Google Voice PLEASE HELP?

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
OK guys I just got a replacement brand new Nexus S 4G and I have been using google voice for over a year. However I do NOT want to integrate my sprint and google voice number. When I originally set up my google voice on my nexus I had the option to skip the integration step. I got this new nexus and it doesn't give me the option to skip. Can anyone please help.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I can't help you, but I would like a good, solid answer regarding google voice too. I was using it only for my voicemail on my rooted EVO. Came to the Nexus and got the same options you did and got really confused. I integrated, and then undid it after a google search got me scared about the process. Now, somehow, I have it just doing voicemail again. Maybe that setting stayed from when I set it up on my EVO

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The only real fix I have found for this was to root your device, remove the Gvoice apk, download Gvoice from The Market and at that point when you go to set up your voicemail, you will receive the ?skip? option. I have tried this over 8 times when flashing different ROM?s and setting up my phone from a hard reset a couple times. It works. You will find other work arounds on the forum here, but most of it is just disabling the background data in Gvoice and not receiving texts in the Gvoice app because the notifications have been disabled through settings. If you don?t know how to root, just take some time reading over the how to section?it is really easy on this phone and you will gain other benefits besides avoiding the integration with Gvoice. Just my take?others may think different or offer different solutions.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think "integrate" when setting up the phone means to use your Sprint number as your Google Voice number.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I had two options when setting up. Use my google voice number for everything, or integrate my sprint number, which would cancel my google voice number

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I had two options when setting up. Use my google voice number for everything, or integrate my sprint number, which would cancel my google voice number
Really? On your phone? I don't remember it offering the full integration on the phone.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Really? On your phone? I don't remember it offering the full integration on the phone.

Those were the only two options I had. That's why I got confused. I've seen reposrts of earlier phones having the option to skip these choices and just use gv for vv

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Those were the only two options I had. That's why I got confused. I've seen reposrts of earlier phones having the option to skip these choices and just use gv for vv

I know exactly what you're talking about...when I first got the phone it didn't offer to skip integration.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Don't worry, I thought the same thing but it turns out it's just REALLY bad wording by google. That first popup doesn't cause you to use the same #. Just click next and later on it'll ask if you want to use your google voice # for google voice or sprint. I kept the google voice # for google voice and my phone number for the nexus s. So I still have two #'s.

That first dialog is confusing.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ok guys I found the problem there was a update for google voice but google voice wasn't showing up under my apps. so when I searched for it in the market and updated I had the option to skip.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry, I thought the same thing but it turns out it's just REALLY bad wording by google. That first popup doesn't cause you to use the same #. Just click next and later on it'll ask if you want to use your google voice # for google voice or sprint. I kept the google voice # for google voice and my phone number for the nexus s. So I still have two #'s.

That first dialog is confusing.

Nope, I did that first, and my phone started making calls from my gv #.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
what is your setting in the GV app under Making Calls? By default it was Always Use My GV #

Beats me, I gave up. All I wanted to begin with was voicemail through google voice, and I have it now, so I didn't care. In the set up it specifically says if you pick this option your gv # will be used for everything. Other option makes your sprint # into your gv # and deletes your gv # after 30 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay