[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 7

That happens if you don't have a valid recovery partition. If you're rooted, you just need to reinstall ClockWorkMod Recovery (quick via ROM Manager). I have no idea how the recovery partition goes wonky if you're not rooted (or how to repair it).

I literally just picked up a replacement NS4G about an hour ago for my signal issues. I really hope this one isn't screwed up too.

superblast

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas on why I can't apply the update. I'm rebooting (pwr + vol up) then selecting "Recovery" then it just hangs on the triangle.

To anyone that helps, thank you in advance.

When you get to the triangle screen, hold down the power button and press volume up. Then select update and point it to update.zip.

Reactions: corndog22cl

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Does it matter if I update my profile while on my Airave network?

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Just flashed it and i DIDNT see any improvements yet...am i the only one?

chrismc

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I literally just picked up a replacement NS4G about an hour ago for my signal issues. I really hope this one isn't screwed up too.

Well if its a fresh phone that you don't have a ton of time invested in setting up, I say ROOT IT! :D

edd247

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Anyone able to tether? My 3g icon disappears and doesn't come back

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

lol yeah i mean i don't really have much to go off of. would you recommend it?
it's fine. you can grab it straight from google if it makes you feel better. pretty sure i put it in the first post of this thread.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Anyone able to tether? My 3g icon disappears and doesn't come back
Nope, no 3G or 4G tethering or hotspot for me. It connects, but no Internet connection. Haven't heard otherwise yet, this might be the one that kills it off.

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site

When you get to the triangle screen, hold down the power button and press volume up. Then select update and point it to update.zip.
Damn it, I kept hitting the buttons at the same time, instead of power then vol up. Worked like a charm this time. Thank you Superblast.

Well boys, I'm cracking a beer. Here's too hoping the signal issues are gone.

Reactions: Tenebrous

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Not really. You can install this if you're rooted (I did). You'll just have to re-run the root process after installing it (not a big deal). Under 10 minutes, and I'm happily rooted on 2.3.5 now. You'll also lose your recovery partition, so you have to reinstall that (and rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh again). If you un-root and install, your phone will be wiped and you'll start with a clean slate. If you install the update on a rooted phone and then re-root, all your data and settings will remain intact with no loss. If you don't want to lose data, don't touch any "fastboot oem lock/unlock" commands.
Look at that wall of text. You're absolutely correct, but people are in frenzy mode and already aren't reading instructions and warnings.

superblast

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed it and i DIDNT see any improvements yet...am i the only one?

I'm seeing a definite improvement. I couldn't even pick up 4G at my office but I get one bar now. ~3000kbps down/200kbps up speeds on speedtest (not very accurate but gives me an idea).

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

can someone please confirm whether to rename the file "update" or "update.zip" Someone on here is saying something different than all of the directions I read.

chrismc

May 9, 2011
Visit site

can someone please confirm whether to rename the file "update" or "update.zip" Someone on here is saying something different than all of the directions I read.

"update.zip" worked for me. That's what the recovery ROM is expecting to see.

fretless

May 19, 2011
Visit site

After the update, NFC is enabled and I can no longer un-check the box. Is anybody else seeing this? :confused:

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone who is actually paying for mobile hotspot confirm if they can still tether or use mobile hotspot. I guess it would be helpful to find out if it's now a paid service and somehow Sprint can manage it that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan