08-24-2011 08:13 PM
44 12
tools
    I have had my Nexus for a few weeks and I love this phone. I've used a Blackberry for the past 6 years and couldn't be happier with Android other than the soft keyboard. I just make too many mistakes and it takes me forever to compose a message. I've discovered voice recognition and that helps but I dread using the keyboard. I have looked at but not tried the keyboard apps on the Market. Would any of these help?
    07-28-2011 02:30 PM
    Swype.
    07-28-2011 02:49 PM
    Swype.
    I like using it the best; but, it comes out with stupid suggestions/words sometimes.

I'd rather deal with hit they wrong key a million times then getting the wrong entire word every time I put something that's too close to something else. And then on top of that: it doesn't give me the suggestion of something that's close to where I was.

I hate software keyboard, lol.
    07-28-2011 02:52 PM
    Someone had suggested " Smart Keyboard " from the market before....so i tried it and im liking it. It doesnt have swype but the keys are spaced out from each other a little bit further than the stock keyboard, i just find it easier to use.
    07-28-2011 03:06 PM
    SwiftKey x. It took a little getting used to but now I am liking it a lot.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 03:10 PM

+1 (4 char)
    07-28-2011 03:18 PM

I nabbed that one when it was free on Amazon, but I haven't tried it out yet.
    07-28-2011 03:25 PM
    Slideit is better than swype but SwiftKey is the best IMO

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 03:50 PM
    Slideit is better than swype but SwiftKey is the best IMO

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Yeap, typed on SwiftKey X.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 04:51 PM
    swype, it changed my life
    07-28-2011 06:33 PM
    So far I've tried swype, slideit, a perfect keyboard, smarter keyboard and swiftkey and personally I prefer swiftkey. I came from a blackberry as well and swiftkey has what I need for a soft keyboard, but when it comes down to it, its all personal preference and what works for you.
    07-28-2011 09:20 PM
    What is the difference between Swype and SlideIt? I can't seem to tell the difference in the way they work. Does SlideIt just have a much better word recognition algorithm or something?

I've been using Swype for about a week now, and notice that when it works it works well, but when it fails it's terrible. I spend so much time going back doing corrections and such. I've gone through all the tutorial and I'm making good use of all the tips & tricks that they've provided, which are all really helpful. But, in the end, it's still a frustrating experience. I can type almost twice as fast on a physical keyboard on my Palm Pre.
    08-13-2011 08:43 PM
    I think thats the main difference between swype and slideit but ive never tried slideit.

I still prefer swype for one handed typing but the more that swiftkey learns, the better it gets. I can knock out a sentence with a few taps now creepily easy. Which means its really good or im sadly predictable.
    08-13-2011 08:53 PM
    The only thing that I hate about the stock keyboard is the space bar.... but maybe that is just because I came from an EVO and a larger screen.
    08-13-2011 10:02 PM
    ok, a little update... I gave SlideIT a full testing and found it to be not as good as Swype. I made a ton more errors and correcting/adding words to the dictionary is more difficult. Also, the fact that you have to manually switch between slide mode and tap mode is a huge inconvenient. On the other hand, I found SlideIT's keyboard layout so much better than Swype's.
    08-14-2011 10:13 AM

+1
    08-14-2011 11:22 AM
    I was using Smart Keyboard for a while, but now I love Thumb Keyboard. I use it on my NS4G and Transformer
    08-14-2011 01:43 PM
    Swift Key X is the finest. I've tried them all & this seems to be the most intuitive of them all. IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.
    08-14-2011 02:12 PM
    Sprint just released a Nexus S 4G version of Swype with a new optional keyboard skin that seems much better than default. Download from sprint.swype.com. Turn off auto-correction to avoid constant full word errors.
    08-16-2011 05:34 PM
    I nabbed that one when it was free on Amazon, but I haven't tried it out yet.
    I nabbed it.... tried it for a few hours and HATED it!!! I was really not happy with it... I guess I got too used to stock!! I just downloaded the new beta of swype!!! That's the way to go
    08-16-2011 11:06 PM
    I just tried the new Swype keyboard and I really like it. I'm going to give it a shot for a week.
    08-17-2011 03:12 AM
    I just tried the new Swype keyboard and I really like it. I'm going to give it a shot for a week.
    Me too. This may be the best. I need to use it for a while.
    08-17-2011 09:15 AM
    I'm a big fan of Swype, but I am trying out Swift Key X right now, and it is much more accurate for me than the stock keyboard, or typing on the Swype keyboard. I might have to stick with it awhile and see how fast I can get.
    08-17-2011 09:32 PM
    I am typing this message out with SwiftKey x. It is miles above the stock keyboard that comes with my motorola atrix. I have swype Installed and I absolutely hate it. The nice thing about SwiftKey x is it becomes more intelligent each time you use it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    08-17-2011 09:38 PM
    I'm a big fan of Swype, but I am trying out Swift Key X right now, and it is much more accurate for me than the stock keyboard, or typing on the Swype keyboard. I might have to stick with it awhile and see how fast I can get.
    I haven't tried swift key but i'm looking Swype because I can text one handed with ease. I'm not as fast add I would be if I were using my two thumbs, but it its a lot easier to type worth one hand or when my phone is lying on my desk at work.
    08-20-2011 06:53 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD