07-31-2011 12:10 AM
50 12
tools
    At least you two guys have (somewhat = P ) rational reasons.

Majority of people just like to whine about not having it and then totally ignore the dead simple option of manually installing it.
    07-29-2011 07:07 PM
    At least you two guys have (somewhat = P ) rational reasons.

Majority of people just like to whine about not having it and then totally ignore the dead simple option of manually installing it.
    lol. If I didn't have an Epic before this phone I'd probably be updated already. The phone scarred me for life.

I rooted wiped relfashed updated that phone more times than most people do on numerous phones combined, lol.
    07-29-2011 07:14 PM
    I finally got the update sometime over night. Woke up at 4am and it was ready to install. Now I just need the new market...
    07-29-2011 07:43 PM
    Wife and I had em for over a month now. No update.
    07-29-2011 09:59 PM
    Wife and I had em for over a month now. No update.
    Do you want the red pill or the blue pill?
    07-29-2011 10:07 PM
    Just got mine a few moments ago. Don't really see any difference. We will see what happens when I actually go out tomorrow and test the signal.
    07-29-2011 11:10 PM
    Mine's rebooting from the update now...
    07-30-2011 12:50 AM
    Installed mime about 2 hours ago. I'm seeing 1 bar extra on both wifi and 3g. Hate to admit it cause it makes me wrong. But my 3g is better.

I'm loading webpages in locations with low service I couldn't before. And in my drive way I did a test to make sure. Before I would do voice to speach and it wouldn't go through. Just tried it now. Instant.
    07-30-2011 01:02 AM
    Speed test app showed me at 300kbps. Wtf. Did the cnet website test. Gave me a 1150kbps. I saw around 1300 in their a for a while.

The speed test app was giving me consistent 300kbps area. Somethings wrong with that app.

Liking this new update.
    07-30-2011 01:09 AM
    Just got the update myself. Still have to test it out to see how it will work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    07-30-2011 01:25 AM
    Noticed my YouTube videos loaded a few seconds quicker. Even HQ was quick. Before it tool like 20-30 seconds. Under 10 here. I like it. I'm not listening to the bad feedback. Just people who complain about everything and will never be happy.

And if I'm wrong. Its cause these did it manually. Hackers! Lol.
    07-30-2011 01:27 AM
    lulz
    07-30-2011 01:28 AM
    Noticed my YouTube videos loaded a few seconds quicker. Even HQ was quick. Before it tool like 20-30 seconds. Under 10 here. I like it. I'm not listening to the bad feedback. Just people who complain about everything and will never be happy.

And if I'm wrong. Its cause these did it manually. Hackers! Lol.
    You do realize your on a forum that talks about all forms of android phones.There's no need to make comments about people that applied the update manually,there is no difference at all between accepting the OTA or flashing it in stock recovery. That's the whole point of Nexus phone's the updates are from google no need to fear about things getting all screwed up because Google made the update for the phone not samsung not sprint.
    07-30-2011 01:32 AM
    You do realize your on a forum that talks about all forms of android phones.There's no need to make comments about people that applied the update manually,there is no difference at all between accepting the OTA or flashing it in stock recovery. That's the whole point of Nexus phone's the updates are from google no need to fear about things getting all screwed up because Google made the update for the phone not samsung not sprint.
    You don't get my sense of humor I guess. And forget the tmobile nexus update that washed out the screen.
    07-30-2011 01:40 AM
    You don't get my sense of humor I guess. And forget the tmobile nexus update that washed out the screen.
    I must not,cause to me it almost seems like you put down hacking/rooting phones and it's not something to be scared of at all. Updates and phones are not perfect never have never will be. There's nothing in the world that's perfect stuff fails sometimes and it could happen to anyone at anytime. If there's was something worry about when applying the ota into recovery i would be one of the first in line screaming that it shouldn't be done. When people see your post what if they don't get the humor and get all scared off? That's the part i don't understand,it's a nexus it's made to be unlocked and played with if you choose to.

EDIT: Im done going off topic,sorry OP for taking over your thread and
    @blackhawka4 no harm no fool,
    07-30-2011 01:46 AM
    Speed test app showed me at 300kbps. Wtf. Did the cnet website test. Gave me a 1150kbps. I saw around 1300 in their a for a while.

The speed test app was giving me consistent 300kbps area. Somethings wrong with that app.

Liking this new update.
    Yes, there's an issue with Speed Test on the Nexus S. It never shows the correct speeds.

If you use Speakeasy's Speed Test (in Flash), it'll tell you the correct speeds (or at least closer to what they should be vs Speed Test).
    07-30-2011 04:01 AM
    Got my update last night, but have not applied it yet since I love having free hotspot. I must say that the reminder for it is absolutely annoying!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-30-2011 08:45 AM
    Mine downloaded last night and it installs quickly. It does appear to help with 4g latency but I cannot tell if the reception is better. I still cannot receive in my home. The phone seems quicker overall and I noticed that I have more RAM available.
    07-30-2011 10:55 AM
    Mine downloaded last night and it installs quickly. It does appear to help with 4g latency but I cannot tell if the reception is better. I still cannot receive in my home. The phone seems quicker overall and I noticed that I have more RAM available.
    I noticed the ram too. Started out at 220 which it never did. Then as I used to phone only dropped to like 184. Usually lower than that.
    07-30-2011 11:22 AM
    I must not,cause to me it almost seems like you put down hacking/rooting phones and it's not something to be scared of at all. Updates and phones are not perfect never have never will be. There's nothing in the world that's perfect stuff fails sometimes and it could happen to anyone at anytime. If there's was something worry about when applying the ota into recovery i would be one of the first in line screaming that it shouldn't be done. When people see your post what if they don't get the humor and get all scared off? That's the part i don't understand,it's a nexus it's made to be unlocked and played with if you choose to.

EDIT: Im done going off topic,sorry OP for taking over your thread and
    @blackhawka4 no harm no fool,
    O I never said anything about hacking YOUR phone. That's fine. I use to do it all the time with my Epic. I was implying you hacked my update, lol. Joking of course.

So recap of first immediate things I've seen:

1- More ram at start up; More ram after all my apps that are normally ope, are.
    2- Snappier OS. Not locking up like it was sometimes.
    3- 1 bar extra on both 3g and WiFi. (Can't test 4g yet; but it was unbearable so if it works... it's good, lol)
    4- 3g definitely was improved performance wise. Whether the signal is increased or what. I'm able to load pages faster; load pages where I couldn't; and example of data being processed better: in my drive way using voice to text it would never go through. Just sit there loading and then error out. Now it's instant.
    5- Wifi had 1 bar extra and I didn't test the speeds; but, I was getting consistent signal with no flux. And getting signal at the end of the driveway where I would drop off.
    6- Browser scrolling is much more snappier; especially on web pages that use flash. Flash players actually seemed to be more responsive too. Coincidence? I don't think so. But I'll have to test more. One flash player wouldn't let me scroll through the time or press the buttons on the player. Was very easy to do this time around.
    Dnelson_1971 likes this.
    07-30-2011 11:34 AM
    Got my ota update yesterday. I haven't noticed much difference. Wifi connection seems to be more stable. Download speeds do seem to have increased slightly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    07-30-2011 02:13 PM
    Does the browser hang on we pages with lots of pics? I can give you one to test if need be as I am still waiting on my update.
    07-30-2011 03:10 PM
    Upload seems slow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    07-30-2011 03:33 PM
    Does the browser hang on we pages with lots of pics? I can give you one to test if need be as I am still waiting on my update.
    What's the website your referring too. Mine seems smoother. On a page with lots of flash and videos.
    07-30-2011 04:36 PM
    Just got the notice of the update being available to me on my new phone (I've had it since Thursday). Haven't updated it yet since I'm trying to run my battery down before charging, and i'm at like 13% so it's too low to do the update without being plugged in. We'll see what it does for me - although I've had no complaints about any of the issues mentioned THUS far (I won't say ever, cuz the moment I do, I'll have loads of problems!)
    07-31-2011 12:10 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD