Marketplace Update

derwin

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
the market suddenly appeared a few days ago on my nexus as well, however it seems like the Market Search aspect of the Google search bar at the top of the home screen broke afterward.

if you tap the Google bar, type an app you're looking for, switch to "Apps" search, and press the button, it depresses but nothing happens. weird!

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The market update is extremely random. I've been having some issues lately and have performed several data resets and lets say 3 out of 7 resets resulted in the new market app being pushed to my phone. It normally updates after entering market, downloading an app and exiting.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just put the new market back on the phone...the first version I had last week did not work properly at all...this second download works and gives me all options that were not available when the new market was pushed to my phone the first time...I must admit I like it...at first I wanted to go back to the old market

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just put the new market back on the phone...the first version I had last week did not work properly at all...this second download works and gives me all options that were not available when the new market was pushed to my phone the first time...I must admit I like it...at first I wanted to go back to the old market

Yes, it's nice. I just wish it didn't seem so out of place on GB, lol.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
on the 2.3.5 update

so far I've seen exactly zero difference since my update came through.
oh wait...that's not true. now my phone info says "2.3.5" and "GRJ90". that's the only difference I have seen so far.

haven't received the market update, though. seems like everyone else has. weird.

Last edited:

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It's more of a behind the scenes update addressing signal, connection and speed issues. If you guys are looking for a visual difference, you won't find one.

alexepena

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The reviews for apps are all over the place with the new android market alupdate. I liked how before, the reviews would be arranged from latest to oldest, now they're not
any way to change that?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
It's more of a behind the scenes update addressing signal, connection and speed issues. If you guys are looking for a visual difference, you won't find one.

i've seen no signal difference. speeds are the same, too.

i suppose there is one other difference...my battery life seems to have decreased since the update. it seems to drain quicker now.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i've seen no signal difference. speeds are the same, too.

i suppose there is one other difference...my battery life seems to have decreased since the update. it seems to drain quicker now.
Did you get the update directly from Sprint?

Did you do a battery pull after? Did you call Sprint and ask them to reprovision your data?

Above all else, give it 24 hours or so. I never had connection issues to begin with and my speeds didn't show any improvement until a day or two later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital