Engadget reporting update on 7/25

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Official Sprint Announcement

>>Nexus S 4G Software Update Roll Out Begins on July 25, Boosts Data Speeds
>>Posted by SeanD. on Jul 22, 2011 12:58:08 PM
>>Nexus S™ 4G is getting a software update designed to improve 4G data speeds for users and provide several other updates. The release will begin
>>rolling out to Nexus S 4G handsets on Monday, July 25. All users should receive the update in the next three weeks.

You can read the rest on the link above.

LeaninBack916

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
And the video is pretty spot on. The firmware above shows what my phone does on the right. It signal bar is grey and 4g barely shows. The updated firmware has green all over and the 4g is improved. I can't wait for the update!!!!!

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I guess most of you don't care to read through before commenting so let me help you here...

"The software update also improves Wi-Fi connectivity, speakerphone audio quality and adds TTY support for the deaf and hard of hearing."

Actually I did read the entire thing. Several paragraphs about 4G, and the little blurb at the end that you quoted. And they never truly admit a problem, they say they did additional testing and found ways to "improve" the already well performing device (paraphrased).

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you seriously expect a US Corporation to publicly release a statement admitting their product had a defect? Although I would like it to happen, it never will.

I am happy we finally have official news and a date for this update. How much wording was used to describe the 4G fix versus the other fixes is truly irrelevant.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
quick question: will my Nexus update even though im rooted? Because with my Verizon Fascinate if you rooted it it wouldnt take updates from Verizon.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke