Nexus S vs Evo 4G

lsufronier

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I am trying to decide between these two. I already have an Evo 4G and it stopped sending and receiving MMS so I brought it into Sprint and I am now trying to decide between getting another Evo or a Nexus S. Help please?

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Between these two phones, there is no question - get the Nexus S 4g. Better and faster than the Evo, not to mention NFC, but the trade off is Facebook sync.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the Facebook sync is not that big of a deal to me. Does anyone know if the Nexus S will receive Ice Cream Sandwich? Thanks

I haven't heard or seen it stated so I can't be 100% sure that it will, but if you stop and consider that the Nexus One is still getting updates to the latest and greatest of Android then I think it's likely the Nexus S will get it ICS.

lsufronier

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys it's greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards getting the Nexus but just wanted to make sure it was going to receive ICS. How has the hardware of the Nexus held up? In the store it feels so light that I am afraid it will break easily. Is it durable like my Evo?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys it's greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards getting the Nexus but just wanted to make sure it was going to receive ICS. How has the hardware of the Nexus held up? In the store it feels so light that I am afraid it will break easily. Is it durable like my Evo?

It is light, but it is solid. I find it to be more durable and better constructed than my EVO. No flexing or creaking like the EVO.

chrismc

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay well that's great to hear. It just feels so light that it made me nervous.
You might want to hold out until Sunday (7/31) when the Motorola Photon 4G comes out to see how it looks. Gingerbread, dual-core Tegra 2, 1G RAM, more pixels, 16G + MicroSD storage, HDMI, ...

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You might want to hold out until Sunday (7/31) when the Motorola Photon 4G comes out to see how it looks. Gingerbread, dual-core Tegra 2, 1G RAM, more pixels, 16G + MicroSD storage, HDMI, ...

The Photon is nice, but I would still go with the Nexus right now. Its cheap and just as fast as the dual core phones right now. I don't see ICS slowing it down much

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I had the EVO for a year (now son has mine and wifey has one), and moved to the Nexus S 4G. Love the size and feel in the hand. Definitely the right move for me.

Meltony

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I just chose the nexus s over the evo and the deciding factor for me was the improvement in battery life of the nexus s. My wife has the evo and is happy with it. The second reason I picked the nexus s was the screen.

mhpspeed

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just sold back my Evo today(ginger-evo-deck rom) for $150 and picked up the Nexus S 4G for $9 and also got a $50 mail in rebate, I think I made money?

Anyways, besides the fantastic deal, the phone is already considerable faster, I didn't over clock too much on my evo since the battery already only lasted ~14, and the battery already seems to be a bit better. The rear camera also seems better even thoughits lower mp, not sure how
that worked.

In conclusion, after 4 hours, and an ex evo lover, I've tried every rom I could, I love the nexus, a little worried about what and when the next nexus will come out but I figured I get a new phone every year anyway, I love spending and wasting money on new tech.

P.s. DO ITTTTT!!!1

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Glad to run across this thread - my EVO 4G also broke (power button broke on the motherboard somehow) and with EVOs being on backorder, I was given the choice of:

Waiting for the EVO 4G to come in once it's in stock again
EVO Shift
Nexus S 4G

I grudgingly decided on the Nexus S 4G (as I was hoping for the EVO 3D (yeah right!)), and after reading this, I'm glad I made the choice.

My EVO was great - first phone I've kept over 6 months! But I can't take a broken power button, it's driving me crazy! :) Now I can save my upgrade for something better down the line :)

Thanks!

lsufronier

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Glad to run across this thread - my EVO 4G also broke (power button broke on the motherboard somehow) and with EVOs being on backorder, I was given the choice of:

Waiting for the EVO 4G to come in once it's in stock again
EVO Shift
Nexus S 4G

I grudgingly decided on the Nexus S 4G (as I was hoping for the EVO 3D (yeah right!)), and after reading this, I'm glad I made the choice.

My EVO was great - first phone I've kept over 6 months! But I can't take a broken power button, it's driving me crazy! :) Now I can save my upgrade for something better down the line :)

Thanks!
How are you liking your Nexus compared to the EVO now?

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
How are you liking your Nexus compared to the EVO now?

Don't get it till tomorrow :( I had hoped it would be in today - but no such luck. I'm still trying to find a case for it here locally (to no avail) -- it looks like I'm going to have to order one, which sucks! LOL

I'll let ya know tomorrow evening/Friday morning what I think - it won't take me long to figure out if I like it or not! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney