how's everybody's nexus holding up?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
To anyone that might be looking to squeak out some extra battery life, make sure you're logged out of Latitude. Even if you've never used it before.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Its holding up ok but collecting a lot of dust around the bezel of the screen. I've yet to drop it naked but I don't find it as sturdy as my old Droid. Say what you want about moto but those suckers can take a hit like a champ.

From Nexus with love

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Its holding up ok but collecting a lot of dust around the bezel of the screen. I've yet to drop it naked but I don't find it as sturdy as my old Droid. Say what you want about moto but those suckers can take a hit like a champ.

From Nexus with love

Is the dust under the screen?

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
My phone is doing fine. I had to replace it because I had a defect on the phone but the replacement is brand new and 100% fine. :)

I replaced the phone back on May 30th and had my first wifi drop issue from it last night however it was not the phone's fault. My router doesn't have a REALLY strong signal and all my wifi-enabled devices (iPod touch 4th Gen, LG Optimus V, Windows laptop, PSP, and DSi) all have trouble in the spot where I lost it at.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

From Nexus with love

Yeah, Motorolas are tanks. Sprint customers are going to realize when the Photon comes out. They'll be more well built than the EVO's

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Motorolas are tanks. Sprint customers are going to realize when the Photon comes out. They'll be more well built than the EVO's

Too true. My Droid was stepped on by a horse and still worked. Lets see a evo survive that!

From Nexus with love

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My hero survived a nuclear blast. :p

Now that the pissing contest is over (wink wink) how can I fix this 12 hour battery life of mine? I mean, 12 hours is decent, but 9 am to 9 pm with no gps, no bluetooth, no wifi, no 4G, no phone calls, moderate texting and at most 10 minutes of a game, all with 3 bars of 3G?...

Other than that, it holds up well! Solid build, I don't have any problems besides my mediocre-but-not-bad battery, and it's FAAAAST! I love it.

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just received my NS4G Thursday, and its easily the best cellphone purchase Ive ever made. I do have some battery issues......but after reading through the forums, definitely going to employ some of what I read.

To think, as great as this phone is now.......there is a lot of unlocked potential.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Now that the pissing contest is over (wink wink) how can I fix this 12 hour battery life of mine? I mean, 12 hours is decent, but 9 am to 9 pm with no gps, no bluetooth, no wifi, no 4G, no phone calls, moderate texting and at most 10 minutes of a game, all with 3 bars of 3G?...

Other than that, it holds up well! Solid build, I don't have any problems besides my mediocre-but-not-bad battery, and it's FAAAAST! I love it.

From my understanding wifi if connected should improve battery life.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Under 'battery use,' what is eating your battery?

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
My NS4G is holding up perfectly with no case or screen protector. One drop onto concrete so far and only a couple of dings on the corners which are not very noticeable at all. I am not one that believes because it weighs less than the evo that it is not as solidly built. No dust under screen like with the evo, and the phone lives in my linty pockets.

Deacon#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine's holding up quite well. My wife got me a zagg screen protector and a Seido active case which I really like. Allows me to carry it on my belt and protects it very nicely. It took a drop 2 days ago to a concrete floor from about 3 feet with no issue at all.(I know, butter fingers)

My only concern is my wifi seems to be quirky.(Even before the drop).
If I turn on my wifi and try to refresh like the weather app it will give me a network error.
If turn off the wifi I have no issue. I've had the sprint store do a hardware check and they did a hard reset too. But it's still a little screwey. I hope the rumored update will take care of that issue.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
In general I love the Nexus S.

The Good
---------------

- fantastic hardware design, just feels good to hold! (and looks great)
- love the pure google OS
- amazing screen (Love SAMOLED)
- call quality is fantastic
-generally fast, responsive to touch
- love google integration (voice, plus, talk, gmail, maps, etc)
- swype
- compass works perfectly (after calibration)

The Bad
-----------------

- occasionally hangs for a few seconds when opening something
- had one time where screen was entirely unresponsive as a call was coming in so I couldn't answer the call!
- No Gorilla Glass! (Actually have a small scratch on the screen from a card in my pocket)
- GPS loses signal in tunnels (I know this sounds crazy, but my Palm Pre NEVER lost signal in those same tunnels)
- battery life is so-so (have to turn off some synching)
- could use a tad more RAM
- No HD recording or HDMI-out
- 4G radio is spotty

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Under 'battery use,' what is eating your battery?

See, I check that, and it's always display, as it should be. Today I played about 7 minutes worth of music, and Cloudskipper (my music app) took up 10% battery. Display was 37%, Cloudskipper 10, Cell Standby 8, Browser 8 (used for about 5 minutes), Mediaserver 7, Android System 6, Android OS 5, Voice Calls 3, Tweetdeck 3, Phone Idle 3, and Dialer 2. I don't feel like I should already be at 20% when I unplugged at full charge less than 9 hours ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781