Keyboard suggestions please

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Swype, but I am trying out Swift Key X right now, and it is much more accurate for me than the stock keyboard, or typing on the Swype keyboard. I might have to stick with it awhile and see how fast I can get.

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I am typing this message out with SwiftKey x. It is miles above the stock keyboard that comes with my motorola atrix. I have swype Installed and I absolutely hate it. The nice thing about SwiftKey x is it becomes more intelligent each time you use it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Swype, but I am trying out Swift Key X right now, and it is much more accurate for me than the stock keyboard, or typing on the Swype keyboard. I might have to stick with it awhile and see how fast I can get.
I haven't tried swift key but i'm looking Swype because I can text one handed with ease. I'm not as fast add I would be if I were using my two thumbs, but it its a lot easier to type worth one hand or when my phone is lying on my desk at work.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried swift key but i'm looking Swype because I can text one handed with ease. I'm not as fast add I would be if I were using my two thumbs, but it its a lot easier to type worth one hand or when my phone is lying on my desk at work.

I just type a couple of letters on the GB keyboard the select the word when using one hand.

wordweaver

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The Sprint Swype Beta "disclaimer" : "This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers." --- um SRSLY?! There is no frakking way I am using that sh*t.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
The stock keyboard is actually pretty good in of itself. I tried Swift Key X and did not like it very much at all. This past week I have been using Swype and like it - think I will be staying with it.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Do the other keyboards ask for this information?

Yes, that is a standard Android warning.

I like SwiftKey X, but have better accuracy with it on my Evo. On the Nexus I do better on accuracy with Smart Keyboard Pro since you can calibrate it. Also Smart Keyboard Pro has very nice set of skins even a GB one that loks quite good.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Smart Keyboard has been perfect for me. I found the stock Nexus gingerbread board to be very tiny and hard to type on. With Smart they have options for other popular keyboards like the HTC EVO board which I love and use. Or TouchWiz board.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Smart Keyboard has been perfect for me. I found the stock Nexus gingerbread board to be very tiny and hard to type on. With Smart they have options for other popular keyboards like the HTC EVO board which I love and use. Or TouchWiz board.

I use the HTC skin on the Nexus, has the perfect key spacing for me to type faster and more accurately than other skins. But as much as I enjoy Smart Keyboard, I love Swiftkey for it's almost magical prediction capabilities, seem my fingers can not get used to it on this smaller screen.

Smart Keyboard offers several custom skins with different key size/spacing schemes - it even has an iPhone look-alike skin if you are into that sort of thing. This along with the ability to calibrate for your typing, makes it better for me on the smaller Nexus screen. You can grab the free version and give it a try.

Last edited:

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found a good keyboard on Android since I have been on it. I've tried it all but looks like by default the stock gingerbread is the best one i have used. It just doesn't compare to an iphone keyboard.

I do I wish they made the keyboard spacebar a bit bigger. I keep tapping the "." button.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
...I do I wish they made the keyboard spacebar a bit bigger. I keep tapping the "." button.

That and the lack of a proper numeric keypad are my main gripes with the stock keyboard.

Love the numeric keypad on Swifkey X (I use numeric input a lot), wish would be an option on more Android keyboards.

jfgabel#AC

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife has been using Swype on her Epic 4G for several months. She loves it. I didn't like it at first until it was released for the Nexus S. After a week of using it I must say I really like it. I came from the Pre and I really liked the physical keyboard, but this keyboard is making things much better.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
After giving Swiftkey X a try for a week or so, I am back to Swype. For me, I like the fact that I don't have to stop to hit the spacebar between words. Just trace one word, and then the next word, and it automatically spaces.

If I've written something long, I can go back and proofread and clean up any mistakes quickly, usually with one touch correction using the suggested words.

Swiftkey X is very nice as well, much better than the stock keyboard.

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I used Swype for a while but found it made a lot of mistakes. After reading a lot of great things about SwiftKey X I just went ahead and bought it. My goodness it is night and day. I can mash on the keys at full speed like I was typing on my palm pre and it gets the right words every time. Sometimes the words I mash together don't look anything near what I meant to type yet it had learned me so well that it just gets it right. Swiftkey X all the way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay