[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

cjitty

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

i really, really want this phone and just sitting on the sideline waiting for this update to play out. There are numerous posts from people who state they don't have any issues with 4G or WIFI. Just like cars off the assembly line get a VIN number that coincides with production date, is there any sort of pattern with Nexus S serial numbers that would indicate when they were manufactured and whether or not the recently manufactured phones are experiencing the same issues? Is there any chance newer made phones have different firmware or even newer radio hardware? Just a thought.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
great movie, gets better after each time. you see something you missed before. i have seen it like 7 times and the last time i still noticed something i missed all the other times.

Yeah, I notice something new every time also. Problem is, it just makes me think more about the movie and still not have a resolution.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I notice something new every time also. Problem is, it just makes me think more about the movie and still not have a resolution.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

i have so many theories about the end i have no clue what is right. thats one reason i love the movie.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Android updates make my head hurt. They really need to stop it with the OTA ****. Be more formal about updates. (If this rumor of a rumor being postponed is true). And they need to do what BlackBerry does. Desktop and or web based phone updater. Plug in via usb, go to an android updater website. A wallah. Check for updates and update that way.

Obviously keeping OTA alive so people who don't know to do that; or, people who don't get a chance to check as much as we would might be surprised and get the update.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Oh no thank you. I rather have OTA updates. RIM/Apple updates or horrible. Specially when it comes out first few days impossible to download then u have to connect your phone to computer and update it. Very annoying and so ass backwards

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh no thank you. I rather have OTA updates. RIM/Apple updates or horrible. Specially when it comes out first few days impossible to download then u have to connect your phone to computer and update it. Very annoying and so ass backwards

Why not have all forms of update. This way everyone can pick what they like the best. Android is choice. And, thus, making it easier for everyone to get updates in a timely fashion since everyone has a different choice.

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Just in case anybody's wondering. Here's some clarification on the update from the Sprint forums....

Hello!
Sorry about the problems. There is an update planned for the phone, but we don't have a date for release for it yet. It is pretty rare for these sort of updates to be announced by Sprint, especially more so with the Nexus series as they are almost entirely controlled by Google. Even if we do provide a radio software update to Google that does not mean that Google will immediately push that down.

In terms of what we as tech knows, unfortunately unless a specific bit of information has been officially released by Sprint, we can't confirm or provide said information. Even if there are pictures of whatever it is, sealed and notarized as authentic, we still can't comment on it.

Sprint Community: Nexus S 4G update question

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Just in case anybody's wondering. Here's some clarification on the update from the Sprint forums....

Hello!
Sorry about the problems. There is an update planned for the phone, but we don't have a date for release for it yet. It is pretty rare for these sort of updates to be announced by Sprint, especially more so with the Nexus series as they are almost entirely controlled by Google. Even if we do provide a radio software update to Google that does not mean that Google will immediately push that down.

In terms of what we as tech knows, unfortunately unless a specific bit of information has been officially released by Sprint, we can't confirm or provide said information. Even if there are pictures of whatever it is, sealed and notarized as authentic, we still can't comment on it.

Sprint Community: Nexus S 4G update question

This is pretty much the only official information that we will get on this update until it's actually out. Sprint forum reps (and neither are Sprint workers in stores) are not allowed to say anything or they will lose their jobs. It's pretty much a sort of NDA. If you're told something, consider yourself special because the person is putting their job on the line for you.

The update exists, the update is coming. No one is allowed to say when, no one is allowed to say what it has. This means that every single thing you hear aside from "it's coming!" is a rumor.

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site

This is pretty much the only official information that we will get on this update until it's actually out. Sprint forum reps (and neither are Sprint workers in stores) are not allowed to say anything or they will lose their jobs. It's pretty much a sort of NDA. If you're told something, consider yourself special because the person is putting their job on the line for you.

The update exists, the update is coming. No one is allowed to say when, no one is allowed to say what it has. This means that every single thing you hear aside from "it's coming!" is a rumor.
Exactly. This should clear up a lot of questions about why things are handled the way they are.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

As an employee, I can second that...I throw no speculation because no one has authorized or said, or even confirmed anything out of my office...from the start when these issues were reported and even by myself...we were told...its being looked into...haven't had time to check internal forums for any other info
Regarding this speculated update

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Never been a fan of Kendrick. He spews a lot of misinformation. No offense to the guy. But he should really change his article title. The update was never cancelled. It was delayed.. Two way different words!

Him saying this in the summary
"The flaky Android update system has resulted in the postponement of the update for the Sprint Nexus S 4G. Even Google’s flagship Android phone isn’t safe from the awful update process."

Just so everyone is aware he hates Android, and has never been a fan of it. When has the update system been flaky? To me it seems Google noticed a issue, and wanted it fixed first. I would rather have a stable ROM, rather then getting it quicker and being buggy. But I guess that is just me.

Reactions: wordweaver

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Never been a fan of Kendrick. He spews a lot of misinformation. No offense to the guy. But he should really change his article title. The update was never cancelled. It was delayed.. Two way different words!

Him saying this in the summary
"The flaky Android update system has resulted in the postponement of the update for the Sprint Nexus S 4G. Even Google?s flagship Android phone isn?t safe from the awful update process."

Just so everyone is aware he hates Android, and has never been a fan of it.

thanks for the clarification on his bias. i just googled 'nexus s update' and found that article. i'm thirsty for info! :D

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

As an employee, I can second that...I throw no speculation because no one has authorized or said, or even confirmed anything out of my office...from the start when these issues were reported and even by myself...we were told...its being looked into...haven't had time to check internal forums for any other info
Regarding this speculated update

Are you a employee in a store? Nothing usually is givin to you guys on this type of information. I have many friends, and some family who work for Sprint in stores, and none of them ever get update information like this. They don't know until the day of. The documents were leaked, and Sprint Feed has always been spot on with the leaks. A few Google employees confirmed they found some bugs and wanted those fixed before release. Again I applaud them for finding them before it releases to us.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey