[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

what path can i find the i/o scheduler stuff in.,,,,,,just thought i'd break the bickerimg for a min....hee hee

Nah, the bickering was over. I had work to do, and I quite enjoy coming here, I'm not gonna let others ruin it for me.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

... I've had two Nexus S 4Gs (one had an LCD issue) and neither of them had the issue. Nor does the one on display at the Sprint stores here.

If this WAS as widespread as you so blindly claim, we'd have more than people online complaining, we would have people offline, it would be in the news just like the iPhone 4 was. Do you really think that Google's own flagship phone having so-called "horrible" internet issues wouldn't be big news

This is still a minor issue and not a huge enough problem that Google seems to want to rush this update, which is why it's not here. Why rush it when it's only affecting a small amount of people and possibly break everyone's phones in the process?
To be clear, you are arguing that since you have no issues, this MUST not be widespread. Seriously? What narcassism. Or that since more people are not complaining on line, it must not be serious - even though many have on various sites. Wow. Have you considered that many many people are either too busy or simply do not visit sites such as this?

This is a serious problem that is affecting a significant number of people - the fact that it does not affect you does not change anything. By the way, didn't organizations, such as CNET for example, already confirm a problem? So it would seem by your own reasoning that there is a problem - maybe not for every user in the entire world, especially those near towers, but a significant amount nonetheless.

Last edited:

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
To be clear, you are arguing that since you have no issues, this MUST not be widespread. Seriously? What narcassism. Or that since more people are not complaining on line, it must not be serious - even though many have on various sites. Wow. Have you considered that many many people are either too busy or simply do not visit sites such as this?

This is a serious problem that is affecting a significant number of people - the fact that it does not affect you does not change anything. By the way, didn't organizations, such as CNET for example, already confirm a problem? So it would seem by your own reasoning that there is a problem - maybe not for every user in the entire world, especially those near towers, but a significant amount nonetheless.

Just like you're considering how people with no problems just don't have time to not complain or just don't visit tech sites. nobody is saying there is no issue but saying that this is an issue that a majority of owners have is not true in any reality. This bickering is ridiculous. Yes there is an issue for some. A fix and update it's in the works those are the only two facts we have.

Reactions: crzycrkr

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

geez guys- everyone wants the same thing - an update. the tone of some posts aren't necessary in my opinion. the title of the darn thread has the word RUMOR in it-- relax!

Reactions: TJ0717

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

geez guys- everyone wants the same thing - an update. the tone of some posts aren't necessary in my opinion. the title of the darn thread has the word RUMOR in it-- relax!

But but but... my grandpaw's uncle's friend bob who had a cousin who works at Denny's said that his friend who is a professional wrestler said that he knows a guy who knows a guy who's dog had an epileptic fit and simultaneously predicted (in perfect Mandarin) that there would be an update!

We got ripped off!!!!! Someone needs to kill that dog!

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

But but but... my grandpaw's uncle's friend bob who had a cousin who works at Denny's said that his friend who is a professional wrestler said that he knows a guy who knows a guy who's dog had an epileptic fit and simultaneously predicted (in perfect Mandarin) that there would be an update!

We got ripped off!!!!! Someone needs to kill that dog!
SMH&LMFHO

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site

There are plenty of people who are happy with them. I am happy with mine, save for the connection problems. Some people have suggested it's a problem with the towers, which is certainly possible; the Sprint location where I bought mine (and had it replaced) has told me they steer people away from it because almost half of the NS4Gs they've sold have come back.

I'm nor sure that it is tower related, though. I got a femtocell from Sprint, and I get good signal strength. Where my problem arises is that it periodically just drops everything. I look at the indicators and they will go from solid green to solid white, showing that the signal available is strong, but that it isn't connected. Something -- software? hardware? -- is breaking the connection for 3-5 seconds.

I'm holding out hope for a fix somewhere down the line. Until then, I make do with a lot of voice mail, and use my Cr-48 instead of my phone for data.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Why is narcassism (O, sorry I copy and pasted: narcissism) the word of choice for this thread? Did I miss a game we were playing?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

HEY MAN! If you don't like Vanilla go get some Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water with some Sense and then flash over some Vanilla CM7 and realize your Wifi doesn't work. Then get mad at that guy

Hey, who said that?

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Just like you're considering how people with no problems just don't have time to not complain or just don't visit tech sites. nobody is saying there is no issue but saying that this is an issue that a majority of owners have is not true in any reality. This bickering is ridiculous. Yes there is an issue for some. A fix and update it's in the works those are the only two facts we have.

Actually no. Since there already have been a significant number of complaints, my point is already satisfied. However, for emphasis, I added that there are likely even more people with problems that have not taken the time to go find/post on forums or still others who live near towers and cannot recognize the problem. Whether or not you, or some others here, accept this addition does not change the fact - I am not sure what is so hard to admit or why the need to argue about it.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Actually no. Since there already have been a significant number of complaints, my point is already satisfied. However, for emphasis, I added that there are likely even more people with problems that have not taken the time to go find/post on forums or still others who live near towers and cannot recognize the problem.

In the end, there is a problem that is affecting a significant number of people - I am not sure what is so hard to admit or why the need to argue about it. Wow. It is possible for a significant number of people to have a problem and some either not have the problem or not notice the problem.

Just give it up man. If you want to have a civil argument here your going to get shut down. People will argue with you till you die. If Android was a religion we'd have holy wars. Not one person here who warships Google is going to admit that anyone else with this phone is having a problem.

So with that said you might as well just suicide bomb us. Missing of course.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

What a narcassist... it has to be your word or none at all... :confused:

stark.jpg

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Just give it up man. If you want to have a civil argument here your going to get shut down. People will argue with you till you die. If Android was a religion we'd have holy wars. Not one person here who warships Google is going to admit that anyone else with this phone is having a problem.

So with that said you might as well just suicide bomb us. Missing of course.

Really, give it up because you disagree? Bah, you should give it up - whatever 'it' is. Lol, and after you state 'give it up,' you post another comment. So in other words, those you disagree with should 'give it up' while you continue, hmmm.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Really, give it up because out disagree? Bah, you should give it up - whatever 'it's is. Lol, and after you state 'give it up,' you post another comment. So in other words, those you disagree with should 'give it up' while you continue, hmmm.

My posts have nothing to do with Android or the Nexus S 4g at this point. ;)