Keep my EVO 3D or switch to Nexus S 4G

Keep EVO 3D or Switch to Nexus S

• Total voters

nexus4ever

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You should definitely switch to the NS4G if you love vannila android and wish to be the first to receive updates. I went down to my nearest sprint store on launch day to get the Evo 3d with my Evo 4g in hand and walked out with a Nexus. Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Joeblow5

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
You should definitely switch to the NS4G if you love vannila android and wish to be the first to receive updates. I went down to my nearest sprint store on launch day to get the Evo 3d with my Evo 4g in hand and walked out with a Nexus. Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
I switched from the 3D to the NS4G as well. The 3D was my first android deice, came from iPhone. IMO, NS4G has better battery, better UI, better design, better handling of wimax (don't have to turn it on/off all the time). I hated Sense. It seemed pointless to me.

ShadowKing

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i went from nexus, to evo3d, back to nexus. after using a aosp evo 4g for months, then using the absolutely perfect (imo) nexus s, i just smitten.

however, a defective screen made me weary, so i switched to the 3d just to see what the fuss was about. nothing on the 3d kept me hooked. games felt the same, all my apps felt the same. i never saw the use of dual core. the higher res screen WAS nice, but that's about all i saw with the evo that i would keep. i did like the form factor, it was nice in the hand, and the camera button was nice. however, 3d is just a gimmick. i used it, maybe 4-5 times in the week i had the phone.

in the end i switched back to the nexus, just because i love the battery life, i love the screen, & sense doesn't make well, sense to me anymore. gingerbread has really stepped up and bridged that gap between hardcore user, and noob to android.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i went from nexus, to evo3d, back to nexus. after using a aosp evo 4g for months, then using the absolutely perfect (imo) nexus s, i just smitten.

however, a defective screen made me weary, so i switched to the 3d just to see what the fuss was about. nothing on the 3d kept me hooked. games felt the same, all my apps felt the same. i never saw the use of dual core. the higher res screen WAS nice, but that's about all i saw with the evo that i would keep. i did like the form factor, it was nice in the hand, and the camera button was nice. however, 3d is just a gimmick. i used it, maybe 4-5 times in the week i had the phone.

in the end i switched back to the nexus, just because i love the battery life, i love the screen, & sense doesn't make well, sense to me anymore. gingerbread has really stepped up and bridged that gap between hardcore user, and noob to android.

I am switching to a Nexus-S today, and selling my EVO-3D, to me I don't like the physical size of the new 3D, it is too tall and heavy for my tastes, I love the form factor and lightweight feel to the Nexus, fits in pocket like it's not even there, and the screen is amazing. Will keep the Nexus-S 4G until the Nexus-Three comes out.

I am not digging the spec's I hear about for the new Sprint Galaxy S2, with a 4.5" screen but still running the same res as the Nexus will look to blocky to me, sure the Galaxy S2 has twice the speed with dual cores and more memory, but that won't make a big difference until Ice Cream in my opinion, and then I will switch the the Nexus-Three when Sprint gets it. The Galaxy S2 will be a short lived top dog, because the next Nexus should come out just a couple months after the S2.

Last edited:

iRaNDrOiD

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, something must be wrong, or you use your phone non stop - the Nexus should last longer than the Evo 3D.
People forget if you(you phone) is most of the time in an area with low signal the phone will drain the battery quicker trying to keep the connection. I just move from an apartment where I had full 5 with my palm pre and manage to about 16-18 hours with 1-2 calls, some browsing and lots of facebook. Now in my new apartment 1/2 bars same phone will die within 6-8 hours depending where I leave the phone around the house, switched to NS4G and while the battery last a little longer half the time the phone won't pull any data unless I have at least 2 bars which I can't get anywhere in the apartment unless I step outside of the apartment. The lesson here is THE RADION IN THE NS4G SUCKS @SS!!!!:mad:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
...I am not digging the spec's I hear about for the new Sprint Galaxy S2, with a 4.5" screen but still running the same res as the Nexus will look to blocky to me, sure the Galaxy S2 has twice the speed with dual cores and more memory...
See the Phone Comparison for more on specs but here is a quick summary.

The Galaxy S II is 4.3" not 4.5". The Height & Width are similar but the Nexus S 4G is thicker making the Nexus S 4G about 20% bigger overall. The Galaxy S II weighs less, adds microSD, Bluetooth 3.0, Digital Zoom, DLNA, 1080p instead of 480p, higher def Rear Camera, and 7x Front Camera resolution.

The Galaxy S II has USB OTG (USB Host) that let's you connect a USB Flash Drive, mouse or keyboard directly to the GS2. The Galaxy S II is fast even before Ice Cream Sandwich comes out: Galaxy S II benchmarked, makes other phones cry in shame.

Speed, size, and weight aside, it really comes down to what feels best to you. You may prefer the little bigger size and weight of the Nexus S 4G.

Play them both and see what feels best to you. It sounds like the Sprint Galaxy S II will be here soon: Sprint's Epic 4G Touch, EVO Design 4G, Motorola Admiral tipped off.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
See the Phone Comparison for more on specs but here is a quick summary.

The Galaxy S II is 4.3" not 4.5". The Height & Width are similar but the Nexus S 4G is thicker making the Nexus S 4G about 20% bigger overall. The Galaxy S II weighs less, adds microSD, Bluetooth 3.0, Digital Zoom, DLNA, 1080p instead of 480p, higher def Rear Camera, and 7x Front Camera resolution.

The Galaxy S II has USB OTG (USB Host) that let's you connect a USB Flash Drive, mouse or keyboard directly to the GS2. The Galaxy S II is fast even before Ice Cream Sandwich comes out: Galaxy S II benchmarked, makes other phones cry in shame.

Speed, size, and weight aside, it really comes down to what feels best to you. You may prefer the little bigger size and weight of the Nexus S 4G.

Play them both and see what feels best to you. It sounds like the Sprint Galaxy S II will be here soon: Sprint's Epic 4G Touch, EVO Design 4G, Motorola Admiral tipped off.

Some rumors have claimed the GS2 will sport a 4.5in screen on some carriers. At least the Hercules will for T-Mobile if i'm not mistaken. ;)

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Hercules_id5541

That is T-Mobile's GS2 variant. Unfortunately the Exynos got stripped of it. Instead it's using a Qualcomm chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis