[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

LeaninBack916

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

They better do something soon. these signal issues are getting ridiculous.

Really though. This phone is a beast. I love it. The only two things that annoy me is that I live on the tip of a 4g area/mediocre coverage area. Its weird but 4g actually works on our street (my neighbor has an evo 3d and my friend at the end of the block has a evo shift 4g) and they both get a stable 4g connection in their houses. We are a ways from where the 4g is suppose to trail off but it works well by us (about a mile from the freeway in Northern Sacramento midway between downtown and the airport.) I am upstairs in my house and I can't get it to remain stable, it jumps in and out. But then on the Wifi front, my roommate and I have the router downstairs and on my palm pre I used to get about half signal or a bit better to my room, enough to run fine. Now I barely get bar/cuts back to 3g. Most of the time I dont notice the transition if I am on Pandora or Twitter posting. But especially when I do an upload or something that takes more than a quick or low burst of data I get the errors or a retrying connection. Its my only issue. If they update and fix it just to improve it if only by a little, I would hands down say this is the best phone I have owned. Oh and the Evo 3d's wifi sucks. The 3g/4g works pretty well but wifi was worse than mine. He brought his phone over to do some comparisons and he could barely get a bar of strength. But his 3g/4g worked flawless so I guess thats what counts haha

god_trentonj

May 13, 2010
Visit site

With the price dropping to $99, you think they would get this update out... I'm sure they will get some new Nexus users over the weekend now!

bbkoach

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there a chance that the update got pushed to some users and then pulled back because of issues? In the last two days, I have had a battery life icon pop up in the top right hand corner of my screen that was not there before. And now I am having all kinds of connectivity problems. I have installed no new apps and haven't updated anything either. I can't even get a 3G signal now. Just a radio signal. Not sure what is going on. Best phone I have ever owned, just frustrated right now and don't want to have to do a hard reset if I don't have to.

leescharf

May 11, 2011
Visit site

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there a chance that the update got pushed to some users and then pulled back because of issues? In the last two days, I have had a battery life icon pop up in the top right hand corner of my screen that was not there before. And now I am having all kinds of connectivity problems. I have installed no new apps and haven't updated anything either. I can't even get a 3G signal now. Just a radio signal. Not sure what is going on. Best phone I have ever owned, just frustrated right now and don't want to have to do a hard reset if I don't have to.
@bbkoach - make sure you check the Mobile Network Settings in Wireless & Networks and confirm the Data Enabled box is checked. For whatever reason the Data Enabled box gets unchecked on my phone for no apparent reason.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Are you a employee in a store? Nothing usually is givin to you guys on this type of information. I have many friends, and some family who work for Sprint in stores, and none of them ever get update information like this. They don't know until the day of. The documents were leaked, and Sprint Feed has always been spot on with the leaks. A few Google employees confirmed they found some bugs and wanted those fixed before release. Again I applaud them for finding them before it releases to us.

No I am not in a store...and I am not tech or care...and I have heard absolutely not a peep...but I am confident that Sprint will address this issue...although frustrated like the rest of you all...I stand by this product

russpcs

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Well, didn't happen this week, we'll just keep bumping the rumor out a week until it comes. :p

Well it needs to happen.
The new App Store says that the Google Video Player is not compatible with the Google Nexus S.

Looks a little stupid on their part if a Google Phone cannot run Google products, so I guess they need to update soon :)

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

When and update gets pushed, you get a popup notification, you have to agree to the download, and once again agree to install. The chances of such an OTA update being "covertly" installed without your knowledge or approval is basically zero.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well it needs to happen.
The new App Store says that the Google Video Player is not compatible with the Google Nexus S.

Looks a little stupid on their part if a Google Phone cannot run Google products, so I guess they need to update soon :)

The videos show it running on the Nexus S. Where did you get this info?

dunivan

Feb 11, 2011
www.bryantdunivan.com

Well it needs to happen.

If you are rooted I don't believe it works.

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

******* Rumor from pocketnow.com *********

The Sprint Nexus S 4G should have received an update on July 11 but it unfortunately didn't happen. It should have brought 4G fixes, tweaks, and full support for the smartphone's secure NFC transceiver and we also learned that it might as well be a new version of Android 2.3.5. According to rumors, the update was not cancelled but just delayed. If the information turns out to be true, July 18 is the date to circle in your calendar for the Nexus S 4G update -- but careful though, we already circled July 11 and that didn't happen

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

It's not a rumor that it wasn't cancelled, Sprint representatives confirmed that it exists and it is coming. It just got delayed for whatever reason. They did not say when it would finally be released.

July 18th is a rumor and I wouldn't hold my breath about it.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

quoted for future shame :D

Are you quoting me in case I'm wrong? :p I don't care if I'm wrong. XD

I hope I am cause I'd like to see how Nexus S updates as I've never gotten an OTA update on a phone before. :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante