Update anticipation thread

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Maybe I'll get a response here as the other thread has gone crazy with actual update talk, lol.

1) If you could download straight from Google in the first place: Why is it not suggested by Google or Sprint?
2) Where does one go to find this link on your own? For instance what site do I go to and where do I go from there?

Why would they post it and not let people know where it is? I'm confused about that, lol.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'll get a response here as the other thread has gone crazy with actual update talk, lol.

1) If you could download straight from Google in the first place: Why is it not suggested by Google or Sprint?
2) Where does one go to find this link on your own? For instance what site do I go to and where do I go from there?

Why would they post it and not let people know where it is? I'm confused about that, lol.
Some people have trouble copying the file to their phone and rebooting into recovery. I'm sure google is trying to dumb this down as much as possible by "forcing" the update over the air.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Some people have trouble copying the file to their phone and rebooting into recovery. I'm sure google is trying to dumb this down as much as possible by "forcing" the update over the air.

How do I find it myself? As android.clients.google.com comes up 404 error. Like, who found and it and how? I just wanna know, lol.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
How do I find it myself? As android.clients.google.com comes up 404 error. Like, who found and it and how? I just wanna know, lol.

If I had to guess.... the original OTA that came around launch was probably located:

Code:
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespo4g/

And after someone had gotten this latest update and the actual filename was known, the link to it was figured out.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If I had to guess.... the original OTA that came around launch was probably located:

Code:
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespo4g/

And after someone had gotten this latest update and the actual filename was known, the link to it was figured out.

But how does one find this in the first place? Like why is it so hidden?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Again, I'm just guessing, but since the official update process seems to be OTA and not manually, they don't advertise it.

I just hate OTA. I'm stumped. I keep looking everywhere. If they don't want people finding it why do they post it in the first place. Google confuses me.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just tried following these instructions on manually updating, using the link for the zip file:

Step 1 rename the file to update.zip.
Step 2 Copy update.zip to root of SDCARD.
Step 3 Power off phone.
Step 4 Press and hold Power+Vol up buttons(Enters Boot loader).
Step 5 Select Recovery.
Step 6 Wait for the Exclamation Indicater, or Press Vol up and Power, if thats does not work , Press the Power button, or Vol up.
Step 7 Recovery menu options should appear, select apply update from SDCARD.

I got these instructions from the comment section in the article posted on the main page. I was able to get all the way to Step 6. The Exclamation Indicator came up but did not give me any options. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this thing to manually update? Do I have to place the update.zip file in a specific folder on the SD card that I should name "Root"?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just tried following these instructions on manually updating, using the link for the zip file:

Step 1 rename the file to update.zip.
Step 2 Copy update.zip to root of SDCARD.
Step 3 Power off phone.
Step 4 Press and hold Power+Vol up buttons(Enters Boot loader).
Step 5 Select Recovery.
Step 6 Wait for the Exclamation Indicater, or Press Vol up and Power, if thats does not work , Press the Power button, or Vol up.
Step 7 Recovery menu options should appear, select apply update from SDCARD.

I got these instructions from the comment section in the article posted on the main page. I was able to get all the way to Step 6. The Exclamation Indicator came up but did not give me any options. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this thing to manually update? Do I have to place the update.zip file in a specific folder on the SD card that I should name "Root"?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Figured it out. Here are some easier to follow instructions.

1. Download the file
2. Rename the file "Update.zip" so that it is easy to find
3. Move it to root of your phone?s internal storage.
4. Shut down and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on.
5. Use the volume buttons to choose ?recovery? from the list, and select it with the power button.
***6. When you see the triangle on your screen, hold power and then press volume up and you?ll have a list of options, choose the file to update***

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy