[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official Rumor] July 11th, now July 25th Update

Sprint confirms, update is rolling out;

Nexus S 4G software update starts today! It will be pushed to customers in waves over next 2 wks. No manual DL option. https://community.sprint.com/baw/co...-s-4g-data-speeds?ECID=SM:TW:20110722:NexusMR

Correction, Nexus S 4G update will be pushed to customers over the next *3* weeks beginning today - Sprint Community: Announcements: Nexus S 4G Software Update Roll Out Begins on July 25, Boosts Data Speeds

On the offical #sprint twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/sprint

Last edited:

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't really matter if it takes 3 weeks to reach the rest of the world. As soon as a Dev gets ahold the image it will be on XDA 1 hour later. Deodexed a Rooted for our pleasure.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Whats the process of doing the manual update.zip? Is it similar to installing the root package steps?

Recovery Mode etc? A webOS user here, so this will be the first update :)

Put update.zip on SD card, reboot into recovery, apply update from zip file. Simple as that.

Sent from my Google Nexus S

moolman

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Mine just updated, says 2.3.5 and GRJ90, still able to tether, don't know if I will get charged extra but the function does work.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Put update.zip on SD card, reboot into recovery, apply update from zip file. Simple as that.

Sent from my Google Nexus S

I suppose we won't really know if theres a modem update till d-time. And weather or not that modem update is in the update.zip?

moolman

May 12, 2011
Visit site

If I knew how to do a nandroid I would, at work right now, I got a automatic notification to update. On a side note, I never got a 4g signal at my desk at work, it doesn't work well now since I'm inside a building but at least the phone can grab a 4g signal, so they may have fixed it. Can't wait to go home and try speedtest next to my router. I was having major problems getting a consistent speed over Wifi. My Itouch right next to it was getting double speeds.

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Mine just updated, says 2.3.5 and GRJ90, still able to tether, don't know if I will get charged extra but the function does work.

Umm sorry most people wont believe you without proof. But grats anyway

cjitty

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I am about to return my phone to best buy because of the ghost back button press issue that is crippling my phone. Since they said that was somewhat related to 3G data being on, I wonder if this update fixes that. I have tried turning off 3G and it still had the glitch..so guess I'll try for handset number two today.

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site

went over to XDA nothing much there....moolman likes making the rounds though.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Woohoo! Downloading Now. its 22.0MB of goodness. I did the Checkin code three times on the dailer.Maybe that helped get me the update today. Its still downloading. About halfway done.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac