[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 7

My inside source at Google told me Sprint can't mess with the internal tethering or anything about this phones setup. But that was a month ago, so maybe things have changed. Forced to root now..sigh

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
I think that's right. Google puts on the software and allows us to create tethering connections and hotspots (which we can still do), but ultimately the push of data comes from Sprint as the service provider. That's what's failing now, I can create the connections but no data is coming down the pipe. This is all on Sprint, not Google.

jcspcc

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Is it possible to apply the update if I am rooted and have Cyanogenmod 7.1 Releases Candidate?

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the 4G widget was mentioned on the unofficial leak calling for the July 11th update, not on the official announcement from Sprint.

Jmayn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official Rumor] July 11th, now July 25th Update

I tried re-rooting after the update and it didnt work for me
***I take that back i have root i just some how lost my recovery partition

I think i'm actually rooted still too, and have lost the same thing. It still shows the unlocked lock on my boot up screen. Not sure if that even means anything.

cjitty

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think that's right. Google puts on the software and allows us to create tethering connections and hotspots (which we can still do), but ultimately the push of data comes from Sprint as the service provider. That's what's failing now, I can create the connections but no data is coming down the pipe. This is all on Sprint, not Google.

My friend told me he can still tether with update..I think he is rooted tho

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Official Rumor] July 11th, now July 25th Update

I think i'm actually rooted still too, and have lost the same thing. It still shows the unlocked lock on my boot up screen. Not sure if that even means anything.

Seeing the unlock on bootup just means that the bootloader is unlocked, has no bearing on whether or not you have root.

undergroundgiligan

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

About the 4g widget. All sprint systems are stating that the widget should be there. Stores all received emails telling us the breakdown of what all was included with. Trying to get in touch with our sprint rep about the widget because I personally cant find it.

kynov

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded the update from the google link and renamed it to update.zip. I can't get this to work. I am rooted with Clockwork and stock rom. I keep getting the error --

Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "crespo4g" ||
getprop ("ro.build.product") == "crespo4g"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

aponteg22

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Finished updating, but there seems to be no difference whatsoever. 3G still showing the same number of bars as pre-update, and the speed seems the same. I still can't get grab a 4G signal in a supposedly strong area. Still testing Wifi..

Edit: I performed the update manually and no problems came up during the process.

chrismc

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded the update from the google link and renamed it to update.zip. I can't get this to work. I am rooted with Clockwork and stock rom. I keep getting the error --

Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I ran into that. You need a newer version of ClockWorkMod recovery. Fastest way is to install ROM Manager from Market and install it from there.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

If you are using a custom recovery and not stock, check over at XDA for a patched update. The file you got from Google's site only works on stock recovery as is.

EDIT: or the post above mine seems to indicate you need a newer version of clockwork, so maybe that's all you need.

cwisuth11

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Finished updating, but there seems to be no difference whatsoever. 3G still showing the same number of bars as pre-update, and the speed seems the same. I still can't get grab a 4G signal in a supposedly strong area. Still testing Wifi..

Edit: I performed the update manually and no problems came up during the process.

Same here, no issues updating but no real noticeable difference for me

rbaker507

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Followed the directions, updated no problem. I have not noticed any big improvements yet. Holding out hope!:-\

Label facing right

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

Just got home and tested my 4G speeds, I live on the edge of 4G coverage and their easily double of what they were before the update. Also worth noting, I use Clear for my home internet and only get a max of about 1.3 mbps down every time I test it.

Download: High 6.6, Low 4.9, Avg 5.75 mbps
Upload: High 1.3, Low 1.2, Avg 1.25 mbps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781