08-11-2011 12:38 PM
960 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Do you have to be rooted to manually apply the update?

I'm getting the triangle exclamation point too.
    07-25-2011 05:08 PM
    Again.....we shouldn't flash any rom's or kernels since their build is 2.3.4?
    07-25-2011 05:08 PM
    is your signature accurate?
    How do I make it accurate if it isn't (or check lol).

EDIT: Ok I figured that out. Yet when I apply the update it says File verification failed. I am running the stock rom rooted. I will try to copy over the file again first I guess.
    07-25-2011 05:09 PM
    Do you have to be rooted to manually apply the update?

I'm getting the triangle exclamation point too.
    No. In fact, again, you should NOT apply this if you're rooted.

Again.....we shouldn't flash any rom's or kernels since their build is 2.3.4?
    Correct.
    arrogant437 likes this.
    07-25-2011 05:10 PM
    I named it update.zip and it worked for my install.
    How do I make it accurate if it isn't (or check lol).
    If you're rooted you shouldn't be applying this update.

You can either unroot and apply or wait for the devs to make a root friendly version. They're working on it as we speak.
    lol?
    How do I know you didn't sabotage my update zip to brick my phone so the real update skips over me! lol.
    dyllonsdabaum likes this.
    07-25-2011 05:12 PM
    Any ideas on why I can't apply the update. I'm rebooting (pwr + vol up) then selecting "Recovery" then it just hangs on the triangle.

To anyone that helps, thank you in advance.
    07-25-2011 05:12 PM
    If you're rooted you shouldn't be applying this update.

You can either unroot and apply or wait for the devs to make a root friendly version. They're working on it as we speak.
    Not really. You can install this if you're rooted (I did). You'll just have to re-run the root process after installing it (not a big deal). Under 10 minutes, and I'm happily rooted on 2.3.5 now. You'll also lose your recovery partition, so you have to reinstall that (and rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh again). If you un-root and install, your phone will be wiped and you'll start with a clean slate. If you install the update on a rooted phone and then re-root, all your data and settings will remain intact with no loss. If you don't want to lose data, don't touch any "fastboot oem lock/unlock" commands.
    07-25-2011 05:13 PM
    Any ideas on why I can't apply the update. I'm rebooting (pwr + vol up) then selecting "Recovery" then it just hangs on the triangle.

That happens if you don't have a valid recovery partition. If you're rooted, you just need to reinstall ClockWorkMod Recovery (quick via ROM Manager). I have no idea how the recovery partition goes wonky if you're not rooted (or how to repair it).
    07-25-2011 05:14 PM
    That happens if you don't have a valid recovery partition. If you're rooted, you just need to reinstall ClockWorkMod Recovery (quick via ROM Manager). I have no idea how the recovery partition goes wonky if you're not rooted (or how to repair it).
    I literally just picked up a replacement NS4G about an hour ago for my signal issues. I really hope this one isn't screwed up too.
    07-25-2011 05:16 PM

When you get to the triangle screen, hold down the power button and press volume up. Then select update and point it to update.zip.
    corndog22cl likes this.
    07-25-2011 05:17 PM
    Does it matter if I update my profile while on my Airave network?
    07-25-2011 05:17 PM
    is your signature accurate?

lol?
    lol yeah i mean i don't really have much to go off of. would you recommend it?
    07-25-2011 05:18 PM
    Just flashed it and i DIDNT see any improvements yet...am i the only one?
    07-25-2011 05:18 PM
    I literally just picked up a replacement NS4G about an hour ago for my signal issues. I really hope this one isn't screwed up too.
    Well if its a fresh phone that you don't have a ton of time invested in setting up, I say ROOT IT!
    07-25-2011 05:20 PM
    Anyone able to tether? My 3g icon disappears and doesn't come back
    07-25-2011 05:21 PM
    lol yeah i mean i don't really have much to go off of. would you recommend it?
    it's fine. you can grab it straight from google if it makes you feel better. pretty sure i put it in the first post of this thread.
    07-25-2011 05:23 PM
    Anyone able to tether? My 3g icon disappears and doesn't come back
    Nope, no 3G or 4G tethering or hotspot for me. It connects, but no Internet connection. Haven't heard otherwise yet, this might be the one that kills it off.
    07-25-2011 05:23 PM
    My DL/UL speeds increased greatly. Went from average 92/53kbps (DL/UL) to 415/83kbps. I posted some extra numbers a few pages back.
    07-25-2011 05:24 PM
    When you get to the triangle screen, hold down the power button and press volume up. Then select update and point it to update.zip.
    Damn it, I kept hitting the buttons at the same time, instead of power then vol up. Worked like a charm this time. Thank you Superblast.

Well boys, I'm cracking a beer. Here's too hoping the signal issues are gone.
    dyllonsdabaum and Tenebrous like this.
    07-25-2011 05:24 PM
    Not really. You can install this if you're rooted (I did). You'll just have to re-run the root process after installing it (not a big deal). Under 10 minutes, and I'm happily rooted on 2.3.5 now. You'll also lose your recovery partition, so you have to reinstall that (and rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh again). If you un-root and install, your phone will be wiped and you'll start with a clean slate. If you install the update on a rooted phone and then re-root, all your data and settings will remain intact with no loss. If you don't want to lose data, don't touch any "fastboot oem lock/unlock" commands.
    Look at that wall of text. You're absolutely correct, but people are in frenzy mode and already aren't reading instructions and warnings.
    07-25-2011 05:25 PM
    I'm seeing a definite improvement. I couldn't even pick up 4G at my office but I get one bar now. ~3000kbps down/200kbps up speeds on speedtest (not very accurate but gives me an idea).
    Time to root. Mobile hotspots seems to be deactivated.
    can someone please confirm whether to rename the file "update" or "update.zip" Someone on here is saying something different than all of the directions I read.
    07-25-2011 05:26 PM
960 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD