07-30-2011 06:57 PM
30 12
tools
    I was thinking more along the lines of October 32 1/2th. That sounds like a better date. Anyways, the Nexus One did get Gingerbread, a couple months late, but still got it. This thread seems like the gossip my wife and all her family does, makes me feel like I am tuning into "A day in the life of Android".
    07-29-2011 10:32 PM
    I've actually had [conspiracy] theory floating around in my head that the Nexus S has such dim touch buttons so that they will be invisible when ICS lands- since the rumors say ICS will do away with physical (or capacitive) buttons in favor of on-screen controls a-la Honeycomb.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

----EDIT FOR CLARITY FROM THE FUTURE TO FOLLOW----
    Wouldn't they just write into the software so they wouldn't turn on?
    Sorry, should have more clear: They're invisible when off (no silkscreen) but you can barely see them even when they're on. That could have been fixed by a silkscreen, or by making the LED cutouts larger- but both of those things would have made them visible when off. So my point is they're invisible when _off_ and the things to make them more visible while on would ruin that effect.
    07-30-2011 06:21 PM
    I've actually had [conspiracy] theory floating around in my head that the Nexus S has such dim touch buttons so that they will be invisible when ICS lands- since the rumors say ICS will do away with physical (or capacitive) buttons in favor of on-screen controls a-la Honeycomb.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*
    07-30-2011 06:42 PM
    Sorry, should have more clear: They're invisible when off (no silkscreen) but you can barely see them even when they're on. That could have been fixed by a silkscreen, or by making the LED cutouts larger- but both of those things would have made them visible when off. So my point is they're invisible when _off_ and the things to make them more visible while on would ruin that effect.
    07-30-2011 06:47 PM
    Hmmmm. Interesting theory. I like it.
    07-30-2011 06:57 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD