Google Voice not connecting?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So, here is my problem as of late. I don't know if it's a Google Voice problem or if it's with the Nexus.

Everything is working find back of house and on the website. But every once and a while my app stops working.

I attempted to turn on text messages for my phone through the app and it wouldn't go through. At that time I went to the website to do it and noticed I had an SMS from 6 hours ago that I never go through google voice. Then I tried to sign out and it wouldn't go through.

After force closing the app and rebooting it I get my message.

Is anyone else having this issue? I was enjoying using the app for a week now since everything seemed to be working. And now something else goes wrong.

Anyone else?

grayin

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
This happens daily to me. Whenever I am in a bad signal area it hangs on sending and often won't receive. FC is the only answer. Hopefully they are working on a better way to handle this.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This happens daily to me. Whenever I am in a bad signal area it hangs on sending and often won't receive. FC is the only answer. Hopefully they are working on a better way to handle this.

That's a hole other issue in itself that happens to me. I was in excellent service all day and didn't receive a text message. 6 hours later when I went to the site I noticed I didn't receive the message. This just wasn't communicating with the internet and needed to be FC.

That's the issue I have when in poor signal. Which is why I was going to put on text messaging in the first place. There are only 2 ways out of it when it hangs up. Hitting home and going to FC it; or, hitting the search button will stop it. Allow you to go through the app which will eventually FC itself.

The app definitely needs work.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
That's a hole other issue in itself that happens to me. I was in excellent service all day and didn't receive a text message. 6 hours later when I went to the site I noticed I didn't receive the message. This just wasn't communicating with the internet and needed to be FC.

That's the issue I have when in poor signal. Which is why I was going to put on text messaging in the first place. There are only 2 ways out of it when it hangs up. Hitting home and going to FC it; or, hitting the search button will stop it. Allow you to go through the app which will eventually FC itself.

The app definitely needs work.

Just out of curiosity to make sure its not your data connection, have you tried to update your PRL and profile and trying after that?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity to make sure its not your data connection, have you tried to update your PRL and profile and trying after that?

Definitely not that; as I just spent hours on the phone with Sprint with data issues last week. (Finally informing me after everything that there was an outage).

All other apps and data works correctly. IE: GTalk, Gmail, Browser. It's just the app hangs itself up every once and awhile and isn't communicating properly until force close. And it's not like data was gone for a second or so at that exact time; as, the message was from 6 hours prior when it was working. And all data within that time worked correctly.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just happened again. I'm just gonna get the SMS through regular app and voicemails through email until this gets sorted out. Maybe next update.

ash1348

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had exactly the same issues. I first tried to get SMS through regular and voicemails through email, same way you are trying to do. After trying it for a week I uninstalled GV. Hope this gets fixed, I really like it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a strange feeling it has something to do with the updated version now. Better battery life.

I noticed that when you check running services the ram used varies between 28-51mb. Maybe a service is getting killed causing GV to hang up. Hmmm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan