[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

Officially starting to get disappointed about the update rumored to be due today...

Have spent some time searching through the Sprint Users and the Google Mobile forums, lots of folks asking for confirmation regarding this update, not a peep yet from Google or Sprint so far.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

Chud,(Chump)
Well I'm happy that your's and the few others work flawlessly, but for the rest of us who spent top $$$ for the NS4G and having signal issues, etc. need the update ASAP. If the NS4G was so perfect...why is this forum full of people complaining about it?

I don't think the NS4G is perfect by any means. But being an early adopter of any piece of technology is going to put you at greater risk for problems and I don't think phones, especially Android phones, are any different. Once an update or two gets pushed out things will be nice and stable.

And, every forum is full of people complaining about their phones. That's what people do on the net! :)

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Chud,(Chump)
Well I'm happy that your's and the few others work flawlessly, but for the rest of us who spent top $$$ for the NS4G and having signal issues, etc. need the update ASAP. If the NS4G was so perfect...why is this forum full of people complaining about it?

Simple. More people will complain about the bad things than report the good things. This is why it looks like the Nexus S 4G is the most broken phone on Sprint when in reality, it's not.

The problems only really exist when there is 4G in the area (even if the 4G radio is turned off). But if your area isn't a 4G area, then your phone will work fine.

If it REALLY were as bad as this forum claims, then we'd hear every news station in the world reporting it just like they did the iPhone 4.

mattg67

May 23, 2010
Visit site

I don't think the NS4G is perfect by any means. But being an early adopter of any piece of technology is going to put you at greater risk for problems and I don't think phones, especially Android phones, are any different. Once an update or two gets pushed out things will be nice and stable.

And, every forum is full of people complaining about their phones. That's what people do on the net! :)
People complaining on the internet, in forums! You sir are out of line :p The day isn't over and if it is true it's gonna be a slow roll out patience

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Officially starting to get disappointed about the update rumored to be due today...

Have spent some time searching through the Sprint Users and the Google Mobile forums, lots of folks asking for confirmation regarding this update, not a peep yet from Google or Sprint so far.

I called a couple sprint stores and asked about the signal issues with this device and wondered if there were any pending updates coming soon. One didn't know anything about updates but were aware of the issue. The other stated later this week. I got bored and didn't call anymore lol. I got the feeling the one that stated later this week was a n00b and just said it. I don't know..

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Chud,(Chump)
An original zinger right there.

Find where I said all of the NS4Gs are perfect and where nobody is having problems.

I'll wait.

In the meantime, you're the one making blanket statements, not I. If you're unhappy with the device, exchange it or return it. It's far far far easier to do that than to sit online complaining about it to people who can't help you.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else find it funny that even if you put your phone into Airplane mode, the phone still states its "Uptodate".

When you click SystemUpdate it doesn't even seem like its checking for updates at all.

Why is this?

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else find it funny that even if you put your phone into Airplane mode, the phone still states its "Uptodate".

When you click SystemUpdate it doesn't even seem like its checking for updates at all.

Why is this?

I was kind of curious about this also, it doesn't seem to be checking anything when you tap on it. I get the feeling it has its own schedule, only checks then & reports what it found last time when you check.

BTW, I'm anxiously waiting for the update too!

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Simple. More people will complain about the bad things than report the good things. This is why it looks like the Nexus S 4G is the most broken phone on Sprint when in reality, it's not.

Agree. In reality, almost every smartphone is painted as the worst in the carrier's history shortly after release until one or two updates fix most of the bugs and then is all good from there.

The problems only really exist when there is 4G in the area (even if the 4G radio is turned off). But if your area isn't a 4G area, then your phone will work fine.

Not to start an argument but that is not always the case; I have no 4G in my area and still have problems with the signal.

If it REALLY were as bad as this forum claims, then we'd hear every news station in the world reporting it just like they did the iPhone 4.

Most major news media outlets think the only smartphone in the planet is the iPhone... anything else just doesn't exist...:eek:

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Agree. In reality, almost every smartphone is painted as the worst in the carrier's history shortly after release until one or two updates fix most of the bugs and then is all good from there.

Yeah, such is the life of every device that exists. It's why most people don't buy the newest stuff until a few months. Except, I don't think I can bring myself to do that... :p

Not to start an argument but that is not always the case; I have no 4G in my area and still have problems with the signal.

I've had a few issues myself in my non-4G area so I understand what you mean there.

Most major news media outlets think the only smartphone in the planet is the iPhone... anything else just doesn't exist...:eek:

This just makes our phones even better...we have phones that don't exist. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908