[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 7

Gingerbread has been my favorite release and the most stable for me.

Honest inquiry - not intended to refute or criticize your statement - what do you like about GB over Froyo?

The reason for the question, I don't see GB as a major upgrade the way I see Froyo was, perhaps I am wrong to think this way. With the upgrade to GB on my Evo, I have noticed more issues with my signal that were not present on Froyo and very little in the way of incremental features. The one thing I really like about GB is the new text selection functionality, makes editing on the phone much better than before - the new GB keyboard was quite nice improvement as well.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I think GB on a Evo is never going to run as good as GB on a Samsung device because of the different processors; and, I think of course, it's always going to run better on a Nexus.

Anyways. One of my phones on my account got the update. Other didn't. And inverse of the opposites for the market. That's why I hate OTA.

I had to do a profile update to get it from evdo rev 0 back to A. I hope this update fixes MY problem as I have no updated yet of not being able to update my profile. As if I can't... I'm stick on rev 0.

The only thing I could test since the phones were both in no signal areas: (Showing 0 bars on each phone but had some service; this area just doesn't get service for sprint). The browser is SOOO much smoother. Especially on pages with flash. I did a side by side test on the same site. The 2.3.4 would lag, lock, and not scroll right. Where as 2.3.5 was perfect and smooth. Looking forward to that. Big time. Biggest complaint I've had with the browser.

I wonder what else was tweaked and not mentioned.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Your Rev0/RevA problem should fix itself. Mine did and I can't currently update my profile.

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site

If I make a Nandroid backup of 2.3.4 and go through the OTA process, can I always roll back to the backup through recovery?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

If I make a Nandroid backup of 2.3.4 and go through the OTA process, can I always roll back to the backup through recovery?
I just downloaded both 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 to my phone and the corresponding radios and switch back and forth that way.

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site

Is anybody else experiencing random reboots? since getting the update my phone has started rebooting for some reason

batis#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site

my phone has been asking me for an update the last few days...

I'am not sure if it is the 2.3.5 update anyhow my question is will this update stop my tethering?

and will it brick my phone?

thanks,

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Bricked means it will NOT TURN ON. It's essentially just a "brick"(expensive paper weight) with no possible way to recover my phone after the update.

I think Chud was more asking, why would you think this update would brick your phone given that nobody else that has updated has had that happen to them?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

That is indeed what I was asking.

batis#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I think Chud was more asking, why would you think this update would brick your phone given that nobody else that has updated has had that happen to them?

will i loose the tether on my phone after I update it?

batis#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Have you actually read any of the multiple posts around here discussing this very issue?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I've read some post some people say that their tether is gone after the update and other say their still works.

this is the only reason I ask bc I cant seem to find a clear answer.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I've read some post some people say that their tether is gone after the update and other say their still works.

this is the only reason I ask bc I cant seem to find a clear answer.

lmao...one of 2 things...you either update and see if it works or you search and see if it works....:p

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante