Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

Another one? Where???

HERE I FOUND HIM!

narcisi.png

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site

I don't know about the rest of you jokers. But i'm getting paid by the hour to read this argument and thread. :-D

The update will come, the update will fix the problems for users. There still will be users that have problems. It is the nature of the beast. Stop kicking a dead horse and move on people.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I don't know about the rest of you jokers. But i'm getting paid by the hour to read this argument and thread. :-D

The update will come, the update will fix the problems for users. There still will be users that have problems. It is the nature of the beast. Stop kicking a dead horse and move on people.

Are you getting paid to read them or are you getting paid indirectly to read them? Because either which way I'm technically getting paid to write them.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes, please. This is getting silly. Can someone please detail what the update is supposed to fix? And any new functions being added?

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you go back to the first post on this tread and look at what was posted. There is a pic of the page with the original rumor: that is the only "official" information anyone has about the rumored update.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Why don't you go back to the first post on this tread and look at what was posted. There is a pic of the page with the original rumor: that is the only "official" information anyone has about the rumored update.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Actually no, the only official information we have from a Sprint rep on Sprint's own forums is that the update exists and it is still coming. That's all we really know.

They also stated that any photos, videos, or supposed "real" information with so-called "sources" should still be considered a rumor as only Google truly knows what's in the update and when it's coming (not to mention why it was delayed in the first place).

If you choose to pretend that's not official, that's fine, but it's as official as you're going to get.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I see Gizmodo telling us AT&T is getting the NS next week. Is there any chance there will be an update push to coincide with this release? I guess the radios are different...just thought maybe the NS will get some extra attention... ~shrug~

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Actually no, the only official information we have from a Sprint rep on Sprint's own forums is that the update exists and it is still coming. That's all we really know.

They also stated that any photos, videos, or supposed "real" information with so-called "sources" should still be considered a rumor as only Google truly knows what's in the update and when it's coming (not to mention why it was delayed in the first place).

If you choose to pretend that's not official, that's fine, but it's as official as you're going to get.

Man, this is starting to sound like a cult already...

The only official thing we know to date is that there is nothing official anywhere about this update. I do believe we all can agree an update is coming,

I have read the post you continue to referrence and this is not an official statement coming from Sprint (or Google for that mater), is coming from an anonymous Sprint employee and that is all we know.

That post is just as reliable as information I got from a Sprint CS online on July 12 that assured me the update was already rolling out and everyone should get it within 24-hrs. She was also going to "push" it to my phone, but of course she never did. I believe we all know by now how true this "official" piece of intel from an actual Sprint employee turned out.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm going out on a limb here....I am an employee of the service provider of this product....I have it and have those very same issues the MAJORITY of you folks on this particular thread have reported...Hell, I reported my issues day after I got back to work after playing with the phone all night noticing issues with wi-fi connectivity....

Honestly to tell you the truth, the voice issue is not a problem at all with my device...I do experience slow download speeds at random intervals on 3G throughout the day....WiFi works at my home, but has more frequently stopped operating as it had when I initially got the phone....

I have not taken it back to a service center or even bothered getting an airrave or contacting tech support...no point since I use wifi at home and I have always been happy with that...and for obvious reasons their is some kind of problem.

Yea it has problems...but just from reading about some folks saying they have no issues makes me feel like ok...well, I know I was one of the first to grab one...probably a mistake...but I had to have this device....

Okay...as far as a fix....the "rumored" update that made it around here made me feel dumb...lol...being an "employee" and thinking I was on top of whatever information I could find out about these issues internally made me go back and double check if I missed something...

An internal forum that we use has acknowledged investigation....this was 2 months ago...the thread has grown...but is extremely slow as far as information...

I can tell you this....there was no discussion of any type of update... so I remain skeptical about the original rumor...and no information anywhere stating that this "rumored" update would be released or even if it was delayed...

I am not concerned that me voicing this information could get me in some trouble, because I am not sharing anything....because there is nothing to share unless another employee cares to rebuke or agree with what I am saying....

Reactions: AndroidOne

mmaldin

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm going out on a limb here....I am an employee of the service provider of this product....I have it and have those very same issues the MAJORITY of you folks on this particular thread have reported...Hell, I reported my issues day after I got back to work after playing with the phone all night noticing issues with wi-fi connectivity....

Honestly to tell you the truth, the voice issue is not a problem at all with my device...I do experience slow download speeds at random intervals on 3G throughout the day....WiFi works at my home, but has more frequently stopped operating as it had when I initially got the phone....

I have not taken it back to a service center or even bothered getting an airrave or contacting tech support...no point since I use wifi at home and I have always been happy with that...and for obvious reasons their is some kind of problem.

Yea it has problems...but just from reading about some folks saying they have no issues makes me feel like ok...well, I know I was one of the first to grab one...probably a mistake...but I had to have this device....

Okay...as far as a fix....the "rumored" update that made it around here made me feel dumb...lol...being an "employee" and thinking I was on top of whatever information I could find out about these issues internally made me go back and double check if I missed something...

An internal forum that we use has acknowledged investigation....this was 2 months ago...the thread has grown...but is extremely slow as far as information...

I can tell you this....there was no discussion of any type of update... so I remain skeptical about the original rumor...and no information anywhere stating that this "rumored" update would be released or even if it was delayed...

I am not concerned that me voicing this information could get me in some trouble, because I am not sharing anything....because there is nothing to share unless another employee cares to rebuke or agree with what I am saying....

I was afraid of that. That is, if you are real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance