Have the reception issues been fixed, thats my biggest concern.
    Thanks
    07-25-2011 08:04 PM
    I just installed the update and I still have zero bars and my airave is 20 feet away from me. My wifi signal jumps around from weak to strong. PS my phone is feeling hot also.

Sent from that Nexus S 4G via Tapatalk
    07-25-2011 11:10 PM
    I just installed the update and I still have zero bars and my airave is 20 feet away from me. My wifi signal jumps around from weak to strong. PS my phone is feeling hot also.

Your phone is broken.
    crzycrkr, drummer7 and Tyndall like this.
    07-25-2011 11:17 PM
    I didn't really have signal issues before the update buy my phone feels much faster now. I've only been on wifi though so I won't know more til tomorrow.

It did break tethering

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-25-2011 11:23 PM
    Volume issue not fixed here. My Wifi bars go up & down. Phone signal goes from 2-4 bars. I really don't see any changes quite frankly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.
    07-25-2011 11:29 PM
    My Wifi signal seems a bit stronger, especially at the end of the house. I get 2-3 bars where I used to get 1-2. But as for the phone signal, it hasn't changed. It fluctuates between one and two bars still.
    07-25-2011 11:59 PM
    Your phone is broken.
    Lol I hope not... I was playing around with my phone and when I call someone I immediately get 3 bars. Then when I end the call it goes back to zero bars. I don't mind that, I just hope it doesn't kill my battery.

07-26-2011 12:00 AM
    Reinstalled Volume +

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.
    07-26-2011 12:11 AM
    I haven't noticed much of a difference. I never really had a problem before with reception though. Everything seems about the same to me.

07-26-2011 03:51 AM
    Everything still the same for me. Only difference is they took away my tethering. So if anything this update is WORSE.
    07-26-2011 07:10 AM
    My 3G/4G signal issues are, if anything, worse. My signal doesn't bounce around 0-2 bars now....it just stays at 0 bars. I can still get calls but my data speeds are almost non-existent.

My wifi now gets much highers speeds. Probably the only plus I saw.

Tethering is broken

Volume seems to be the same.

Overall, I'm not a happy camper. I'm going to take some videos of my phone's horrible signal and get out of my contract with Sprint (I'm in the middle of their "Best" coverage). I'm probably gonna head to Verizon or AT&T.
    07-26-2011 07:34 AM
    I dont see any difference after this update. I think the only thing this update did was stop the free tether. My wifi is the same,3g is the same and I still have no 4g. (No 4g in my area) . I think we got doped on this one guys. So do you still trust Google? 2.5 months later we get an update and this is what we get!

07-26-2011 08:29 AM
    My WiFi is very strange now. It bounces from 4 bars to 1 bar. Thats with the phone sitting in 1 spot, next to another vanilla android phone that has a solid 4 bars WiFi without any fluctuation. I'm not testing the speed, only observing the displayed signal attenuation.
    07-26-2011 08:35 AM
    I seem to have a stronger cell signal (more bars) now after the update, as well as a stronger wifi connection and better 4G strength. So in general the update did improve my phone for my use.
    07-26-2011 08:44 AM
    looks like I'll be getting a photon or iphone 5
    07-26-2011 08:46 AM
    3G reception is definitely not any better. If anything, I think it got worse for me.

Worst update ever.
    07-26-2011 09:12 AM
    I'm getting 1 to 2 bars of working 3G in a building I used to get no service in. Also, the browser scrolling and zooming is much, much smoother. No 4G toggle widget though.

07-26-2011 01:57 PM
    my 3g speeds tripled I am rooted running Miui rom from MIUI.us UNITED WORLDWIDE - News
    I went from a consistant 200-400kbs a sec download to a constant 1.4mbs-2.1mbs 3g speed can't test 4g MIUI doesn't support 4G but my market loads easily 3 times faster on 3g also downloads apps faster at least 2x faster signal in terms of bars is up from a consistant 0-2 bars to 2-4 bars so overall im pretty happy hear but I didn't flash the rom I just flashed the RADIO!
    07-27-2011 07:53 AM
    Only difference I see is the lack of free tethering. This was more of a downdate than an update.
    07-27-2011 08:29 AM
    Your phone is broken.
    Kinda a jump there don't you think?
    07-27-2011 08:53 AM
    Huge improvement in wifi, maybe a slight improvement in 3g according to before and after speed tests(wasn't a problem to begin with for me), My PRL and Profile will update which it didn't before, volume is louder (I no longer keep it on max). I never had a problem with calls dropping. Overall, a worthwhile update. Can't comment on 4G yet.
    07-27-2011 09:01 AM
    My 3G speeds are greatly improved overall. I hit over 2 Mbps and that has NEVER happened before. I see a lot more 3 and 4 bars everywhere I go, whereas before it would be 1 or 2, sometimes 3 and almost never 4. On average I am seeing 0.7 Mbps and above anywhere I am, even with places with low signal and before I'd say it was more 0.3 to 0.4 Mbps average pretty much everywhere. I rarely got up close to 1 Mbps, in fact I can only recall going slightly over 1 Mbps a couple times and those were in much more sparsely populated areas than where I usually am (Houston).
    07-27-2011 09:04 AM
    My 3G speeds are greatly improved overall. I hit over 2 Mbps and that has NEVER happened before. I see a lot more 3 and 4 bars everywhere I go, whereas before it would be 1 or 2, sometimes 3 and almost never 4. On average I am seeing 0.7 Mbps and above anywhere I am, even with places with low signal and before I'd say it was more 0.3 to 0.4 Mbps average pretty much everywhere. I rarely got up close to 1 Mbps, in fact I can only recall going slightly over 1 Mbps a couple times and those were in much more sparsely populated areas than where I usually am (Houston).
    Glad to hear since at times my 3G would go to 1G
    07-27-2011 09:27 AM
    Wow amazing update. I was getting .4 Mbps down on 3g in my house. Now its a steady. 85 to 1.1. Wifi is slightly improved. And before on 4g I was getting 8-9 Mbps Max. Now I'm pretty steady at around 12-14 Mbps down and in real crappy areas the lowest is around 5. Speaker sounds clearer but I'm not sure. But, overall great update!
    07-27-2011 09:29 AM
    My results have been very positive. I am rooted and was running the stock kernal and stock GRJ22 firmware. I flashed the new GRJ90 firmware. I also flashed the new radio firmware D720SPRKE5. I do not have 4G in my area and really did not have any 3G problems before but I can safely say that my 3G signal has improved. At my home I went from -86 dBm to -75 dBm at my office I went from -115 dBm to -86 dBm. WiFi signal has also improved. Speeds have increased slightly but hard to measure the exact change due to the inaccurate nature of speed tests. Loosing wireless tether is a bummer. If my signal strength was not such an improvement then I would just flash back to GRJ22. Even still when I need wireless tether I can flash GRJ22 over my current ROM and have wireless tether up and running in about 3 minutes total. I can live with that.
    07-27-2011 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD