My NS4G never had a signal problem unless it was in a roaming area, then it'd drop my signal. But now, It fluctuates between roaming 3G and Sprint 3G, it doesn't go back to EvD0. It was enough to where I was able to pull up Netflix, though I haven't streamed any movies.

Plus it appears that my internet speeds are a little better. I've tested in an area with a stronger signal and it works like a charm.

And it feels like my phone's a little faster as well.

Tether was broken though, it asks me for my password, which I've never set up at all. But I plan on rooting it soon, so no biggie for me.
    07-28-2011 07:52 AM
    My NS4G never had a signal problem unless it was in a roaming area, then it'd drop my signal. But now, It fluctuates between roaming 3G and Sprint 3G, it doesn't go back to EvD0. It was enough to where I was able to pull up Netflix, though I haven't streamed any movies.

Plus it appears that my internet speeds are a little better. I've tested in an area with a stronger signal and it works like a charm.

Tether was broken though, it asks me for my password, which I've never set up at all. But I plan on rooting it soon, so no biggie for me.

No...I too am noticing similar results. The only thing I'm upset about is the speakerphone still blows, but I too am noticing better 3G speeds, WiFi (for the most part....sometimes it's better and sometimes it's worse), and 3G connectivity (getting 3G in places I didn't before with the signal being a TRUE indicator of what is going on). Plus, here at work, my 3G speeds were so fast that it seemed like WiFi (no joke).
    07-28-2011 08:38 AM

The other byproduct that I seem to notice (no hard facts) is that the batt life is better. I'm well aware of the relationship b/w signal strength and battery life, so this doesn't surprise me, but it is still nice to have regardless. Again, I don't have any hard facts, this is just a quick observation over the past two days since I installed the update.
    07-28-2011 08:47 AM
    The other byproduct that I seem to notice (no hard facts) is that the batt life is better. I'm well aware of the relationship b/w signal strength and battery life, so this doesn't surprise me, but it is still nice to have regardless. Again, I don't have any hard facts, this is just a quick observation over the past two days since I installed the update.
    I too have noticed this. I'm actually liking this update.....besides the speakerphone ......
    07-28-2011 09:12 AM
    I haven't noticed a change at all. Still have crappy coverage (1 to 0 bars, still) and my wifi still continues to drop out and back on. I can't really speak for 3G, haven't been anywhere where I didn't get 3G before.
    07-28-2011 05:11 PM
    Mine is definitely worse. Went from a solid 1-2 bars to 0-1 on 3G. Wifi get's better speed but signal is definitely weaker. Oh yeah, and I have an Airave that my phone connects to about 50% of the time, which worked flawlessly before the update. This is my 2nd NS4G with this problem.

And yes, I tried flashing the update again with the same results so a bad flash is out of the question at this point. I'm debating on attempting to flash the old radio on 2.3.5 to see if that helps.
    07-28-2011 05:38 PM
    Sure it isn't a network problem with some of you? Only reason my signal isn't too strong is because I'm in a roaming area, where it picks up a weaker verizon signal, but still enough to get on 3G.

I'm liking this update. Have any of you tried any other phones to see if they too have the same problem?

I do know the Nexus S uses a different method of measuring signal than the Evo does.
    07-28-2011 06:24 PM
    My 3G coverage is a lot worse. I cant hold a signal where I use to get steady, albeit only 1 bar.

Now I have to move into a different room many times. I had absolutely no issues before the update.

My wifi seems faster but that is the only positive thing I have noticed about the update.

I'm going to complain to Sprint soon.
    07-28-2011 07:02 PM
    The first couple of days after the update my service was worse pre-update....the last few days, have been like night and day. Im getting better signal with the 3g & 4g, everything feels smoother. Im happy now, that I kept my phone.

Funny thing about the speaker........on calls its nice. Loud & clear, everything sounds crisp. Now as far as rings, notifications, alarm....its either gotten worse, or at best its still the same as it was before.
    07-29-2011 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD