2.3.5 update notification

infennon

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to update if I lose free tethering (I use it to connect my transformer to the net when not near wifi).

My questionbis whether or not I can keep the update notification from coming on screen?

Also if my phone gets restarted will that update be installed or only if I accept the update and have it install?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You get the options:

Install Now
Install Later
Cancel.

When you get this the update is already downloaded to your phone. I'm not sure if hitting cancel will delete it; or, if it will stay there. Also, I'm not sure if hitting cancel, if it stays; will do anything other than the install now option. In terms of if the notification will come back.

Anyone else?

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe after 2 weeks of the first notification that the update is available, you will be forced to accept the update.

If tethering is that important to you, I suggest rooting, especially if you're in a 4G area since the "free" tethering is 3G only.

infennon

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted. But wifitether doesn't work with my transformer since it is adhoc. I don't have any way of rooting my transformer as I don't have a working pc. Thus why I want the free tether option.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted. But wifitether doesn't work with my transformer since it is adhoc. I don't have any way of rooting my transformer as I don't have a working pc. Thus why I want the free tether option.

There are paid apps. One time fee. That will tether for free. Yea, you have to pay for the app; but, then you can use it on any device you want. Without rooting. Especially; if, lets say: you don't have the option to root.

A small on time life time fee is small to pay figuring it's what? 30 a month? Stop being completely cheap. :p

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Which app do you recommend?
There are free apps as well
Here's the wired (or usb tether app) and wireless app files.

Download....I'd save em to your computer too,so you can have them for future use.
Open in Root Explorer,(or another root access file manager app) and install.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
ok i have cynaogenmod 7.1 on my evo 3d it comes with 2.3.5. ive tried a million plus 1 wifi tethers none work. it will allow my laptop to connect but has limited access only. i got wifi tether 2_0_7 to fully connect but still only access to google sites. any ideas there???

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I use EasyTether Pro on my device, and it has worked perfectly. Like somebody else said, there is an upfront cost (9.99 for this one), but after that you are free to use as you wish. I don't know if this app offers 4G tethering as I do not have it in my area anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX