Nexus S vs Evo 4G

HockeyPre

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have had the EVO since launch. Now debating on the Nexus S.

How is the camera on it? I would be downgrading to a 5MP instead of 8 but do you notice that much difference?

Does it sync you're twitter contacts?

Thanks in advance. Great thread.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have had the EVO since launch. Now debating on the Nexus S.

How is the camera on it? I would be downgrading to a 5MP instead of 8 but do you notice that much difference?

Does it sync you're twitter contacts?

Thanks in advance. Great thread.

The Nexus flat out sh1ts on the EVO. Better in every way by a lot.

No zoom on the camera, but I find it to take better pics.

Don't know about twitter as I don't use it

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

When it comes to cameras (especially phone) megapixels really means nothing it's all about the quality of the piece of plastic they use for a (cough) lense.

My very old 2.1mp Olympus C-2100 will still out shoot any phone camera

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
As of right now - I don't have an opinion one way or the other - I'm still in process of getting all my "crap" together - getting apps back, settings back, etc. Should know more in the next few hours :)

caseyatbt

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Between these two phones, there is no question - get the Nexus S 4g. Better and faster than the Evo, not to mention NFC, but the trade off is Facebook sync.

What is NFC? Also, why does Facebook sync not work?

Last question, I have a 32GB SD Card in my EVO. It will feel odd not having removable memory. If something bad happens to the phone, am I outta luck getting my data off of it? It makes me a little nervous.

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Also, why does Facebook sync not work?

Last question, I have a 32GB SD Card in my EVO. It will feel odd not having removable memory. If something bad happens to the phone, am I outta luck getting my data off of it? It makes me a little nervous.

my understanding about the Facebook Sync thing is that Google disabled the option - I can't figure out how to change it, I'm thinking it can't be changed - but I'm still super new at this, as I only got my phone a few hours ago!

About the SD card -- it does have 16GB of "removable memory" you just can't remove it. It's labled as an "SD Card" when you turn the phone on, it prepares it just as it does on the EVO. The difference is it can't be changed out - but I think as long as you can turn the phone on, you can get to it via computer as I've done today when transfering picture files and whatnot. Now if you can't get the phone to turn on, that's a completely different story - but hopefully it doesn't come to that - I would just suggest backing up your SD card to your computer - I do that anyway, just in case something happens to the phone with the SD card in it....if that makes sense. I don't do it daily, but try to do it every couple of weeks (I don't change the data on the card that often and I don't take irreplacable pictures on my phone anyway).

Good luck - I like my Nexus S so far - no complaints except for the facebook thing and lacking Sprint Zone - but those are minor complaints and don't really count! :)

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
What is NFC?
Near Field Communication. It's a radio in the back cover that will eventually let you pay for things by swiping or holding your phone near a reader. There are more possibilities but they're pushing the payment thing for now with the upcoming Google Wallet.

Also, why does Facebook sync not work?
Google hates Facebook so they removed this on stock Android. HTC and Moto, etc added it back in.

there are plenty of backup solutions. you can copy your entire phone to a computer like was mentioned. your contacts and calendar etc are synced to google. pictures can go to Picasa or any number of online solutions. Dropbox, SugarSync. Music with Google Music. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you take the proper precautions.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend just bought a used evo4g (I flat out refused to let her use an upgrade on it). I haven't used it too much but it's very nice. The most obvious difference to me is the screen. It's soooo much nicer on the nexus.

Her evo seems plenty fast though. There are also some things I like about sense like the 4g widget and homescreen previews.

Bottom line is that the nexus will get ice cream sandwich very fast, evo probably won't get it at all

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes