My Nexus went for a swim...in soda!!

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm always placing my phone ontop of something to protect the glossy battery door. Last night however I (for some reason) placed it on top of a glass of soda. It slid forward and dove right in, capacative buttons first. I quickly yanked the battery, cleaned all visible areas and inside the ports best I can and took a blow drier (on cool) to it. Thank god I have no damage what so ever. This device is well crafted with all parts fitted tightly together. I love it even more now!!

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if the NS4G has one, but many phones have an "immersion sensor" that will tell a technician whether or not the phone has been exposed to liquids. I also don't know how much exposure it requires to trip it. Sounds like you got very lucky, but just keep in mind a Sprint tech may call you on it if you ever need to take the phone in for service.

And yeah, planking's for humans not phones! :D

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah most handsets have a white sticker that turns red on the phone plus one on the battery. Haven't found one on the Nexus though. There's usually a sticker on one of the screws to let them know you've opened it which the Nexus doesn't have either. My devices never stick around long enough to need servicing as I usually get bored and sell for something new every few months. This is my first pure Google phone and I gotta say, I will never go back to a phone without pure Google so this one will be hanging around until the next Nexus is released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad