[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

Has anyone actually received the update yet?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

After pressing f5 on every forum and news source I could think of all day I think I can safely say no one has posted about personally getting the update.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

After pressing f5 on every forum and news source I could think of all day I think I can safely say no one has posted about personally getting the update.

Witnessed two at the Sprint store today receive the update. The only reason I knew it was it, was because it was GRJ90.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

But the carrier still has to approve the update. It is going through their network after all.

Incorrect, Sprint does not have to approve the updates from Google. Just how T Mobile doesn't with the Nexus S. Sprint does not control these updates. This update was leaked long before Sprint's letterhead showed us. It was GRJ85 before this final version and was leaked by many sources. Google has done rolled out updates since the Nexus One. This is how just about everyone does it, it prevents crashing the servers. Get used to it guys.

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

You'd think a Sprint worker would have some forum knowledge though. Enough to debunk or prove to the curious whether we're getting an update or not at least.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

You'd think a Sprint worker would have some forum knowledge though. Enough to debunk or prove to the curious whether we're getting an update or not at least.

No because those workers do not get this kind of information. At least not until the day they start receiving updates for devices. That is not their job to know this. They are strictly tech and sales people. If most paid attention, this update has been in the works for awhile and Gbhil told everyone that in a post here. It was coming. Just a matter of when?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I've yet to come across ANY carrier worker who knows even one percent of what the average forum member knows. and thats over the past 10 or 15 years.

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

No because those workers do not get this kind of information. At least not until the day they start receiving updates for devices. That is not their job to know this. They are strictly tech and sales people. If most paid attention, this update has been in the works for awhile and Gbhil told everyone that in a post here. It was coming. Just a matter of when?

Well, I mostly meant the workers that have allegedly received the update. >_< Sorry.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I got the update!!!!! I'm just kidding. Lol.

I've seen real updates here. Talked about posteD. Not saying its not delayed. But if it does come. Cool. If not I'm not surprised.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the update!!!!! I'm just kidding. Lol.

I've seen real updates here. Talked about posteD. Not saying its not delayed. But if it does come. Cool. If not I'm not surprised.

I got really excited for a second and then it was ripped away... not cool sir :p

From Nexus with love

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

July 11th has now come and gone with no update in sight. Although I believe an update will be released in the near future, is safe to conclude this rumor was just another cruel hoax.

Case closed...

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

July 11th has now come and gone with no update in sight. Although I believe an update will be released in the near future, is safe to conclude this rumor was just another cruel hoax.

Case closed...

Hmmm guess you didn't read some of the posts I wrote. Whether you choose to believe so? I have already seen a few Nexus's in the Sprint stores with GRJ90 update. Wasn't a hoax.. Sorry to say! Again Sprint Feed has very close and reliable sources. They leaked it, and it has come to some already. Your just not looking hard enough. 5% is a very small number of individuals.

All the sources posted are credible, and Sprint managers, and others are reporting the update is ready. Again it's not a hoax, when people are saying these things. Or with actual proof from Sprint documents.

Here is the latest info I can give. A Sprint Employee confirms it has been postponed. At the bottom...
http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/310208

If you guys want to force OTA to check. It will say Checkin succeeded and say an update if it's available.
*#*#2432546#*#*

Last edited:

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm guess you didn't read some of the posts I wrote. Whether you choose to believe so? I have already seen a few Nexus's in the Sprint stores with GRJ90 update. Wasn't a hoax.. Sorry to say! Again Sprint Feed has very close and reliable sources. They leaked it, and it has come to some already. Your just not looking hard enough. 5% is a very small number of individuals.

All the sources posted are credible, and Sprint managers, and others are reporting the update is ready. Again it's not a hoax, when people are saying these things. Or with actual proof from Sprint documents.

I have read your posts - and all others as well. I do agree there is an update on the works and should be available soon... however, today was not the day for general public roll out as suggested by the rumor.

Whenever an update is actually rolling out, all of the major blogs post the news immediately; it may not reach every user that same day, but we know for sure is officially rolling out (look at the post on AC blog by Chris Parsons about the 2.3 update roll out for the Droid Incredible 2, posted today at 12:52 AM - that's what I'm talking about).

That's all I have to say about that...

Last edited: