-24-2011 11:35 AM
    With the Nexus coming to ATT now and Sprint having this one this time around: I'm wondering who is going to get the next one first. Will it be Tmobile (Still) AND ATT at the same time now? Or will Sprint get it? Will we see a Verizon Nexus?

All I know is I'm not going anywhere from Sprint unless they have a Nexus.

I'm thinking if Rumors are true; and, the next Nexus is LTE; and, ATT is getting LTE; and ATT bought Tmobile; And, ATT got a Nexus now; that ATT will be getting the nexus. As Verizon doesn't have one.
    Sprint also did a partnership with Lightsquared and will also have LTE.
    07-24-2011 01:35 PM
    Sprint also did a partnership with Lightsquared and will also have LTE.
    Is that official now? I hope it is and rolls quickly. They were making moves with Wimax till it dropped off.

Verizon LTE is so close tom!!!! It's only 15 miles away (where I work). Where as Sprint I have to travel 50 miles. But I messed with an thunderbolt in the mall and loaded the same webpage on each phone. I was really impressed. Maybe it was a bad spot. Yea, all the flash stuff loaded a lot quicker but the pages were about equal. Maybe it wasn't the best way to test it. But it keeps me from looking that way, for now, lol.

If Sprint gets LTE rolling fast and the Nexus at the end of the year is LTE and Sprint I may use my upgrade for it. Because then I know I can sit back with that phone for a while since there isn't going to be anything to rival LTE for a while.
    07-24-2011 01:43 PM
    I kinda figured Sprint and Google were having a fling considering the whole Google Voice integration.
    07-24-2011 03:39 PM
    I kinda figured Sprint and Google were having a fling considering the whole Google Voice integration.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with ATT buying Tmobile. HMMMMM.
    07-24-2011 03:48 PM
    I wonder if it has anything to do with ATT buying Tmobile. HMMMMM.
    Hopefully that will never be allowed to go through
    07-24-2011 04:04 PM
    Hopefully that will never be allowed to go through
    Hopefully. I would like to see Sprint get their hands on them. Make some better competition. Hopefully do good things for us.
    07-24-2011 04:31 PM
    Hopefully. I would like to see Sprint get their hands on them. Make some better competition. Hopefully do good things for us.
    Too bad the technology is incompatible. I doubt sprint wants to run a CDMA, WIMAX, LTE GSM, and HSPA+ network.
    07-24-2011 04:39 PM
    Too bad the technology is incompatible. I doubt sprint wants to run a CDMA, WIMAX, LTE GSM, and HSPA+ network.
    Let me rephrase what was written before. Here's how I see it:

Sprint buys T-Mobile. Sprint collects revenue from itself and T-mobile. Sprint starts replacing T-Mobile GSM and HSPA equipment with LTE equipment. As LTE is backwards compatible current users will have no affect. Sprint also adds LTE to their equipment sites where there "T-MObile" LTE sites are none existent or close enough. Obsolete towers are sold to smaller non contract companies looking to improve service. Once all GSM and HSPA is replaced with LTE sprint rebrands and now has one larger Sprint Network running LTE. In the future CDMA and WiMax can be removed when no more devices are running. (Yes that will take time to remove those devices but it will eventually happen).

I'm sure for the most part it will be easier to remove WiMax since it's a small number of devices and areas; and, I know most people would switch to an LTE device from their WiMax device when coverage becomes available.
    07-24-2011 04:46 PM
    .... i p/u the att nexus in a few hours. i'll post the version, and guess they might update all carriers in the same time window.
    android 2.3.4
    build gtj61 (on att)

bestbuy rep said phone is most likely unlocked since no att splash screen.

anyhow, thanks to ALL of you for your various inputs and ESPECIALLY pointing out to google and sprint that the phone needs a few refinements!

i'm an nexus s att'r now, and that is what works for me in my particular world and location.

ttfn
    Tenebrous likes this.
    07-24-2011 05:24 PM
    android 2.3.4
    build gtj61 (on att)

bestbuy rep said phone is most likely unlocked since no att splash screen.

anyhow, thanks to ALL of you for your various inputs and ESPECIALLY pointing out to google and sprint that the phone needs a few refinements!

i'm an nexus s att'r now, and that is what works for me in my particular world and location.

ttfn
    Nexus is a Nexus. They should be on all carriers IMHO. (for the most part they are now). Choices.
    07-24-2011 05:34 PM
    Nexus is a Nexus. They should be on all carriers IMHO. (for the most part they are now). Choices.
    They should but since they aren't a mass market device, the added cost of all the different radios makes it not cost effective. That's just my opinion.
    07-24-2011 05:46 PM
    They should but since they aren't a mass market device, the added cost of all the different radios makes it not cost effective. That's just my opinion.
    I guess when everyone has LTE it will be easier.
    07-24-2011 05:49 PM
    ....the added cost of all the different radios makes it not cost effective. That's just my opinion.
    it's the other way around: ZERO development cost, just change out the radio module, and allow for a sim card.

almost as cheap as a fox reality show: just add new faces, keep formula, have a new show.. lol...
    07-24-2011 05:50 PM
    it's the other way around: ZERO development cost, just change out the radio module, and allow for a sim card.

almost as cheap as a fox reality show: just add new faces, keep formula, have a new show.. lol...
    Excellent. Good work. Or in other words. the iPhone series. lol
    07-24-2011 05:53 PM
    Excellent. Good work. Or in other words. the iPhone series. lol
    what are they going to make the iPhone 5 out of? porcelain?
    07-24-2011 05:58 PM
    I sure hope this comes out tonight, mine has been horrible. Even on my Airvana I have been seeing 1-2bar dropouts.
    07-24-2011 06:16 PM
960 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD