[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

Deacon#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official Rumor] July 11th, now July 25th Update

I just got a call from sprint. I sent an email some time ago to Dan@sprint.com and she has been calling me just about every week to see how things are working. This time she wanted to let me know that the update is scheduled to start on the 25th (July) and she wanted to call me back next Wednesday to make sure it installed OK.
Don't know about you folks but that seems like pretty decent customer service to me.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got a call from sprint. I sent an email some time ago to Dan@sprint.com and she has been calling me just about every week to see how things are working. This time she wanted to let me know that the update is scheduled to start on the 25th (July) and she wanted to call me back next Wednesday to make sure it installed OK.
Don't know about you folks but that seems like pretty decent customer service to me.

I had a good experience similar to that. Where about 2 hours later I got a surprise call from one rep who apparently was working kinect my problem on the side and figured out a solution after all hope was lost. Called be because to help me out.

90% of my contact with sprint is ignorant people who read from a scrypt and dont understand that I know what I'm talking about. And they are. Very rude and dont help you if you know more then them. Tell you to go to the store and open and service ticket that has nothing to do with your issue.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site

There is always going to be that one employee who actually enjoys doing there job and feels it is needed to go beyond there normal "I just work here" job standards.

Never the less, great to hear that kind of experience. I wonder if she would have a way to force the update for your phone, that's why she mentioned calling back Wednesday.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Even if they do it will still have black strips on the tops or sides. They always tell me the picture is small and never fills the screen...

5mp will never fit the screen due the aspect of the picture v the ratio of the screen. When I use to switch from 5mp on my Epic to 4mp it will fill up the screen. And 8mp from an Evo would fill up the screen.

On the Epic it seemed as if odd numbers didn't and even numbers did. Makes sense if you think about it though. Should have made it a 6mp camera, lol.

It's like when letterbox came out and everyone was watching on tube tvs and the ratio was all off and it looked like crap. Then you went out and got a wide screen hd tv and thought it would go away. But it's still there on most displays.

Just because the picture fits in the screen doesn't make it bigger. Because if it did on 4mp and doesn't on 5mp the 5mp is still bigger.

weebo

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Did anyone notice the difference in signal strength of the two phones in the video? Hoping to see my constant 1 or 0 bars turn into 3 and 4.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

i know it has nothing to do with sprint, but i p/u the att nexus in a few hours. i'll post the version, and guess they might update all carriers in the same time window.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
i know it has nothing to do with sprint, but i p/u the att nexus in a few hours. i'll post the version, and guess they might update all carriers in the same time window.

With the Nexus coming to ATT now and Sprint having this one this time around: I'm wondering who is going to get the next one first. Will it be Tmobile (Still) AND ATT at the same time now? Or will Sprint get it? Will we see a Verizon Nexus?

All I know is I'm not going anywhere from Sprint unless they have a Nexus.

I'm thinking if Rumors are true; and, the next Nexus is LTE; and, ATT is getting LTE; and ATT bought Tmobile; And, ATT got a Nexus now; that ATT will be getting the nexus. As Verizon doesn't have one.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

With the Nexus coming to ATT now and Sprint having this one this time around: I'm wondering who is going to get the next one first. Will it be Tmobile (Still) AND ATT at the same time now? Or will Sprint get it? Will we see a Verizon Nexus?

All I know is I'm not going anywhere from Sprint unless they have a Nexus.

I'm thinking if Rumors are true; and, the next Nexus is LTE; and, ATT is getting LTE; and ATT bought Tmobile; And, ATT got a Nexus now; that ATT will be getting the nexus. As Verizon doesn't have one.

Sprint also did a partnership with Lightsquared and will also have LTE.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint also did a partnership with Lightsquared and will also have LTE.

Is that official now? I hope it is and rolls quickly. They were making moves with Wimax till it dropped off.

Verizon LTE is so close tom!!!! It's only 15 miles away (where I work). Where as Sprint I have to travel 50 miles. But I messed with an thunderbolt in the mall and loaded the same webpage on each phone. I was really impressed. Maybe it was a bad spot. Yea, all the flash stuff loaded a lot quicker but the pages were about equal. Maybe it wasn't the best way to test it. But it keeps me from looking that way, for now, lol.

If Sprint gets LTE rolling fast and the Nexus at the end of the year is LTE and Sprint I may use my upgrade for it. Because then I know I can sit back with that phone for a while since there isn't going to be anything to rival LTE for a while.

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I kinda figured Sprint and Google were having a fling considering the whole Google Voice integration.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513