I'm a bit iffy to download this update (even though eventually it will probably be forced). For people who already installed the update, post your complaints here
    07-26-2011 02:23 PM
    I've given up on Gingerbread, lol, ha. I'll be happy when ICS comes. I'll see what happens when mine comes. I'm waiting for the OTA. I'm not manually doing anything anymore. Just incase.
    07-26-2011 02:36 PM
    I'm a bit iffy to download this update (even though eventually it will probably be forced). For people who already installed the update, post your complaints here
    How will it be forced? I do not plan on updating - I'd rather put it off until I want to update, if I want to.
    07-26-2011 04:34 PM
    How will it be forced? I do not plan on updating - I'd rather put it off until I want to update, if I want to.
    Hmm I guess you're right. When I had a Palm Pre a couple years back I tried holding off on an update or two and after about a month after it was pushed out my phone started downloading the update automatically once I was in a 3g/wifi area.

I assumed android did the same thing. I always downloaded android updates right away so I never actually could tell if it was forced or not. If the cons outweigh the benefits than I'll most likely hold off on this update
    07-26-2011 04:46 PM
    Hmm I guess you're right. When I had a Palm Pre a couple years back I tried holding off on an update or two and after about a month after it was pushed out my phone started downloading the update automatically once I was in a 3g/wifi area.

I assumed android did the same thing. I always downloaded android updates right away so I never actually could tell if it was forced or not. If the cons outweigh the benefits than I'll most likely hold off on this update
    I think it will automatically download; but, you don't have to install it; but, then I think when another update comes out after it: it updates from the latest version and won't from the previous to that.

At least I know when I had 2.2 on the epic and the second version of 2.2 came out: they had it set for 2.1 to 2.2 since the first 2.2 build was pulled. Then I wasn't able to update with the new 2.2. I had to reflash 2.1 on my phone to get it.
    07-26-2011 04:49 PM
    I think it will automatically download; but, you don't have to install it; but, then I think when another update comes out after it: it updates from the latest version and won't from the previous to that.

At least I know when I had 2.2 on the epic and the second version of 2.2 came out: they had it set for 2.1 to 2.2 since the first 2.2 build was pulled. Then I wasn't able to update with the new 2.2. I had to reflash 2.1 on my phone to get it.
    So, can you not install it until after the next update comes out, or right before, and then install it?
    07-26-2011 04:57 PM
    So is anyone elses market place slow to open?
    07-26-2011 05:01 PM
    So, can you not install it until after the next update comes out, or right before, and then install it?
    I guess you could save it for later. Lol.
    07-26-2011 09:40 PM
    I guess you could save it for later. Lol.
    Lol, guess it may be worth a shot.
    07-27-2011 01:06 AM
    I updated and I lost MLB at Bat 2011 and Hulu. can't find them in marketplace. any idea why?
    07-27-2011 01:12 AM
    I updated and I lost MLB at Bat 2011 and Hulu. can't find them in marketplace. any idea why?
    Sorry man - however, eventually I am sure those apps will be updated.
    07-27-2011 02:44 AM
    So is anyone elses market place slow to open?
    my marketplace has been awful lately. extremely slow and crashing. Im still on 2.3.4 though
    07-27-2011 08:30 PM
    i manually updated the market, but i went back to the old version.
    07-27-2011 08:50 PM
    i manually updated the market, but i went back to the old version.
    Mine just updated itself. Its coming...unfortunately. the new market is horrible and slow
    07-27-2011 09:05 PM
    Its not just my market thats slow, my stock browser is also slow while on 3G. If I turn on my wifi its fine. Before with my airave I didn't need to turn on wifi it was just as fast.
    07-27-2011 09:35 PM
    Its not just my market thats slow, my stock browser is also slow while on 3G. If I turn on my wifi its fine. Before with my airave I didn't need to turn on wifi it was just as fast.
    I generally have no problem with stock browser in a low signal area, but the market is another story. The new version sucks imo.

Mine just updated itself. Its coming...unfortunately. the new market is horrible and slow
    Typical Google pushing things that we don't want like Instant, Previews, butchering Youtube, Google+, etc.

/rant
    07-28-2011 01:46 AM
    I generally have no problem with stock browser in a low signal area, but the market is another story. The new version sucks imo.

Typical Google pushing things that we don't want like Instant, Previews, butchering Youtube, Google+, etc.

/rant
    Its the market itself that's slow, not the connection while using it.

Idk, I like G+ and am looking forward to riding myself of facebook

Sent from my Transformer
    07-28-2011 07:42 AM
    Today it seems better but its definitely not like it was.
    07-28-2011 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD