hello all, so i'm a first time poster here and im very seriously interested in getting a NS4G as my next phone ($50 on amazon is a steal!)

my question is 2 fold... 1) did the recent update solve all reception issues? how is both 4G and 3G speeds and signal strength? even before the radio problems in the NS4G, it seems like lots of people have issues w/ Sprint speeds in general, let alone a hardware problems... which leads me to my next question

2) for people who live in the NYC area, how is the coverage? I work in mid-town and live in northern NJ...

so my decision to buy this phone really comes down to how good the speeds and 3g and 4g coverage are... if its really going to be a problem, im gonna have to look at a different phone which i dont want to since i want stock google...

any feedback would be appreciated... thank you!
    07-25-2011 07:47 PM
    hello all, so i'm a first time poster here and im very seriously interested in getting a NS4G as my next phone ($50 on amazon is a steal!)

my question is 2 fold... 1) did the recent update solve all reception issues? how is both 4G and 3G speeds and signal strength? even before the radio problems in the NS4G, it seems like lots of people have issues w/ Sprint speeds in general, let alone a hardware problems... which leads me to my next question

2) for people who live in the NYC area, how is the coverage? I work in mid-town and live in northern NJ...

so my decision to buy this phone really comes down to how good the speeds and 3g and 4g coverage are... if its really going to be a problem, im gonna have to look at a different phone which i dont want to since i want stock google...

any feedback would be appreciated... thank you!
    Coverage in NYC is excellent. I usually don't have a problem. Rarely find a spot where I don't get service with Sprint. The most recent time I couldn't get anything going was in Queens. I had full bars though. I think there was an issue that day in that particular spot I was in. Very slow to no data rates.

Other than that being in Queens and Manhattan I always have excellent service. Especially in Manhattan. Wimax doesn't do so well inside though. Especially in large buildings in Manhattan.

4g, I was having issues with the 4g on this phone while in Queens. But apparently it's been better from what others have said so far as of connectivity.

IMHO. If your going to get Android the Nexus is your best bet. I can't tell you what carrier to get. But living in the where you do I never find sprint to be a problem here. Further out east I do.
    07-25-2011 07:51 PM
    Best Buy has it for free. Don't know if you're upgrading or if that price applies to upgrades or not.
    07-25-2011 08:14 PM
    Best Buy has it for free. Don't know if you're upgrading or if that price applies to upgrades or not.
    yes, i just realized... when i put it in my cart at amazon wireless, it said its free =)

btw thx for the NYC update... looking for a few more comments about the new firmware and NYC coverage and ill probably pick one up =)
    07-25-2011 09:11 PM
    I used my Evo 4G when I interviewed in NYC last month and in my hotel room with 1 bar on 4G I got download speeds of up to 7mbs download... Didn't get that in Cleveland or San Francisco

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-26-2011 05:49 AM
    Recently I've been having tons of coverage issues in queens. I think it's because of my phone.
    07-26-2011 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD