08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    I sure hope this comes out tonight, mine has been horrible. Even on my Airvana I have been seeing 1-2bar dropouts.
    Seriously. Maybe you wanna get that checked out. I don't go any lower than 3. Where.my airave is on the complete opposite side of the house.
    07-24-2011 06:28 PM
    Hey who took the day off an AC and didn't add a ATT Nexus forum?
    07-24-2011 06:51 PM
    Seriously. Maybe you wanna get that checked out. I don't go any lower than 3. Where.my airave is on the complete opposite side of the house.
    Normally I get full bars but after a major storm went through and my power went out every 2 I got random dropouts. I just reset my Airvana, router about noon. Its been fine since.
    07-24-2011 07:38 PM
    Hey who took the day off an AC and didn't add a ATT Nexus forum?
    Look again...
    07-24-2011 07:51 PM
    Look again...
    Seems like tapatalk didn't get updated or refreshed yet, doesn't show up with it yet, but shows online.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-24-2011 09:26 PM
    I'm guessing the update won't come until later in the day Monday.
    07-24-2011 09:57 PM
    Seems like tapatalk didn't get updated or refreshed yet, doesn't show up with it yet, but shows online.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    It's showing on Tapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.
    07-24-2011 09:59 PM
    WAHHH AHHAAWAHH...

[ahem]There's no update! The end is near. Repent.

Seriously thoe. Being that this is the first update i've seen on sprint/android. When does this stuff usally drop? With the pre it was early morning to late evening.
    07-25-2011 07:24 AM
    Seriously thoe. Being that this is the first update i've seen on sprint/android. When does this stuff usally drop? With the pre it was early morning to late evening.
    So, what you're saying is anytime throughout the entire day
    07-25-2011 07:40 AM
    So, what you're saying is anytime throughout the entire day
    I guess I meant or :-p
    07-25-2011 07:46 AM
    WAHHH AHHAAWAHH...

[ahem]There's no update! The end is near. Repent.

It varies. My Evo picked up the gingerbread update a little after noon.
    07-25-2011 10:13 AM
    Just because it comes out today doesn't mean everyone is going to get it today. As you might recall Sprint said everyone should have it within 3 weeks of it rolling out. Unless you plan on doing a manual install, you probably won't get it today.

Hopefully one out of the people that get it first will give the update.zip to the internet.
    07-25-2011 10:31 AM
    Just because it comes out today doesn't mean everyone is going to get it today. As you might recall Sprint said everyone should have it within 3 weeks of it rolling out. Unless you plan on doing a manual install, you probably won't get it today.

Hopefully one out of the people that get it first will give the update.zip to the internet.
    how would you go about uploading the update on here.................i think the first people to get update will be the first people who purchased the phone
    07-25-2011 11:12 AM
    Why are the roll-outs staggered? With the Palm Pre, it was available all at once. Yeah there might have been initial hang ups on downloading the update for the first couple hours. But after that it was smooth sailing and was available to everyone same day. Whats the reason for Android's staggered?
    07-25-2011 11:45 AM
    Why are the roll-outs staggered? With the Palm Pre, it was available all at once. Yeah there might have been initial hang ups on downloading the update for the first couple hours. But after that it was smooth sailing and was available to everyone same day. Whats the reason for Android's staggered?
    The reason is to not overload Google's servers with everyone downloading the update at the same time.
    07-25-2011 11:48 AM
    I HEARD it's also got to do with managing the number of people affected if there was an issue with the update.
    So, they roll out 5% of the updates and wait...no issues, roll out another 10, and so on.

If the update breaks something they are only pissing off 5% of people and that's a smaller number to manage a fix for.
    07-25-2011 12:01 PM
    I HEARD it's also got to do with managing the number of people affected if there was an issue with the update.
    So, they roll out 5% of the updates and wait...no issues, roll out another 10, and so on.

If the update breaks something they are only pissing off 5% of people and that's a smaller number to manage a fix for.
    That makes sense.
    07-25-2011 12:05 PM
    I personally think 3 weeks is a typo or a blatant mistake. Has any update for any device ever been rolled out over that long of time? I'm going to say a week to a week and a half tops. That is of course if everything goes smoothly.
    07-25-2011 12:13 PM

I still don't know they don't do it the way Blackberry does updates. Plug in phone. Go to website. Use online update checker; or, desktop version. Check for updates. Update available. Install. Problem? Repeat process and downgrade.

Google. OTA: Takes 3 weeks. First roll out. 5% people with now ****ed up phones with no option to downgrade. And the Epic people who good 2.2 and were stuck with it couldn't update to the new build a few months later. Because you needed to come from 2.1. It's dumb process.
    07-25-2011 12:14 PM
    Sprint just tweeted it will be pushed to customers over next 2 weeks with no manual download option.
    07-25-2011 12:25 PM
    Sprint just tweeted it will be pushed to customers over next 2 weeks with no manual download option.
    They just corrected it to read 3 weeks.
    07-25-2011 12:28 PM
    Booo-urns
    07-25-2011 12:33 PM
    I still don't know they don't do it the way Blackberry does updates. Plug in phone. Go to website. Use online update checker; or, desktop version. Check for updates. Update available. Install. Problem? Repeat process and downgrade.

Google. OTA: Takes 3 weeks. First roll out. 5% people with now ****ed up phones with no option to downgrade. And the Epic people who good 2.2 and were stuck with it couldn't update to the new build a few months later. Because you needed to come from 2.1. It's dumb process.
    I would imagine they do it this way because the vast majority of Android users hardly ever plug their phones into a computer. The OTA method puts the update in your face and even if you dismiss it initially, eventually you'll click 'update'.

I think it's Samsung (doesn't apply in the case of the NS4G) that does actually have a program that you need to download and install to update...It's a piece of crap from everything I have heard.
    07-25-2011 12:34 PM
    I would imagine they do it this way because the vast majority of Android users hardly ever plug their phones into a computer. The OTA method puts the update in your face and even if you dismiss it initially, eventually you'll click 'update'.

I think it's Samsung (doesn't apply in the case of the NS4G) that does actually have a program that you need to download and install to update...It's a piece of crap from everything I have heard.
    I still think at least the nexus should have the update checker on anroid.com. Also, still doing OTA for people who don't mind waiting; or, wouldn't think to.

I've said it before. Android is about choices. So why am I stuck with OTA, lol.

I wonder what I'll get first. The market or the update. Hmm.
    07-25-2011 12:39 PM
    wow three weeks, so somebody goings to have an issue with it then it will be pulled and I bet it will be two months before we see it.
    07-25-2011 12:40 PM
960 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD