The reason I'm really exited about ice cream sandwich

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The lead designer is mathias duarte. For those who don't know, he was the main designer behind webOS. While webOS' implementation might have been slow, the design is beautiful, brilliant and intuitive. If he brings even a little of that to ice cream sandwich it'll be amazing.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I do not think it is going to be much different looking than Honeycomb. Duarte was the main designer for HC as well.

According to recent talk by Duarte (and oddly, Chamillionaire the rapper), Duarte indicates that it WILL be significantly different. (That's his opinion though, we may feel those differences are minor)

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
i'm just hoping for full-blown hardware acceleration and smoother scrolling. It's already smooth on the Nexus S (the only time I see it lag on the homescreen is when there is a widget that updates its icon....i.e. Pandora or YouTube widgets....). And we can already see it in action in Gingerbread in the 3D launcher (without a Live Wallpaper of course). It's so smooth, and I hope the entire UI can be this smooth......

Outside of that, just hoping for the usual things (battery life, garbage collection, more API support, the usual.....)

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I extremely excited for ICS too! I sold my evo in hopes that the Nexus will get ICS. I couldnt imagine ICS on a phone because honeycomb is amazing to me!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The lead designer is mathias duarte. For those who don't know, he was the main designer behind webOS. While webOS' implementation might have been slow, the design is beautiful, brilliant and intuitive. If he brings even a little of that to ice cream sandwich it'll be amazing.

If it weren't for Android WebOS would be the nicest looking OS out there, lol.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I extremely excited for ICS too! I sold my evo in hopes that the Nexus will get ICS. I couldnt imagine ICS on a phone because honeycomb is amazing to me!

Yes, the Nexus S will receive ICS. As a Google Developer phone, Google probably uses it to test out ICS for single-core phones.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how ICS or if ICS will be skinnable by sense or others. Maybe they'll be forced to get on the stock android train :)

Still don't know what chamillionare had anything to do with it lol.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
...Wait, what?

Chamillionaire...and Android? .... :confused:

I have no idea what this is.

One thing I wish android did: Color changes. I like the OD Green look; but, sometimes I wanna change it to look different for different wallpapers. Like, change it to blue or something. Or I guess people might want red, purple, etc.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

"I've been arrested 15 times. Cops suck!"

Why are we even talking about this? lol. Does he have the intelligence to actually use an Android phone? That's why he likes iPhone. Dumb and Shiny. It's got pictures so I can figure out what I'm doing. *insert picture of cow*: Push button: the cow says: MOOOO. O SH SON! The cow says mooo! I can finally figure out how to identify animals (features).

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
"I've been arrested 15 times. Cops suck!"

Why are we even talking about this? lol. Does he have the intelligence to actually use an Android phone? That's why he likes iPhone. Dumb and Shiny. It's got pictures so I can figure out what I'm doing. *inert picture of cow*: Push button: the cow says: MOOOO. O SH SON! The cow says mooo! I can't finally figure out how to identify animals (features).

I had to get off tapatalk and onto my browser just to like this post. Anybody care to fill me in on who this idiot is?

Reactions: BlackHawkA4

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
He's a rapper. And the reason Google cares is twofold:

1. He has millions of fans who actually listen to him
2. He's very similar to...millions of people in their opinions of what a phone should be/have

That's a big audience of people who right now don't have an Android phone and Google would like them to.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
He's a rapper. And the reason Google cares is twofold:

1. He has millions of fans who actually listen to him
2. He's very similar to...millions of people in their opinions of what a phone should be/have

That's a big audience of people who right now don't have an Android phone and Google would like them to.

I can understand why Google would want to Market a phone to him and others; but, why are we talking to him? No version of Android is going to be devoted to him or influence. Unless it was that help widget they added to the phone.

LuckyLucky

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No need to insult the man.

Like someone else mentioned, he is not unlike millions of other iPhone users (or non-Android users in general) who don't want a desktop experience on a phone. I think Android caters more to the tech savvy crowd...ya know, not MOST people. I don't see a need to call them dumb.

When Android is done right, it's a beautiful thing (SGS II w/Touch Wiz 4, Nexus phones:D). Most buyers will want something simple and easy to use (and that's understandable). They do not care if their phone has a quad-core processor or if it can fly them to the moon. They just need it to work. Even some of the flagship Android phones can be buggy as hell. A dual-core processor can't save terrible software. That's the one thing I hate about Android...too many people put so much effort into having amazing hardware and do not give enough attention to the overall experience. Even though WP7 phones and iOS devices aren't the most impressive when it comes to hardware, they work flawlessly (and they are simple to use which, in my opinion, is what a phone should be). It is one of the reasons why I really wish Sprint would get a decent WP7 phone soon (as WP7 is the only OS I'd want to use right now). Sometimes I find myself getting annoyed with Android because it's a little too much like my PC....and don't even get me started on the Android Market:mad:

I love my Nexus S, even though the hardware is a little old. It's one of the few Android phones I've used/seen that is relatively bug-free. I think a lot of people have had bad experiences with Android phones (wasn't there some article floating around the web about Android devices having the highest return rates?) and that is why many may think they "suck".

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I can understand why Google would want to Market a phone to him and others; but, why are we talking to him? No version of Android is going to be devoted to him or influence. Unless it was that help widget they added to the phone.

Believe it or not, Google actually personally gave a Nexus S to Chamillionaire to try out after his comments. No idea if it has ICS on it though.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No need to insult the man.

Like someone else mentioned, he is not unlike millions of other iPhone users (or non-Android users in general) who don't want a desktop experience on a phone. I think Android caters more to the tech savvy crowd...ya know, not MOST people. I don't see a need to call them dumb.

When Android is done right, it's a beautiful thing (SGS II w/Touch Wiz 4, Nexus phones:D). Most buyers will want something simple and easy to use (and that's understandable). They do not care if their phone has a quad-core processor or if it can fly them to the moon. They just need it to work. Even some of the flagship Android phones can be buggy as hell. A dual-core processor can't save terrible software. That's the one thing I hate about Android...too many people put so much effort into having amazing hardware and do not give enough attention to the overall experience. Even though WP7 phones and iOS devices aren't the most impressive when it comes to hardware, they work flawlessly (and they are simple to use which, in my opinion, is what a phone should be). It is one of the reasons why I really wish Sprint would get a decent WP7 phone soon (as WP7 is the only OS I'd want to use right now). Sometimes I find myself getting annoyed with Android because it's a little too much like my PC....and don't even get me started on the Android Market:mad:

I love my Nexus S, even though the hardware is a little old. It's one of the few Android phones I've used/seen that is relatively bug-free. I think a lot of people have had bad experiences with Android phones (wasn't there some article floating around the web about Android devices having the highest return rates?) and that is why many may think they "suck".

Well I wouldn't have insulted him if he didn't insult an operating system he couldn't figure out to use. I've owned a 2 Blackberries; an iPhone; and 2 Android devices.

1- I went from iPhone to Blackberry and never looked back. That says a lot from the Blackberries short comings on the multimedia side.

2- Android is way better than iPhone. Maybe the Iphone market is bigger; but, it's been around a lot longer; and, people make money by providing apps to a larger market; which, currently, is starting to sway. So more apps will be coming and I'm sure this will equal out.

And the hardware on your Nexus MAY be outdated; but, it gets the job done; and, the Iphone4 isn't exactly blowing it out of the water like other hardware is.... from Android.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, Google actually personally gave a Nexus S to Chamillionaire to try out after his comments. No idea if it has ICS on it though.

Give a small group of rebels some guns and training: you now have a larger "client base" and jihad. I shouldn't have to elaborate on that.