07-31-2011 09:04 PM
30 12
tools
    I didn't get any better reception. My 4g doesn't work either. Sprint says my phone is fine but it's almost entirely unusable. I'm visiting a 4g area and the connection is intermittent and my phone won't even roam now. I just get no signal . I'm very disappointed in this thing and regretting ever buying it.

I had high hopes for it. Everything is awesome, but the phone features.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    curious..your sending this from your phone right?...yet...how is it working if you have no signal? how did you send this through tapatalk if you have no connection?

can you throw up a quick speedtest?
    07-31-2011 04:19 PM
    Forgot to check dB strength. Thanks for the suggestion. Although in real time usage I haven't noticed much of a change. But even if it is minor it's better than nothing.
    07-31-2011 04:50 PM
    Forgot to check dB strength. Thanks for the suggestion. Although in real time usage I haven't noticed much of a change. But even if it is minor it's better than nothing.
    These tests I have done have come at my house. Which I thought would be best reference to tell a difference. Only because our signal here is just horrid, with about 5 other Android devices they could not do any better then -90dbm. As for my Nexus S after this recent update, it stays around -86dbm, when before the update it was -96 to -106dbm.
    07-31-2011 04:56 PM
    Clocking in at -65 dbm in my house. Was at -86 dbm before the update.
    07-31-2011 05:41 PM
    I am having all the known signal issues with my Nexus S. After the update didn't work I brought the phone in for testing. Turns out I am having an antenna issue. With a lot of people reporting the update did not fix anything, I wonder how many phones have faulty antennas.....
    07-31-2011 09:04 PM
30 12