Marketplace Update

god_trentonj

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the new marketplace on my Nexus. My wife's Evo doesn't have it yet.... I have no idea when it came or anything. Still don't have the 2.3.5 update.

So far I really like it. Seems so much more organized and easier to find new apps that I'm not really looking for. What do you all think so far?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea how. Mine just did it on its own. There wasn't even anything in the notification bar that it had been updated.

Yea. Mine wasn't there. I went to the market. Then I was doing something. And 30 seconds later the icon changed and it was there.

No such luck on the other nexus on this account yet though. Lol. Bought them the same day. Lol. I hate Google updates. Haha.

Anyways. I like it. But it doesn't go with the rest of the phone though. Lol it's to updated to look right here. O well. Ics will come soon.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea. Mine wasn't there. I went to the market. Then I was doing something. And 30 seconds later the icon changed and it was there.

No such luck on the other nexus on this account yet though. Lol. Bought them the same day. Lol. I hate Google updates. Haha.

Anyways. I like it. But it doesn't go with the rest of the phone though. Lol it's to updated to look right here. O well. Ics will come soon.

I'm starting not to like how Google releases updates as well. To have to wait days and sometimes weeks for an update to come to you is unnerving.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For those that are impatient, why not just manually install the market and OS updates?

Its the principal of the matter. Shouldn't have to come here to update before ota. Just cause you can go to a speak easy doesn't mean the wah shouldn't be changed. Lol.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Its the principal of the matter. Shouldn't have to come here to update before ota. Just cause you can go to a speak easy doesn't mean the wah shouldn't be changed. Lol.
I get what you're saying but I see no problem with staggered updates for a variety of reasons.

Not to mention, as always, we forum people are the minority as far as owners go so that's why I usually assume members would be more apt to tinker.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I get what you're saying but I see no problem with staggered updates for a variety of reasons.

Not to mention, as always, we forum people are the minority as far as owners go so that's why I usually assume members would be more apt to tinker.

I did on my Epic. I just don't want to be bothered with it now. I'll wait. In case they do pull it. Otherwise I'm gonna have to go and root, whipe, and flash, lol. And I don't wanna be bothered with that. I've never actually experience an OTA except for that one time the first day I bought the Nexus.

I have PTSD from my Epic days. Never waited for the OTA. Then the next day it be pulled. (Numerous times) and I'd have to go and reflash everything.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Makes sense. Can't really blame you.

Even without. It still sucks and they need new ways of getting updates out. It wouldn't harm giving it to everyone via desktop computer software/web based. With the option to downgrade if it's bad. This way everyone can have it and they can get know if it sucks more sooner. Instead of putting one toe in.

Then, if you didn't like the update you could stay there and then later just update right to the newer one.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Also the marketplace update is lingering. Others have had it for weeks. I have yet to get it. Its just aggravating.

I got the Market pushed to my phone. I didn't mind waiting for that. I like the new look. 2 Of my friends and my girlfriends nexus still don't have it, lol. I like how it added books. The movies I could do without. Maybe if I had HDMI out it be more appealing. I'll stick to the netflix.

I'm glad they added books though. Even the books apps directs you there when you hit shop or search for something. Hated going to the website for them. You can browse top free; but, you still can't go to a category and browse top free. Don't like that. Can search better for free content on the desktop version of the ebook store.