When I tap the Google Search bar at the top of my home screen, I can type in an app I'm looking for. Then I tap the Google button and change to "Apps", neither the 'arrow right' nor the 'Go' buttons on the keyboard do anything. Of course I could always launch the Market itself and search from there, but that's not as fun.

This happened right after the Market updated itself too. I've tried unchecking the Apps box in the Preferences, rebooting, and then re-enabling it, but if that worked I wouldn't be posting this. Any ideas?
    07-29-2011 11:28 AM
    that method searches for apps you already have on your phone.
    07-29-2011 11:41 AM
    that method searches for apps you already have on your phone.
    That's not true. You can also look up apps in the market with that method as well. Maybe there is something wrong with the new market because it works fine on my device with the old market.
    07-29-2011 11:46 AM
    That's not true. You can also look up apps in the market with that method as well. Maybe there is something wrong with the new market because it works fine on my device with the old market.
    It works the way I described on mine with the new market.
    07-29-2011 11:48 AM
    Mine seems to be working.... just searching for apps on your phone right?
    07-29-2011 11:55 AM
    Mine seems to be working.... just searching for apps on your phone right?
    I think he's looking for apps not yet installed.

youre perfect for this....you still have two phones, one with and one without the new market, right?
    07-29-2011 11:57 AM
    if you're looking for an app that you've already got on your phone, you don't need to change any tabs, it just shows up immediately in the default search parameter.

if you're shopping for a new one one, however, the button to make that search happen isn't quite working. i'd like to figure out why. the new update was pushed to me today, too, and i was hoping that would fix it.

is there a way to reset the Google Search app or the Market? can you delete the Market and then reinstall via an APK? i'm not sure if the program itself has any bearing on this issue, as it's moreso with the universal search bar.
    07-30-2011 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD