Nexus S with Ice Cream sandwich?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus S with Ice Cream sandwich??

Well first off, it's actual reason and common sense. Of course it'll run better on dual-core phones with higher RAM than on single-core phones with low RAM. Just because it's a unifying release doesn't mean it'll run the exact same on every single phone.
and you're saying hands down without a doubt that phone X will absolutely run it better than phone Y, even though the underpowered Nexus runs better in real world applications than many of the fancy dual cores with double the ram.

Also, you seem to have forgotten that ICS will use Honeycomb's holographic UI along with face-tracking software in the camera along with more features. There's many of reasons that ICS could be slow on 512MB of RAM. Again, common sense tells us that it probably won't be the smoothest experience, even if it's perfectly usable.
The holographs arent ALWAYS running and sucking up RAM and neither is face tracking, so about that common sense.

Considering you decided to argue with me over Sprint removing tethering capability in 2.3.5 (something you turned out to be incorrect about), I'm just gonna think that you don't know what you're talking about and just like to argue when someone posts something that's obvious common sense because you lack it yourself and just want to troll.
I am not the only one who stuck to that stance about tethering and have no problem saying it didn't turn out the way I said it would. I however was going off of an educated guess based on past actions. You know, common sense and all. You're making wild claims and calling them fact when there is nothing concrete even known about ICS yet other than it's a unifying OS that will run on all devices and will have some features of Honeycomb. Keep on saying it's your way or the high way though while calling ME the troll.

Actually, that only applies to the following companies:
Verizon
HTC
Samsung
Sprint
Sony
LG
T-Mobile
Vodafone
Motorola
AT&T

No one else is a part of this alliance and we've never seen it in action so we don't know how it'll take place. Besides, with how GB's release has been going, Nexus One, Nexus S, and the new ICS Nexus will probably be the only phones with ICS for quite a while.
Like any other manufacturer matters? what the hell kind of point is this? I guess I'll wait for Pantech to come storming onto the scene.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Like any other manufacturer matters? what the hell kind of point is this? I guess I'll wait for Pantech to come storming onto the scene.

Yeah, I'm not sure what other relevant manufacturers of Android phones even exist. Can someone name one?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'm not sure what other relevant manufacturers of Android phones even exist. Can someone name one?

kyrocera makes the echo, but yeah, I agree, that the list encompasses a very high percentage of manufacturers that make android phones.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Can we start a new rumor thread now? Lets go with October 11th.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking more along the lines of October 32 1/2th. That sounds like a better date. Anyways, the Nexus One did get Gingerbread, a couple months late, but still got it. This thread seems like the gossip my wife and all her family does, makes me feel like I am tuning into "A day in the life of Android".

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've actually had [conspiracy] theory floating around in my head that the Nexus S has such dim touch buttons so that they will be invisible when ICS lands- since the rumors say ICS will do away with physical (or capacitive) buttons in favor of on-screen controls a-la Honeycomb.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

----EDIT FOR CLARITY FROM THE FUTURE TO FOLLOW----
Wouldn't they just write into the software so they wouldn't turn on?

Sorry, should have more clear: They're invisible when off (no silkscreen) but you can barely see them even when they're on. That could have been fixed by a silkscreen, or by making the LED cutouts larger- but both of those things would have made them visible when off. So my point is they're invisible when _off_ and the things to make them more visible while on would ruin that effect.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've actually had [conspiracy] theory floating around in my head that the Nexus S has such dim touch buttons so that they will be invisible when ICS lands- since the rumors say ICS will do away with physical (or capacitive) buttons in favor of on-screen controls a-la Honeycomb.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, should have more clear: They're invisible when off (no silkscreen) but you can barely see them even when they're on. That could have been fixed by a silkscreen, or by making the LED cutouts larger- but both of those things would have made them visible when off. So my point is they're invisible when _off_ and the things to make them more visible while on would ruin that effect.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Hmmmm. Interesting theory. I like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463