07-25-2011 08:02 PM
31 12
tools
    If I had to guess.... the original OTA that came around launch was probably located:

Code:
    http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespo4g/
    And after someone had gotten this latest update and the actual filename was known, the link to it was figured out.
    But how does one find this in the first place? Like why is it so hidden?
    07-25-2011 05:51 PM
    But how does one find this in the first place? Like why is it so hidden?
    Again, I'm just guessing, but since the official update process seems to be OTA and not manually, they don't advertise it.
    07-25-2011 06:05 PM
    Again, I'm just guessing, but since the official update process seems to be OTA and not manually, they don't advertise it.
    I just hate OTA. I'm stumped. I keep looking everywhere. If they don't want people finding it why do they post it in the first place. Google confuses me.
    07-25-2011 06:06 PM
    I just tried following these instructions on manually updating, using the link for the zip file:

Step 1 rename the file to update.zip.
    Step 2 Copy update.zip to root of SDCARD.
    Step 3 Power off phone.
    Step 4 Press and hold Power+Vol up buttons(Enters Boot loader).
    Step 5 Select Recovery.
    Step 6 Wait for the Exclamation Indicater, or Press Vol up and Power, if thats does not work , Press the Power button, or Vol up.
    Step 7 Recovery menu options should appear, select apply update from SDCARD.

I got these instructions from the comment section in the article posted on the main page. I was able to get all the way to Step 6. The Exclamation Indicator came up but did not give me any options. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this thing to manually update? Do I have to place the update.zip file in a specific folder on the SD card that I should name "Root"?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    07-25-2011 07:39 PM
    I just tried following these instructions on manually updating, using the link for the zip file:

Step 1 rename the file to update.zip.
    Step 2 Copy update.zip to root of SDCARD.
    Step 3 Power off phone.
    Step 4 Press and hold Power+Vol up buttons(Enters Boot loader).
    Step 5 Select Recovery.
    Step 6 Wait for the Exclamation Indicater, or Press Vol up and Power, if thats does not work , Press the Power button, or Vol up.
    Step 7 Recovery menu options should appear, select apply update from SDCARD.

I got these instructions from the comment section in the article posted on the main page. I was able to get all the way to Step 6. The Exclamation Indicator came up but did not give me any options. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this thing to manually update? Do I have to place the update.zip file in a specific folder on the SD card that I should name "Root"?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Figured it out. Here are some easier to follow instructions.

1. Download the file
    2. Rename the file "Update.zip" so that it is easy to find
    3. Move it to root of your phones internal storage.
    4. Shut down and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on.
    5. Use the volume buttons to choose recovery from the list, and select it with the power button.
    ***6. When you see the triangle on your screen, hold power and then press volume up and youll have a list of options, choose the file to update***
    Thrasherx2k1 likes this.
    07-25-2011 07:58 PM
    How does the checkin code work?
    open the phone app and get the dialpad up. Type the following in:

*#*#2432546#*#*

The "2432546" corresponds to the letters "checkin" on the dialpad. Don't forget the asterisks in between and after the # symbols.
    07-25-2011 08:02 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD